Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping_Giant

Newbie question -> what's that behind Abe ? What is he about to do with that ? :o

kurtone

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 22, 2020, 12:22 AM
Newbie question -> what's that behind Abe ? What is he about to do with that ? :o

Bang a gong

lungdamage

It's 30" Zildjian hand hammered gong. For hitting.

976-EVIL

And that's a giant Waffle behind him!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 22, 2020, 01:24 AM
And that's a giant Waffle behind him!

That was my first thought ,but thanks for putting me right :D

Vesanic

Quote from: leatherz on Aug 21, 2020, 09:30 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 09:15 PM
Nobody here has heard the entire album.

Well I wouldn't say that. We never know.

I'm talking about most usual members. Maybe some insiders or friends to the band who happened to join here got a taste. My point is that the full album has not leaked.

kleptoned

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 22, 2020, 01:43 AM
Quote from: leatherz on Aug 21, 2020, 09:30 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 09:15 PM
Nobody here has heard the entire album.

Well I wouldn't say that. We never know.

I'm talking about most usual members. Maybe some insiders or friends to the band who happened to join here got a taste. My point is that the full album has not leaked.
2 more hours we can hear it?

Draken

I only heard a snippet of one song that has a lyric involving "picture perfect strange" or something along those lines. I only listened to confirm it wasn't BS because I want virgin ears for the album release on 9/25. Of course I'll listen to any officially released stuff.

A question for the ones who heard the leaks: were they named at all? I suspect the next single will be this song.

E-Money

Ohms  it's probably my favorite chino chorus of the Sergio era...  i've had that damn thing stuck in my head all day long. It's so innocent and beautiful sounding. I love it. I'm really hoping for more singing like this and less screaming this time around. It's not that I don't like screaming. Or yelling. Or whatever.  I just don't want those terrible vocal effects that were used on Gore .  Some of those effects and filters were Not really my cup of tea.

Vesanic

@draken They weren't cause they didn't leak as files. They were ID'd eventually, and the names that were found check out.

E-Money

I can't wait to hear the one where he sings "Balance Balance Balance " and  "We're miles beyond the sound " that ending to that one is so beautiful. The way it peaks with those soft lyrics. I've only heard it in crappy quality but that one to me sounds like pure Deftones. Really heavy and then absolutely soaring beauty. I can't wait to find out which track that one is. I'm going to guess it's towards the end of the record. But who knows.

E-Money

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 22, 2020, 02:45 AM
I can't wait to hear the one where he sings "Balance Balance Balance " and  "We're miles beyond the sound " that ending to that one is so beautiful. The way it peaks with those soft lyrics. I've only heard it in crappy quality but that one to me sounds like pure Deftones. Really heavy and then absolutely soaring beauty. I can't wait to find out which track that one is. I'm going to guess it's towards the end of the record. But who knows.

Someone Pm me if you know the name of that track. I've only heard that one and one other and won't listen to anymore. Wish I didn't even listen to these but couldn't help my self. My Deftones self control is pathetic 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔🤦🏻‍♂️

Far away

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 21, 2020, 08:26 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 08:01 PM
Off topic but listening to Ohms over and over made me want to listen to Hexagram. It's kinda pointless to compare records, I just don't think this one will top the S/T for me. We shall see

Wow same here, I had to return to S/T and SNW today. It made me sad, because somwhere deep inside I had a feeling that they will never release anything better (for me) than S/T, WP or SNW :( I wish I'm wrong this time.

BTW I'm wondering if we will get one more single before 9/25.

Personally I would prefer to get whole record without any more singles. It can ruin the expectations for whole record :D

In a 10 track record, I'd rather not. 2 out of 10 is too much, imo!

all3n_y

I just hope there's a song on the album that sounds similar to Sextape / Digital Bath. I can do without so much screaming. I want more crooning and soaring vocals.

E-Money

Quote from: all3n_y on Aug 22, 2020, 03:15 AM
I just hope there's a song on the album that sounds similar to Sextape / Digital Bath. I can do without so much screaming. I want more crooning and soaring vocals.

I absolutely bro. I want chinos beautiful voice to really shine. And it really does on this song. Which is so great.

all3n_y

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 22, 2020, 03:32 AM

I absolutely bro. I want chinos beautiful voice to really shine. And it really does on this song. Which is so great.

I haven't listened to the single. I'm gonna try REALLY hard to hold out and wait for the album. We'll see how that goes lol.

E-Money

Quote from: all3n_y on Aug 22, 2020, 04:09 AM

I haven't listened to the single. I'm gonna try REALLY hard to hold out and wait for the album. We'll see how that goes lol.

Well good luck to you! I wish I had that self-control in me LOL.

Does anybody know if there are any songs over 5 to 6 minutes long?

Pink_Sands

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 22, 2020, 04:47 AM
Quote from: all3n_y on Aug 22, 2020, 04:09 AM

Well good luck to you! I wish I had that self-control in me LOL.

Does anybody know if there are any songs over 5 to 6 minutes long?

There's a few over five minutes. None that hit the six minute mark. The average song is about four and a half minutes though.

xtalaphextwin

Quote from: Draken on Aug 20, 2020, 07:23 PM
The new track is amazing. Terry mothafuckin' Date is back on the team, thank god.  Chino's vocals float PERFECTLY in the mix. That was the biggest problem I had with Gore, his voice just seemed on top of everything rather than being like another instrument in the mix. I'm getting some Smashing Pumpkins vibes as well. Did anyone see Chino perform with them? That was awesome.

It's kinda weird though how the first single is the album closer... not complaining however.

this guy is 100% right, this was my biggest issue too. vocals sound GREAT on the new song, sounds like something from the Terry Date era albums, vocally.  when KNY came out, i thought it was a good album as far as songs (same with DE) but the vocals were so prominent on all the other albums that weren't produced by Terry Date (save for SNW, but that was a clusterfuck of producers apparently)

But, yes, vocals sound great, super well mixed in. He has that older croon that was his trademark, imo. I remember an interview, abe saying that they got back some of the hallmark things of their sound that they had with Terry, I think this is some of what he was talking about.

Also shout out to the drum mix, so crisp. this is like digital bath levels of crisp.

976-EVIL

Terry Date's Ears should be insured by Lloyd's of London...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.