Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Quote from: defskull on Jun 03, 2007, 04:08 AM
Knocked Up was a cute movie.

How does Judd Apatow do it? He can make a perfect date movie and a crude sex comedy at the same time. I applaud the man.

Apatow will be the new comedy master. He's awesome.

I can't wait to see Knocked Up. Looks absolutely great!

BigDave

i thought zadiac was pretty poor, i expected more from david fincher

theis

Damn, really?

I loved every second.

sickened

Quote from: theis on May 28, 2007, 04:51 PM
Zodiac.

Wow. What an amazing movie. One of the best i've seen in a long, long time. Better than The Departed (And I friggin love The Departed).

Everything was just top notch. It never felt too long and kept me guessing along the way. Incredible performances and the mood of the movie was just great.
I saw that too. And yes, it's a good movie. People have complained that it's too long but I didn't feel bored at any point. I really loved Robert Downey Jr....And Jake Gyllenhaal of course :P

Also, the murder with the knife is probably one of the most disturbing scenes i've seen. So realistic and gritty.
True! Watching that made me feel really sick and I thought that if the whole movie is going to be like this I can't watch it.

Black Elvis

they should make a movie with owen wilson as a boxer in it, just to see what his nose would look like after his boxing career. that would be insane.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

theis

Quote from: sickened on Jun 03, 2007, 05:00 PM
Zodiac.

Wow. What an amazing movie. One of the best i've seen in a long, long time. Better than The Departed (And I friggin love The Departed).

Everything was just top notch. It never felt too long and kept me guessing along the way. Incredible performances and the mood of the movie was just great.
I saw that too. And yes, it's a good movie. People have complained that it's too long but I didn't feel bored at any point. I really loved Robert Downey Jr....And Jake Gyllenhaal of course :P

Also, the murder with the knife is probably one of the most disturbing scenes i've seen. So realistic and gritty.
True! Watching that made me feel really sick and I thought that if the whole movie is going to be like this I can't watch it.

Awesome.

theis

Lately i've watched Blood Diamond & Stranger Than Fiction.

Both were excellent!

Paint Your Lips

Blood Diamond's weakest factor is the love story. It could have been a great movie if they had just left it out.

(spoiler)
And what were they thinking when they wrote the scene where Leonardo dies?

Saw Children of Men the other day. A great movie, but the story line was kind of ... Missing, at times. All in all a cool movie, though. There's a scene that is just one take, no cutting or anything, it's like 15 minutes long and is just amazingly done.

ToneDef

I was cool with the love story in Blood Diamond because it wasn't traditional in the sense that they get together and fuck. The spark was there and a chunk of chemistry but they never actually got around to tearing each others clothes off and all out fucking. It blended well with the film I guess.

Great movie though.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 08, 2007, 05:56 AM
I was cool with the love story in Blood Diamond because it wasn't traditional in the sense that they get together and fuck. The spark was there and a chunk of chemistry but they never actually got around to tearing each others clothes off and all out fucking. It blended well with the film I guess.

Great movie though.
Dude, atleast admit the death scene is a joke?

Saw Stranger than Fiction last night with a friend, at the end of the movie we were both at the edge of our seats, nearly holding our breath, just dying the see how it ended. What an awesome movie. I recommend it to everyone.

theis

Why is the death scene a joke?

It got to me. I loved it.

And yeah, Stranger Than Fiction was excellent.

defskull

I think I'm going to see 40 Year Old Virgin again tonight. 

When Apatow/Rogen/Rudd get together, good things happen.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: theis on Jun 08, 2007, 05:03 PM
Why is the death scene a joke?
I'm just getting tired of hollywood and their always present love stories. The subject of the movie is really good. And I was looking forward to learning and experience it on the screeen, but instead of focusing on the subject, they decided to throw in a pointless love story in the midst of an already perfectly good story. That's why his death bothers me, that he dies while talking to her over the phone, it's just too corny. That scene did nothing for me, except make me shake my head with a grin.

Glad we agree on Stranger Than Fiction, though. Even the first shot in that movie is brilliant. You know, where he's brushing his teeth and the camera is "inside his mouth looking out".

Mazzy

this movie shits on donnie darko. shits one big fat plompy piece of faeces on it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0351461/

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Mazzy on Jun 09, 2007, 03:28 AM
this movie shits on donnie darko. shits one big fat plompy piece of faeces on it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0351461/
If you're right about that, then I gotta see that movie !

oldgentlovecraft

Saw the matinee of Hostel 2 yesterday and loved it.  Similar pacing to the first film but now the story follows the organization as well as the victims.  Fucking huge Eli Roth fan.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jun 09, 2007, 02:04 PM
Saw the matinee of Hostel 2 yesterday and loved it.  Similar pacing to the first film but now the story follows the organization as well as the victims.  Fucking huge Eli Roth fan.
They actually made a Hostel 2? Who would've though.

ToneDef

Haha, my mate saw it and said it's sick as fuck.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the guy from the first movie gets decapitated in the opening scene.

sing blue silver

the first hostel was bullshit. could have made an amazing movie based on the death trade but they made a shit flick that wasn't scary or disgusting at all...or maybe i'm fucked in the head but it sucked on some balls.

sing blue silver

pootie tang is where it's at.