Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imbrie

This feels like the calm before the storm.

Vesanic

Draken

Will it be beach related tho? (internet sarcasm)

Inkblades

I see 46:17 as the runtime on Qobuz but when I add up the track times I get 44:17. What's going on here? Hidden track?

Hidalgo

this month wait is gonna drag. but really, i can't believe they were right when they said sept. a lot of times they're 2 months off in the past

LG95

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 23, 2020, 07:34 PM
I see 46:17 as the runtime on Qobuz but when I add up the track times I get 44:17. What's going on here? Hidden track?
No I think you're just crap at maths.
I could float here forever

976-EVIL

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 23, 2020, 07:56 PM

Math is a Dick...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Inkblades

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 23, 2020, 07:56 PM

Lol I blame Google's calculator. I see where I went wrong. Sorry for the false alarm.

E-Money

I was so worried about Steph and the 9 string.. just didn't want to hear chugga for the whole record. Not that the last 3 have been only that but I just haven't been as impressed with him since we lost Chi. I love his playing on Ohms. It's an upbeat jam. Good for Steph. 😎🙌🏻

xtalaphextwin

i liked a lot of 2003 stuff on the DeftonesLive channel because it seems a lot of that era was missing for some reason for a long time.

nicklav

Quote from: xtalaphextwin on Aug 23, 2020, 10:07 PM
i liked a lot of 2003 stuff on the DeftonesLive channel because it seems a lot of that era was missing for some reason for a long time.

It's some of the best live stuff they've ever done. I watch them over and over again.

RaptureWS

How long is Spell of Mathematics?
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 23, 2020, 11:19 PM
How long is Spell of Mathematics?

Wikipedia says it's 5.27. Rumor says this song is so epic, that it will blow our heads away. Can't wait.

Big Boss

So some people heard 6 songs and I believe Ohms would be the 7th? So theoretically you've only got 3, maybe 4 songs you haven't heard. Without spoiling anything since I know we aren't about that here. Have you heard enough yet to say the songs are better overall than Gore? Equal? Worse? Or can't say since they haven't been heard in context and you're missing a few? I just want this album to be worth the wait! It's been so long. At least for me it has been.

Vesanic

sharinglungs

different indeed...

can I describe specific songs? Or no?... if not i'll just say... I think The Spell of Mathematics is going to be a song that grows on you and after this album cycle, it'll probably be a fan favorite.

also.... gahhh why does Chino go live on Mixlr so damn late ! Lol ;);)

Big Boss

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 24, 2020, 04:17 AM
It's different  ;)

That's a shifty response man! But probably a fair one. I just can't figure out why he'd share 6 songs. SIX! From an upcoming album of only 10. That's really just insane to me. Aren't y'all disappointed? There's barely any album left to enjoy or be curious about. Not trying to be a dick at all. But in all honesty, aren't any of  you disappointed?

Prty

Fantano really enjoyed Ohms. Thats cool.  He just highlighted it in his best tracks of the week and gave a pretty glowing summary.

Formant

Quote from: Prty on Aug 24, 2020, 06:52 AM
Fantano really enjoyed Ohms. Thats cool.  He just highlighted it in his best tracks of the week and gave a pretty glowing summary.

He seems to really enjoy the return of Terry Date's production. It'd be interesting for him to flip on his opinion on current Deftones with the new album. I guess we'll see...

Although of course the only important thing is if you yourself like it. It's just cool to see Deftones coming back big time from Gore, both from the fans and the critics like Fantano.

Prty

Yeah of course, I'd made up my mind already on liking Ohms but I'm a big music fan when it comes to a range of genres and a massive youtube consumer so obviously I dig his stuff, thought it was cool to see him high on my favourite band.  The Date production really is just great so far. Plus there was like a whole page of fantano memes in the ohms pre release thread so thought it could do a mention here haha.