Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

RaptureWS

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 16, 2020, 11:27 PM
I hope this is fair game ves... but I think I found something... most likely nothing, but from the One Weak spotify video... I came up with this... it's almost like an optical illusion.. if you defocus your eyes you can see a a pattern.. almost like they're lining up... Also if you stare at it like a 3d picture, you get another kind of pattern...

Let the speculation begin:

https://i.imgur.com/9q0Kpzf.png

I've been messing around with this image for over an hour in Piccy. It's basically a program that allows you to changes colors, hue, saturation, contrast, brightness, etc. IDK anything about this stuff but my daughter showed me how to mess with it. I haven't found anything signicant, but some of the dots are connected to each other with this blue hue radiating off of them. I isolated it and got the image black and blue only. It was cool but still did not see any meaningful pattern or image. Definitely fun though! I am certain nothing will come of it, but there's always a chance....
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

GR1X7S

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 17, 2020, 01:33 AM
I hope this is fair game ves... but I think I found something... most likely nothing, but from the One Weak spotify video... I came up with this... it's almost like an optical illusion.. if you defocus your eyes you can see a a pattern.. almost like they're lining up... Also if you stare at it like a 3d picture, you get another kind of pattern...

I've been messing around with this image for over an hour in Piccy. It's basically a program that allows you to changes colors, hue, saturation, contrast, brightness, etc. IDK anything about this stuff but my daughter showed me how to mess with it. I haven't found anything signicant, but some of the dots are connected to each other with this blue hue radiating off of them. I isolated it and got the image black and blue only. It was cool but still did not see any meaningful pattern or image. Definitely fun though! I am certain nothing will come of it, but there's always a chance....

I'll be starring at this until I get a migraine

B_S_79

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 17, 2020, 01:33 AM

Reminds me of the backdrop for their SNW tour/shows. Crazy shit playing behind them on that tour.

GR1X7S

This has been a terrible birthday... had to get a COVID-19 test after finding out my fiance's grandmother had to be taken to the ICU from complications from it. It's been a very stressful day but checking SL for anymore news or discoveries have really helped get me through today and I want to thank you guys for this amazing community.. Deftones is my favorite art in the world and I'm loving this rollout so much.

plagasx

Quote from: GR1X7S on Aug 17, 2020, 01:45 AM
This has been a terrible birthday... had to get a COVID-19 test after finding out my fiance's grandmother had to be taken to the ICU from complications from it. It's been a very stressful day but checking SL for anymore news or discoveries have really helped get me through today and I want to thank you guys for this amazing community.. Deftones is my favorite art in the world and I'm loving this rollout so much.

So sorry to hear that man. The Deftones community is a great place of healing though. I'm looking forward to this album more than anything because it's been so depressing for me these last couple months. We're all in this together!

GR1X7S

Quote from: plagasx on Aug 17, 2020, 01:58 AM

So sorry to hear that man. The Deftones community is a great place of healing. I'm also looking forward to this album more than anything because it's been so depressing for me these last couple months. We're all in this together!

Thanks man I appreciate that.  Yeah 2020 has been a fucking dumpster fire but Chino and the boys are gonna save us.

*cheers*

RaptureWS

I think I accidentally DM'd someone a post that was supposed to go here lol. Anyways....

I've been working on that image for hours now. I am about to take a break. Some of the dots are connected with a blue glow on them. I used a program and isolated all the blue and took out the green/red. Then I added a blur effect hoping to see something interesting. No luck, but I feel like I am getting somewhere. But yeah....taking a break for now. This is what I've got so far. https://imgur.com/a/yn15mCV

And GR1X7S, I wish you all the best man.

976-EVIL

Head Up Brother!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

GR1X7S

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 17, 2020, 02:16 AM

Head Up Brother!

I'm good man, one day at a time. You guys are a huge help though believe that!

GR1X7S

What they're doing with this is brilliant when you think about the fact that they have an album out next month and they need to get people talking and build some buzz in such a short time. It's working..

sharinglungs

Here's to hopefully getting a teaser track sooner than later!

Roidragee

Quote from: GR1X7S on Aug 17, 2020, 03:15 AM
What they're doing with this is brilliant when you think about the fact that they have an album out next month and they need to get people talking and build some buzz in such a short time. It's working..
Yeah, I'm really liking how they're hyping it up. Im sure they're gonna drop more cryptic messages inside spotify throughout the week

GR1X7S

It also gives the impression the band are  super confident with this new material and want as many people to hear it as possible

RaptureWS

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to see the stuff on Spotify from a PC? I've tried everything and I can't find a way to find those graphics/GIFs. I saw it on my fiances phone but I cant find anywhere to see it on PC. Please help lol

theataraxian

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 17, 2020, 04:05 AM
Can someone please tell me if it's possible to see the stuff on Spotify from a PC? I've tried everything and I can't find a way to find those graphics/GIFs. I saw it on my fiances phone but I cant find anywhere to see it on PC. Please help lol

I can't find a way to watch them on PC either through the web player or the desktop app. I'm a bit frustrated with it as well, my iOS app is up to date but I can't see them on my phone even, but my wife can get them on her phone. Go figure.
death is the standard breach for a complex prize

RaptureWS

Quote from: theataraxian on Aug 17, 2020, 04:31 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 17, 2020, 04:05 AM

I can't find a way to watch them on PC either through the web player or the desktop app. I'm a bit frustrated with it as well, my iOS app is up to date but I can't see them on my phone even, but my wife can get them on her phone. Go figure.

Well at least it's not just me. I *really* need to record that loop of images during One Weak and save it so I can go through it and see what I can find. Maybe the universe is telling me to just be done for the day.

I got a free Steam key for a new indie game called Dreamscaper. Guess I'll go try that out.

RaptureWS

I can't believe more people haven't jumped on all this. The band tweets "No you will never find me", then has a flashing image in that song. They are taunting us and inviting us to dig into a mystery. I doubt they would hide anything huge behind these mysteries but I am *certain* their is something to be found. Some artwork, images, song clips....something.

What would be the point of tweeting those exact words and then adding strange content to that exact song, just for there to be nothing to find? At minimum there are some hidden Easter Eggs in all these clues.

Help me out here guys. Let's see what we get tomorrow and work on this! Unless Tokyo comes here and directly states "There is no hidden mystery, just take it at face value" then I'm going to dig for clues. Personally I think the band expected more people to get in on this. Instead everyone is just like "Oh cool some cryptic shit. Wonder what it means? Probably nothing" Have some fun y'all! lol

Penicks

it's deftones, slowly revealing an image through a couple of dots is as cryptic as they're gonna get

There Will Be Blood