Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Anyone else seeing this when they go to Deftones.com?

imbrie

sharinglungs

Seems like they're maybe doing more teases? It's probably nothing, but funny that the website was just down and came back up with this white bar.

imbrie

Yeah maybe. I certainly can't make anything from it though!

Inkblades

I would definitely think they'll start teasing again for Genesis. I mean, it's certainly a song good enough to tease for a week.

SMLiberator

Quote from: mandalay on Sep 09, 2020, 09:30 PM
Wasn't that the same band that titled a song "Romantic Dreams."

in all honesty, what's wrong with that title? I always felt like it fit the album aesthetic nicely (and tbh if I had to name KNY after a song that would probably be it)
i'm confused??

sharinglungs

Well the website was taken down and directed to the "not authorized" page, so whatever they're doing is intentional.

Maybe a teaser for Genesis on Friday?

Inkblades

I still get the crossed out Deftones font when I go to deftones.com. Interestingly, when I go to deftones.com/ohms, it says I am not authorized.

sharinglungs

Yep sounds like they're working on the site for another teaser like we got for ohms

buflen

Just look like an incompetent dev team to me.

sharinglungs

I don't think it's incompetence, they've probably got a very skilled team of web developers that work for them.

Taking down an entire page, is no accident, taking down 2 pages, and making physical changes, also no accident.

We'll just have to see what comes of it.

buflen

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 10, 2020, 12:02 AM
I don't think it's incompetence, they've probably got a very skilled team of web developers that work for them.

Taking down an entire page, is no accident, taking down 2 pages, and making physical changes, also no accident.

We'll just have to see what comes of it.
Really, it's broken html and css. and their website never looked super professional to me.
Its current state is all messed up.

Jdubzor

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 09, 2020, 10:14 PM
Well the website was taken down and directed to the "not authorized" page, so whatever they're doing is intentional.

Maybe a teaser for Genesis on Friday?

Maybe teasing "this link is dead" heh.

plagasx

Not sure if you guys saw this yet. New song next week confirmed!

https://youtu.be/wZ0xBXqb8Ek

punkflop01

Quote from: plagasx on Sep 10, 2020, 04:31 AM

Nice find ! Was good hearing him ask about a lot of things I've been wondering about in terms of the roll out of this new album. 

Iwazaru

Quote from: SMLiberator on Sep 09, 2020, 10:13 PM

in all honesty, what's wrong with that title? I always felt like it fit the album aesthetic nicely (and tbh if I had to name KNY after a song that would probably be it)
I never had a problem with that title like some do. It sounds like an unrequited love that turned into a creepy obsession. Not my favorite song but I can more or less see why it's there.

sharinglungs

I can't wait for Stephen to start his YouTube channel!

Draken

Not just a new song but also a video for it as well! The interview was posted a little earlier in another thread. Not much talk about the album but there was some good stuff in there, he says the songs blend into one another and that the beginning of Ohms title track is the ending outro of the previous track, which would be Headless.

Quote from: punkflop01 on Sep 10, 2020, 05:54 AM
Quote from: plagasx on Sep 10, 2020, 04:31 AM

Nice find ! Was good hearing him ask about a lot of things I've been wondering about in terms of the roll out of this new album.

mandalay

Quote from: SMLiberator on Sep 09, 2020, 10:13 PM

It's incredibly pedestrian.  The magic about Deftones was always avoiding just that.  Taking a simple concept and obscuring it in shadows and layers.  Not hitting you over the head with whatever the idea is.  And not using trite, commonplace phrases.  The title "Romantic Dreams" is not up to that standard in any way. 

Divided_Spirit

It's incredibly pedestrian.  The magic about Deftones was always avoiding just that.  Taking a simple concept and obscuring it in shadows and layers.  Not hitting you over the head with whatever the idea is.  And not using trite, commonplace phrases.  The title "Romantic Dreams" is not up to that standard in any way.
The audacity of a random "fan" dictating what an artist should and shouldn't title THEIR art; hilarious at best, and blatant evidence of egomania at worst.