Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

it's alright. I just am not too excited for this yet. i am really conflicted with this movie though.

it's got Christian Bale, so I'll see it, but on the otherhand I tend to dislike movies by McG. I honestly was fine with the way things ended with the trilogy
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

yeah i'm worried about McG being the director too. But who knows...he might surprise us.

Bale haven't made a terrible movie yet (yes, i liked Shaft and Reign of Fire, haha), so i'm being optimistic.

defskull

Doesn't look good.  I think I'm anti-Terminator unless James Cameron has a hand in it.

bright lights, big city

assuming this is another trilogy, i just hope it'll be better than the newest star wars trilogy. and having Christian Bale is definitely a good sign.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 05, 2008, 10:15 PM
I'm torn with it. Rome was good, and the villain in this is from the Wire (Dominic West), which another classic HBO series.

But, for some reason series' like this one and Ghost Rider and Daredevil are refused a good script by Marvel. I liked most of their comic heroes, but only a select few actually work for movies, apparently.

Also its getting shitty reviews left and right, but hey it should at least have mindless action (like Rambo, perhaps?) and maybe boobies. So I will likely see it, especially since one of my buddies is a huge Punisher fan.

here is a really good review of the movie. makes me wanna go see it (even more)
http://www.horror-fanatics.com/reviews/punisherwarzone.html

lithium

watched synecdoche, ny last night.

good film.
💩

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lithium on Dec 13, 2008, 10:28 PM

good film.
how was it? was it as good as Being John Malkovich or Adaptation?
DERP

bright lights, big city

Quote from: devlin on Dec 13, 2008, 12:07 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 05, 2008, 10:15 PM
I'm torn with it. Rome was good, and the villain in this is from the Wire (Dominic West), which another classic HBO series.

But, for some reason series' like this one and Ghost Rider and Daredevil are refused a good script by Marvel. I liked most of their comic heroes, but only a select few actually work for movies, apparently.

Also its getting shitty reviews left and right, but hey it should at least have mindless action (like Rambo, perhaps?) and maybe boobies. So I will likely see it, especially since one of my buddies is a huge Punisher fan.

here is a really good review of the movie. makes me wanna go see it (even more)
http://www.horror-fanatics.com/reviews/punisherwarzone.html
i actually just saw it last night. it was an all-around great movie experience because at this place called Hollywood Boulevard they have in the Chicago area. Basically it's a movie theater combined with a restaurant (people wait on you and bring you booze and nachos and shit).
but anyway I really pleasantly surprised. not the best movie, not the greatest script, but it just like I thought, Dominic West as Jigsaw was cool and so was Ray Stevenson as Punisher. They definitely brought the action and the gore, which was fine by me.
A great movie to get loaded or stoned and see with your good friends.
DERP

lithium

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 14, 2008, 05:31 AM
Quote from: lithium on Dec 13, 2008, 10:28 PM

good film.
how was it? was it as good as Being John Malkovich or Adaptation?
well it wasnt as funny as being john malkovich, and it was definitely better than adaptation. the character development is insane, and there are a lot of subtleties that can be interpreted many ways. theres a lot more going on than what the story leads on. 
💩

devlin

i was afraid of this. here is a review of "the day the earth stood still (2008 remake)" it gives it a terrible review. and i trust this website for my horror/sci fi news and reviews.

http://www.horror-fanatics.com/reviews/daytheearthstoodstillremake.html

defskull

Dude one look at the tv spot says a derivative Day After Tomorrow esque sci fi flick

theis

it looks horrible.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: devlin on Dec 15, 2008, 03:11 AM
i was afraid of this. here is a review of "the day the earth stood still (2008 remake)" it gives it a terrible review. and i trust this website for my horror/sci fi news and reviews.

http://www.horror-fanatics.com/reviews/daytheearthstoodstillremake.html

Lol ouch.  That's what I expected though.  I don't even see how you could've remade this in the first place. 

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Dec 15, 2008, 07:31 AM
Dude one look at the tv spot says a derivative Day After Tomorrow esque sci fi flick
i've thought the same thing when i see it
DERP

theis

I watched Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead.

it was probably the most insane movie i've ever seen.

My first words were "what...the...fuck".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462485/

goldpony

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 15, 2008, 06:56 PM
I watched Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead.

it was probably the most insane movie i've ever seen.

My first words were "what...the...fuck".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462485/

this entry from the synopsis sold me

QuoteWhat will Arbie do when the mutated toxic spirits of the Indians enter the dead carcass of the Chickens? It's POULTRYGEIST! ATTACK OF THE CHICKEN ZOMBIES!

That and the fact that ron jeremy is in it and its a Troma film
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

Romero has talked about his new "Dead" film.  About tribalism and how the survivors split on their beliefs about finding a cure and leaving the dead unharmed or killing everything.  Said it will have a lot more action like Dawn of the Dead. 

Silent Hill 2 has a confirmed director but neither the original writer or director will be involved.  The director (Gans) is busy and can't do it so the writer refused to help.

Got the new Rue Morgue and Gorezone so I'm updating lol.

bebo

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 16, 2008, 08:49 PM
Romero has talked about his new "Dead" film.  About tribalism and how the survivors split on their beliefs about finding a cure and leaving the dead unharmed or killing everything.  Said it will have a lot more action like Dawn of the Dead. 

Silent Hill 2 has a confirmed director but neither the original writer or director will be involved.  The director (Gans) is busy and can't do it so the writer refused to help.

Got the new Rue Morgue and Gorezone so I'm updating lol.

well fuck. i completely forgot about watching his recent diary of the dead, and now hes talking about a new one. I need to get up to date

devlin

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 16, 2008, 08:49 PM

i  didn't like diary at all so i hope this next one steps it up.

Penicks

Saw IV

Sucked anus.