Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

LG95

Lol I'm afraid you haven't cracked shit. That site creates music out of any picture.
I could float here forever

Yossarian

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 14, 2020, 08:44 PM

It's not a barcode. Found the word 'Teaser' in various places. I think this will be a slow rollout.

Yeah, it's a Deftones thing to rollout album covers on their site over the course of few days. Hopefully nest week this time it'll all be clear and we will all know Black Stallions artwork in its glory ;)
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 14, 2020, 09:10 PM
Lol I'm afraid you haven't cracked shit. That site creates music out of any picture.

I just put another random picture and it was not composed right like the mystery image song was.

Vesanic

LG95: In case you're not trolling, "That site creates music out of any picture" is pretty much... the point of the website.

Some people do think it's a coincidence though.

sharinglungs

I dunno if anyone has been digging into the files on the site, but it seems like at some point they're going to have a countdown to the album release?

and a no shit moment.. but it looks like we're getting a complete website overhaul as well whenever it goes live.

Gaz

Who cares, the hype is at BOILING POINT!

nicklav

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 14, 2020, 09:20 PM
I dunno if anyone has been digging into the files on the site, but it seems like at some point they're going to have a countdown to the album release?

I saw a reference to a js library with that name, yes. That's what made me believe the image is one of many layers.

ghostofemilydickinson

I know absolute NOTHING about website development, coding etc. Like ZERO.

Someone tell me...when you Select All on the current homepage, what's the black box in the bottom right corner. Am I over-stretching or does it look the same size as a traditional media player screen / default YouTube viewer size?

Inkblades

"Haha let's upload a picture of dots onto our site, it will drive those nerds at SharingLungs insane." - Deftones

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 14, 2020, 09:22 PM
"Haha let's upload a picture of dots onto our site, it will drive those nerds at SharingLungs insane." - Deftones

😂😂😂

LG95

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 09:16 PM
LG95: In case you're not trolling, "That site creates music out of any picture" is pretty much... the point of the website.

Some people do think it's a coincidence though.
That's what I was saying.

Unless I've massively confused what point was being made before.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

N0S3BLEED976

Its hard to believe the site remains on lockdown for a whole week, just adding layers until it depicts a full album artwork. I don't think they'll make the access to their merchandise or ticket shop unavailable for that long. It's coming today

sharinglungs

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 14, 2020, 09:27 PM
Its hard to believe the site remains on lockdown for a whole week, just adding layers until it depicts a full album artwork. I don't think they'll make the access to their merchandise or ticket shop unavailable for that long. It's coming today

I hope so man...

Also I see tokyodrifter lurking... he's probably laughing his ass off...

Digaums

nicklav

Yes, September 2025. We know! 5 more years!

Vesanic

What if you invert that image and then convert it to midi?

nicklav

Inkblades

I think the people talking about the image changing or being added to each day are definitely on the right track. This is the home stretch, fellas.