Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

the joys of working from home, I can look forward to more detail on the image reveal, yes!

Vesanic

Glad you liked the Wembley 2003 premiere. This is my favorite Deftones show, I'm very glad I put my hands on the legendary tape.

We will probably stream a couple more shows to help with the wait for new stuff, but we will definitely be streaming the two Bizarre Festival sets, on the 20th anniversary of the 2000 set (August 22).

http://www.youtube.com/DeftonesLiveChannel

wbasmith

Been quiet in here for a few hours, everything okay team?

Vesanic

Deux heures de plus

Gaz

GR1X7S

sharinglungs

GR1X7S

stinkfist

A lot of people seem to think the picture on their website is the woman from their 2020 tour poster... I doubt it's that, it would be weird if they teased a photo we've already seen to this extent

sharinglungs

FRESH DOTS!!! (chime in if you get the reference)

sharinglungs

Quote from: stinkfist on Aug 17, 2020, 01:23 PM
A lot of people seem to think the picture on their website is the woman from their 2020 tour poster... I doubt it's that, it would be weird if they teased a photo we've already seen to this extent

It also doesn't make sense that we're not allowed to post pictures of the images from the website either, but here we are

Vesanic

It does make sense because that tour was going to be the promo tour for the album (the album was gonna come out in July, before the pandemic).

I think their intent is to give the band the exclusivity of the reveal.

What I don't understand is why they would give the artwork away on a tour poster...

stinkfist

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 17, 2020, 01:34 PM

What I don't understand is why they would give the artwork away on a tour poster...

That's exactly it, seems a bit over the top going this far with the mystery and all if it's a photo we've already seen. Maybe it could be a similar photo from the same photo shoot of the model?

Gaz

well if it is the same as the tour poster, the colour scheme will most probably be green and black

wbasmith

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 17, 2020, 01:44 PM
well if it is the same as the tour poster, the colour scheme will most probably be green and black

There's  a peach/pink variant of the poster too

Yossarian

I still hope that cover is different from poster actually and "proof" posted on reddit just created unnecesary confusion. Certain detalis dont add up, like eyebrows on teaser seem to be very clear while on poster they blend with dark background.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Roidragee

Whatever the album cover is, I hope they keep the Black and White aesthetic

Yossarian

+1

this old cinema/etheral vibe in yesterdays teasers is so sweet
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

sharinglungs

Maybe new Spotify mix in half hour? That would be 24 hrs from yesterday... Or just new lyrics on different songs?

Roidragee

Knife prty, and Diamond Eyes now have the lyrics "This is our time, we devour the days ahead" inside spotify and Hexagram has a blinking circle loop now.