"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Moz

yeah thanks I want them

I used to have end hits, i liked that one as well

lostpilot

I don't know where should this be mentioned, but YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO had this message on their MySpace blog that they broke up.
Ooooooover.

Hold yourself when they attack,
and hold yourself,
and don't look back..
and start.

Nailec

new armor for sleep???

plzzz

theis

they may be looked upon as a guilty pleasure, but damn, i can't stop listening to Paramore.

something about that voice... can't explain it.

+ she's probably the cutest thing i've ever seen.

anyone else like them?

theis

stu

goldpony

wasnt sure where to post this, but my bloddy valentine fans in UK should be happy

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003673268
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Zevaka

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/swarm/my-bloody-valentine-reunion-confirmed/

Kevin Shields, the mercurial and elusive leader of My Bloody Valentine, confirmed that the legendary band has reunited in the studio for the first time since 1995, recorded new material, and that an album release is forthcoming, possibly as soon as this year. In an exclusive interview set to air Monday, Nov. 12 on VBS.tv, Shields speaks at length with Ian Svenonious on Soft Focus about his career and art, including some tantalizing hints about the next phase of My Bloody Valentine.

When The Daily Swarm first reported on the upcoming My Bloody Valentine reunion in August, our sources insisted on remaining anonymous, and Kevin Shields' own statements came only in the form of fans' personal encounters culled from a variety of message boards. Some accused us of rumormongering (see The My Bloody Valentine 'Reunion': Total Bullshit Or Complete and Total Bullshit?), but we were confident in our work and that after years of false starts and dashed hopes, one of our favorite bands of all time was truly gearing up for a return to action.

The reunion is, in fact, happening. In the Soft Focus interview – Shields' first on-the-record utterances since last year's sit-down with Magnet magazine, recorded over the summer at a London pub – he speaks, albeit briefly, about the band's return to the studio and how a new record is due sometime before the end of this year.

We were making a record in the 90s, around when the band broke up in 1995...and I continued with Belinda. We kinda made we made most of an album....It's going to be this '96/'97 record half-finished record finished, and then a compilation of stuff we did before that in 1993–94, and a little bit of new stuff.

I pretty much know what the one that's going to come out this year is going to sound like because its already pretty much 3/4's done already...it sounds like what we sounded like – different but not radically different. People will go, "Yeah, it sounds like My Bloody Valentine."

The 30 minute interview is part of the second season of Soft Focus, VBS.tv's musician interview series hosted by Ian Svenonious. Recorded entirely in London, upcoming broadcasts feature in-depth discussions with Penny Rimbaud of Crass; Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream; Billy Childish; Terry Hall of The Specials; Shaun Ryder of Happy Mondays and Graham Coxon out of Blur. The season premiered this week with Svenonious' interview with The Fall and Von Sudenfed's Mark E. Smith.

While Shields claims a My Bloody Valentine album is due this year, he gives no indication of exactly when or how it will be released. When the group split up in 1995 they had already left Creation Records and signed a legendarily ill-fated deal with Island, but it is unlikely that the contract remains in effect after all this time. The band recently activated mybloodyvalentine.co.uk and Shields' manager confirmed the the site is being built by Debbie Goodge, the band's bass player. It is possible that the album will see an independent, Internet-only, Radiohead style release, and a release date could be announced at any time.

As for My Bloody Valentine's return to the stage and possible appearance at Coachella 2008, we have no new news to report (the subject does not come up in the Soft Focus interview). According to sources close to the band and the festival, discussions are ongoing and no final decisions have yet been made.

Mascara Snake

As much as i love MBV, this shit is funny as hell!

'But while a lot of people will be excited by this news, Alan McGee - whose label Creation they nearly bankrupt recording Loveless -still maintains they're not that good:

"It was a joke, the whole thing from day one. The songwriting was abonimable, basically they used to make an 8 minute noise and people used to call it art, when basically it was just bad rock music."'

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

bebo

goldpony

Quote from: Mascara Snake on Nov 17, 2007, 09:35 AM
As much as i love MBV, this shit is funny as hell!

'But while a lot of people will be excited by this news, Alan McGee - whose label Creation they nearly bankrupt recording Loveless -still maintains they're not that good:

"It was a joke, the whole thing from day one. The songwriting was abonimable, basically they used to make an 8 minute noise and people used to call it art, when basically it was just bad rock music."'

that sounds like melvins haha
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bebo

What are the essential ablums of this genre?

theis

Quote from: bebo on Nov 19, 2007, 11:34 PM
What are the essential ablums of this genre?

death cab for cutie - transatlanticism
at the drive-in - relationship of command
sunny day real estate - diary

Zevaka

Modest Mouse - The Moon Antarctica

bebo

Quote from: Zevaka on Nov 20, 2007, 05:01 PM
Modest Mouse - The Moon Antarctica

I have that actually, pretty awesome album. 0.o

stu

this genre is largely defined by mediocrity
that being said some albums that have shaped this mediocrity are:

modest mouse:the lonesome crowded west
pavement:crooked rain, crooked rain
neutral milk hotel:in the aeroplane over the sea
the pixies:surfer rosa
cap'n jazz

theis

Quote from: stu on Nov 23, 2007, 05:29 PM

neutral milk hotel:in the aeroplane over the sea

lolz

ben

I hope you're not laughing because you don't like one of the best albums ever.