Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazzy

i watched a brazilian film called abril despedacado. utterly brilliant. the cinematography was unbelievably stunning, especially the end when the main character is walking through the field after something bad has completely gone down and the sky looks so beautiful and he gets to the ocean. then the movie ends.

but the whole story was so good. i loved all the little details and the playfulness of some scenes because it's quite a bleak movie.

plus perving on rodrigo santoro is quite nice. you know, when he's all broody and lost. i love them when they brood.

oldgentlovecraft

Saw "The Prestige" last night.  I was more impressed than I thought and even though you can figure a few things out they did a good job setting everything up.

one weak

saw Flags of Our Fathers. bleh. 30 minutes too long, and enough with war movies and flashbacks already. saving private ryan was 1000000000 times better. quite dissapointed in eastwood to tell the truth.

siL.

yes The Prestige was nicer than expected. Very good movie

Azwethinkweiz

Session 9

I watched this movie about 8 times and it still freaks me out.

This is, without a doubt, my favorite horror movie. Yeah i said it.

So simple, yet absolutely terrifying. Intelligent psychological horror when it's best.

11/10

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Oct 24, 2006, 08:51 PM
Session 9

I watched this movie about 8 times and it still freaks me out.

This is, without a doubt, my favorite horror movie. Yeah i said it.

So simple, yet absolutely terrifying. Intelligent psychological horror when it's best.

11/10

Really?  I'm impressed that someone gave an indy such a high mark.  They always get credit but are typically buried beneath the hollywood fodder and classics.  I did like that one, I wanted it to be a bit longer and darker, but the atmosphere that it created was pretty impressive.  Nice pick.

Azwethinkweiz

i dont know what it is about this movie. no matter how many times i watch it, it always gets under my skin.
especially the voice of 'simon'.

oldgentlovecraft

Gets my vote as one for all horror fans to watch.

Mazzy

i watched musa last night.

it made me think of teddy because he likes these sorts of movies. everyone died in the end. it was really depressing. the fighting was awesome though and the blood spurting out the way it was doing in the movie made me laugh.

Subliminal

^ You rarely see movies with a depressing, end of everyone type feeling at the end of it.

Well apart from that horror film Dawn of The Dead.

As morbid as it sounds, i'd actually like a film to end where everyone or the hero just plain dies for once.

Azwethinkweiz

the new texas chainsaw movie was badass.

Subliminal

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Oct 28, 2006, 01:20 PM
the new texas chainsaw movie was badass.

Was it better than the remake? I found that one cool but there wasn't much they could of done with it that would of went out of context with the old one.

Azwethinkweiz

hmm, it was definitely gorier than the remake, but i dont know if it was better. i would say that they're equally good.

feeling like more

i'm going to watch the grudge. i kind of want to watch little miss sunshine again instead though.

Azwethinkweiz

just watched mission impossible 3.
good flick, but my least favorite in the series.

6.5/10

brep

american dreamz isn't as great as i thought it would be

hydroponic82

Quote from: Mazzy on Oct 27, 2006, 05:21 AM
i watched musa last night.

it made me think of teddy because he likes these sorts of movies. everyone died in the end. it was really depressing.

haha teddys awesome

BigDave

i watched weekend yesterday.  i still don't know what to think of it, i seriously need to watch it again.

sickened

The latest movie I saw was 28 Days Later. A first horror movie in a long time and I wasn't even (that ::) ) scared. There were too much of those zombie-like people that it just wasn't scary anymore. And I feel so proud now  ;D

black coffee

click is such a stupid movie.