Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: defskull on Mar 07, 2006, 03:31 AM
You're not suprised? Everyone had Brokeback Mountain tagged for best picture win.  I'd say that's pretty suprising.

Surprised and disappointed. However, Philip Seymour Hoffman's win makes the Oscars better. I still think the Oscars suck.

TheProzacFairy

all movie awards suck

minus_blindfold

Well, I've been lickin' this carpet for 3 whole hours and I don't feel like a lesbian.

BigDave

watched man bites dog last night, it was excellent.

DeftonesATF27

How about Of mice and men Starring john malkovich being john malkovich? A retard, being a retard.

fireflyry

Dawn of the Dead.

Romero rules.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

tarkil

I watched Spaceballs the other day. An old school Mel Brooks movie, a sort of a star wars parody... Very very funny...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Azwethinkweiz

4th Eye

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 07, 2006, 03:16 PM
I watched Spaceballs the other day. An old school Mel Brooks movie, a sort of a star wars parody... Very very funny...
Mel Brooks has some good stuff, in addition to Spaceballs also Robin Hood: Men In Tights, History Of The World Part 1, Young Frankenstein etc...

I think I'll watch Spaceballs again soon..."We're gonna have to go to ludicrous speed!"

DeftonesATF27

Anybody here seen Jimmy Cliffs "The Harder They Come"?

hydroponic82

fgjsdltkhjdkjgkdljgdkljgdkgjd

Breach Unborn

watched Walk the Line last night. should have taken home best actor and actress....though i did not see the movie Brant won it for

one weak

it did win best actress. but yeah, i was personally in favor of Joaquin winning best actor, maybe a personal bias, but i thought his role had more to it than Hoffman's. although i give credit to Hoffman, he did a great job....just glad Heath Ledger didn't win becuase i think his career thus far has been quite shitty and it appears that Ang Lee can force anyone to act well. i mean Tobe Maguire in The Ice Storm, his best performance to date and that was years ago.

the oscars just aren't what they used to be, and Hollywood films just aren't what they used to be either so whatever.

Breach Unborn

right..i knew Reece won. i watched the last 2 hours of the Oscars. it just pisses me off that Hoffman beat Phoenix because i think of him in roles like...Red Dragon, The Big Lebowski, Boogy Nights, Along Came Polly...and he's not anything special in any of those. but, like i said, i haven't seen the movie he won for..i will have to do that.

and i personally have a bias toward Joaquin winning...i grew up listening to Johnny Cash because my dad does all the time. his performance of Johnny was amazing

one weak

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Breach Unborn on Mar 09, 2006, 09:38 PM
it just pisses me off that Hoffman beat Phoenix because i think of him in roles like...Red Dragon, The Big Lebowski, Boogy Nights, Along Came Polly...

He was awesome in Capote, but I suggest seeing Happiness and Magnolia if you haven't already. I love him in those. I love his acting and it's about time he got recognized for it.

This is the second time Phoenix has been nominated for an Oscar, so I'm not too worried about him. He'll get it.

DeftonesATF27

one weak

get outa here if you have nothing to say.

one weak

everyone should go see "Three Burials..."

directed and starring Tommy Lee Jones, which turned me off at first, but this was one of the best movies i saw this year. really an awesome film. go see it!!!