Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 17, 2020, 02:34 PM
Knife prty, and Diamond Eyes now have the lyrics "This is our time, we devour the days ahead" inside spotify and Hexagram has a blinking circle loop now.

The light loops are Morse code.

They're spelling the album title

Also... Look at the first letter of the song title that have the flashing dota and dashes....

One weak is 3 dashes - - -
Hexagram is 4 dots ....

Roidragee

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 17, 2020, 02:37 PM
Knife prty, and Diamond Eyes now have the lyrics "This is our time, we devour the days ahead" inside spotify and Hexagram has a blinking circle loop now.

Hexagram is 4 dots ....
Yeah just realized that, it's for sure morse code

sharinglungs

Look at the song titles too, in descending order so far lol

Vanby

One Weak
Hexagram
My Own Summer (Shove it)

Hmmmmm

sharinglungs

I don't think itll be my own summer, they already used that for lyrics.

Mascara or Minerva maybe?

imbrie

And then Sextape or Street Carp for the S?

Vanby

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 17, 2020, 02:47 PM
I don't think itll be my own summer, they already used that for lyrics.

Mascara or Minerva maybe?

Yeah, interesting that the lyrics are being used for multiple songs.

Does kinda look like there's a small block of light flashing twice though
-- = M

Fuzzheadup

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 17, 2020, 02:40 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 17, 2020, 02:37 PM

Hexagram is 4 dots ....
Yeah just realized that, it's for sure morse code

This makes me think we might get something in less than 'One Week' since they seem to be spelling it out..

ghostofemilydickinson

Quote from: stinkfist on Aug 17, 2020, 01:23 PM
A lot of people seem to think the picture on their website is the woman from their 2020 tour poster... I doubt it's that, it would be weird if they teased a photo we've already seen to this extent

Agreed.

Maybe a newb question (which is ironic, as I've been a fan since voting for Seven Words agains RATM's "Bulls on Parade" on my local alternative station's nightly Cage Match feature), BUT: what ever happened to the milky looking bathtub pics Chino had as his Twitter profile pic for a while? I was REALLY hoping something from that shoot would be the cover. Anyone know what that was from?

Inkblades

Yeah, it wouldn't make sense for the label to be super protective of a picture everyone has already seen. I think it will be different, although maybe it's some kind of variant.

punkflop01

This is. definitely one very effective way to get their spotify play count up!

Formant

The cover almost looks like its gonna just be eyes, eyebrows, and a tear. That's where all the negative space seems to be-- none where a nose or mouth, even jawline, would be.

Inkblades

Quote from: Formant on Aug 17, 2020, 03:20 PM
The cover almost looks like its gonna just be eyes, eyebrows, and a tear. That's where all the negative space seems to be-- none where a nose or mouth, even jawline, would be.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. And if I'm being honest, I like that concept a lot more than the tour poster photo (which is a little boring and plain Jane for an album cover IMO).

Inkblades

Quote from: punkflop01 on Aug 17, 2020, 03:15 PM
This is. definitely one very effective way to get their spotify play count up!

I didn't even think of that. Pretty crafty of them.

Inkblades

Quote from: ghostofemilydickinson on Aug 17, 2020, 03:02 PM
Quote from: stinkfist on Aug 17, 2020, 01:23 PM
A lot of people seem to think the picture on their website is the woman from their 2020 tour poster... I doubt it's that, it would be weird if they teased a photo we've already seen to this extent

Agreed.

Maybe a newb question (which is ironic, as I've been a fan since voting for Seven Words agains RATM's "Bulls on Parade" on my local alternative station's nightly Cage Match feature), BUT: what ever happened to the milky looking bathtub pics Chino had as his Twitter profile pic for a while? I was REALLY hoping something from that shoot would be the cover. Anyone know what that was from?

Chino, Frank and DJ Crook all seem to have a knack for finding weird old photos and videos so I would guess Chino's Twitter pic was just a photo he found and liked.

Formant

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 17, 2020, 03:21 PM
Quote from: Formant on Aug 17, 2020, 03:20 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. And if I'm being honest, I like that concept a lot more than the tour poster photo (which is a little boring and plain Jane for an album cover IMO).

Same here, man. The tour poster is cool, and may surely fit thematically with the album cover. But I really like how just eyes, eyebrows, and a tear evoke a mood without need for anything else-- very minimalist.

stinkfist

Frank Maddocks just posted the pic on his Instagram story as well..   ;D

kroko

Man, it's been so long since I've logged in, I forgot my last username and the email I initially signed up with. But I'm glad this place is still active and trying to figure out what's happening with the new album.

Gaz

wbasmith

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 17, 2020, 03:45 PM
Dots have been updated

Not much of a change, but I thjnk you're right. Eyes and brows are way more pronounced and there's a lot less empty space below them