Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

Quote from: BigDave on Feb 18, 2006, 07:28 PM
Quote from: Assassin on Feb 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
I was thinking of going to see Munich. What was disappointing about it?

the film didn't seem to have any direction and it was overly long.  and make sure you watch requiem for a dream a.s.a.p., it's stunning.

as is city of god.

watching raging bull tonight with my pop.

Requiem seems so long but is only an hour and a half. The last half hour is that annoying song, lol.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Corleone on Feb 18, 2006, 07:46 PM

Requiem seems so long but is only an hour and a half. The last half hour is that annoying song, lol.

DeftonesATF27

Im currently watching Teenage Ninja Tirds.

Assassin

Well I decided to take the risk of installing LimeWire and so far I've downloaded 30% of Requiem for a Dream.

ChickdelaLynch

I saw two movies about two writers that have made literature history.

One of the movies was Sylvia. For a movie that Gwyneth Paltrow was dying to make, she didn't show that "great" acting of hers. I'm not a fan with her to begin with and this movie proves why. She didn't spark with me, although I could relate to much of Sylvia Plath's paranoias which scared me quite a bit. The movie was bland and I understand now why it got such bad reviews. I just saw it for the intrigue I had about Ms. Plath.

The second film I saw was Capote which was tons better. Philip Seymour Hoffman just kicks so much ass and I love him in this. I'm really split about who should get the Best Actor Oscar. I'm between Philip and Joaquin, but I'll be greatly happy if either wins.

Breach Unborn

anyone know if V for Vendetta or A History of Violence are out for rent yet? i'd really like to see both of them

BigDave

just watched monster.  it was alright.

BigDave

the directors cut of donnie darko isn't very good.

Assassin

Well I watched Requiem for a Dream today. Mixed feelings really. Powerful stuff, brilliantly shot and acted, but I just didn't see the point of it all. It seemed to be communicating the devastation that addiction to anything can cause, but I think we're all well aware of these dangers anyway so I didn't feel like it enlightened me at all.

Maybe I need to see it again - you tend to notice more upon repeat viewings.

BigDave

it took me about 3 watches to see how truly stunning the film is.

tarkil

Quote from: Assassin on Feb 21, 2006, 03:52 PMMaybe I need to see it again - you tend to notice more upon repeat viewings.

Yeah you should certainly do that... It will definitely grow on you

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

one weak

^ i know what you guys are talking about, but i tend to find more things concerning editing and sound design as i watch it more and more. i think that your perception of the story isn't going to change no matter how many times you watch it.

anyway, going to to see "Hiroshima mon Amour" and "A Page of Madness" tonight. both have crazy themes about your conscious perception and subconscious thought. should be radical.

ChickdelaLynch

I saw The Usual Suspects tonight. It was good until the end. Then it was awesome.

And another thing: I <3 Kevin Spacey.

defskull

About that movie, I felt it was a mediocre crime movie until, of course, the end.  Did that guy deserve the Oscar for best screenplay? No. Nice twist does not make an entire script good.

But Spacey, boy did he deserve it. The twist and he made the movie worth watching. He is such a badass.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: defskull on Feb 22, 2006, 04:40 AM
About that movie, I felt it was a mediocre crime movie until, of course, the end.  Did that guy deserve the Oscar for best screenplay? No. Nice twist does not make an entire script good.

Yeah, that's the same thing I thought. I had a hard time keeping my full attention on the movie. But when Kevin came on the screen I gave my full attention. He all ways puts me in a trance whenever I see him on screen.

lithium royalty

kevin smith was on the local radio station this morning talking about cheby chase calling him "hollywood", smoking pot before going to see his new film ( one he acted in, not directed, it's a cg film with john stewart a-la ice age toy story) said he just finished clerks two, and is screening it at skywalker ranch.

Malpractice

speaking of kevin smith

i think i will be going to Vulgarthon '06 this year

4th Eye

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Feb 22, 2006, 04:35 AM
I saw The Usual Suspects tonight. It was good until the end. Then it was awesome.

And another thing: I <3 Kevin Spacey.
Yeah, Spacey is brilliant. Oddly enough an other movie with an awesome ending has Spacey in it, Se7en. Both are movies in my top 10 list.

one weak

yeah i haven't watched se7en in a long time. awesome film. the opening credit sequence is so awesome.

BigDave

yea i love se7en too, it's the film that made me think brad pitt is more than a pretty boy, and that hollywood can produce some gems.