Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 23, 2020, 01:08 PM
It has, your Sloganizer throws me way back.  ;D

I'm okay! Been in London for a couple years. What about you? All I remember is you were in Asia.

Ha ha, yeah, a testimony of how internet used to be for the newer generations lol !

And yeah, I'm still in Hong Kong, it's been 13 years now........ Damn time flies...
You're good in London ? What do you do there ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

stu_101

Hi all, it's been a while.
Interesting to see on IG, Deftones main PR guru in LA this week, meeting Warner creative director Frank Maddocks. Things are starting to take shape.

Inkblades

^ Good catch. We're getting close.

www.instagram.com/p/B8AWKIVggUo

Sicario

Very great catch. And thanks for the link Inkblades. Shouldn't be too long now.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

LG95

Summer tour with Gojira and Poppy. That's a new logo isn't it?

I could float here forever

defsteve

Quote from: LG95 on Feb 11, 2020, 05:39 PM
Summer tour with Gojira and Poppy. That's a new logo isn't it?

Very similar to White Pony and 2001 Back To School merch, etc logo

Last 2 images from https://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com/
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

LG95

Ah good spot.

We just need some UK shows now mate. With the album announcement obviously.

defsteve

Quote from: LG95 on Feb 11, 2020, 05:49 PM
Ah good spot.

Yeah. Nice gap after Porto.

Gaz

Quote from: defsteve on Feb 11, 2020, 05:57 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Feb 11, 2020, 05:49 PM
Ah good spot.

Yeah. Nice gap after Porto.

Fingers crossed

LG95

So with that tour, new logo and new social media profile picture (even if it is from KNY era I think), the album announcement has to be very close now surely.

Inkblades

Quote from: LG95 on Feb 11, 2020, 06:06 PM
So with that tour, new logo and new social media profile picture (even if it is from KNY era I think), the album announcement has to be very close now surely.

Two more hours.

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 12, 2020, 02:21 AM

Two more hours.

Inkblades

Deftones at the Beale Street Music Fest on May 1st:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8elroFh4U_/

The mini-US run in early May makes me think...that's right around when the album will drop?

defsteve

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 12, 2020, 09:13 PM
Deftones at the Beale Street Music Fest on May 1st:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8elroFh4U_/

The mini-US run in early May makes me think...that's right around when the album will drop?

New song before Australia/New Zealand and new album in April before rest of dates would be my guess.

Inkblades

That seems about right. Next Friday is my birthday, so hoping for a single and official album announcement next week!

kurtone

I think if they were going to announce anything they would have done it with the tour announcement. Also the fact they're using old pictures probably means they haven't taken pics for new album promos. My guess is we get a song within the next couple months. An official single this summer and a fall release for the album. Maybe late summer at the earliest.

gwenudo

Two more hours.

I missed this. This was a good joke from back then lol. Havnt logged in to the forums in awhile, so glad to be back again for another year of deftones. New (old) logo is back, got my tickets for september too, new music is inbound i can feel it! Just gotta wait 2 more hours!
Was it like it seemed?...

plagasx

Two more hours.

I've always wanted to know, whats the story behind this joke?

Vesanic

I'll tell you something, I don't even remember. I think someone kept saying "two more hours" when we were waiting for a release or an announcement, and it rolled on from there...

kurtone

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 16, 2020, 03:32 AM
I'll tell you something, I don't even remember. I think someone kept saying "two more hours" when we were waiting for a release or an announcement, and it rolled on from there...

Wasn't it right before SNW? I remember some guy claiming he had found it but it was downloading really slow and kept giving time frame updates of when the download would finish.