Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

Rain is a famous Korean pop star, if I remember correctly.

defskull

I finally saw Let The Right One In this weekend.  I thought it was a really great movie.  It definitely felt less like a vampire movie and more of a love story.  It was very sweet.  I'm so glad it didn't look or feel like everything else that seems to be about vampires these days.  The vampire aspect seemed to take backseat to the characters.  Interesting how characters make a movie worthwhile. 

Still, the vampire aspects of the movie were well done.  It made the concept of a vampire seem new all over again.  The performances by the the actors that portrayed Oskar and Eli were just astounding.

One of the reasons I hadn't seen it yet was because I did not want to accidentally buy the fucked up subtitles so I rented this movie instead.  Unfortunately I found out I had rented the fucked up subtitle version by accident.  So I may have to buy this movie and fully enjoy this movie with better subtitles.  I will say though that the butchered version was still good.

nonesuch

just tried to watch miss march

worst piece of shit i have turned off after 20 min.

for some reason i tried to keep skipping forward to find funny scenes but was progressively more insulted everytime
how the hell did those two no talent, unfunny jackasses get hugh hefner and the mansion in this garbage?

I actually felt embarrassed for them
i drink your milkshake

Mikey

Quote from: nonesuch on Aug 10, 2009, 10:03 PM
just tried to watch miss march

worst piece of shit i have turned off after 20 min.

for some reason i tried to keep skipping forward to find funny scenes but was progressively more insulted everytime
how the hell did those two no talent, unfunny jackasses get hugh hefner and the mansion in this garbage?

I actually felt embarrassed for them
by funny, do you mean nude?   :D ;D

nonesuch

funny and/or nude

neither of which were discovered

my vote for worst movie of the decade
i drink your milkshake

bright lights, big city

Quote from: nonesuch on Aug 11, 2009, 03:07 PM
funny and/or nude

neither of which were discovered

my vote for worst movie of the decade
well now that you put it that way, I must see it
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Penicks

The Strangers

Started off really tense but ultimately nothing more than a subtle slasher movie. Dragged on a bit too long.

No More Sugar

watchmen but the book is better
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

ben

500 days of summer was fucking depressing

nonesuch

taking of pelham 123  -    Some good acting by travolta and washington,  but overall it just kinda dragged on,  wasn't very tense,  felt extremely "done before",  and the ending was lame

Paul Blart Mall Cop -    had its funny moments but just another sandler endorsed mopey profession comedy.   If your bored i guess its sort of worth the download (def not a rental or purchase),  but you will probably delete it immediately after viewing (as i did)
i drink your milkshake

theis

Quote from: ben on Aug 12, 2009, 04:14 PM

I wanna see this soooo bad.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: nonesuch on Aug 12, 2009, 04:26 PM
taking of pelham 123  -    Some good acting by travolta and washington,  but overall it just kinda dragged on,  wasn't very tense,  felt extremely "done before",  and the ending was lame
i laughed a lot because it was indeed done before. the original with walter mathau is so much better.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

nonesuch

Oh, so it literally was done before?  didnt know that, but either way it just feels like a rip off of so many movies

walter mathau is the man
i drink your milkshake

ben

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Aug 12, 2009, 04:34 PM
Quote from: ben on Aug 12, 2009, 04:14 PM

I wanna see this soooo bad.

not if you have a girlfriend.  Don't go if you have a girlfriend. 

defskull

I saw Sunshine last night.  Awesome movie.  I love sci-fi movies that focus on the crew of space vessels.  This and Moon were two great examples of this.  There is always a feeling of dread in these movies.

oldgentlovecraft

Finally watched There Will Be Blood.  Fucking loved it.  And the soundtrack was sick, like opera meets horror film.  Great movie. 

nonesuch

I drink your milkshake!
i drink your milkshake

oldgentlovecraft

That was such a random moment, but it was so short I don't know why it is continually quoted.  Bastard from a basket was more memorable for me.  Excellent movie though.

Mikey

yeah, the music was really creepy at times, but it fit the film perfectly..

my most memorable quote from the movie is DRAINAAGGGGEEEE!!!

theis

"I'm finished!"

So good.