Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lithium on Sep 04, 2010, 03:34 PM
Machete

Very fun popcorn action movie.
agreed, i really enjoyed it! and how awesome was Cheech Marin's character?!?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

Quote from: shine down unshy on Sep 04, 2010, 06:11 PM
Quote from: lithium on Aug 25, 2010, 03:12 PM
100 internets to who ever knows what kind of shades those are

Tom Ford sunglasses
Model: Jack
Thx
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 04, 2010, 07:06 PM
Machete

Pretty awesome, the part with the cigars was hilarious.
💩

theis

defskull

Machete

Haha what about Tom Savini's character, the hitman who has a television commercial.  I enjoyed the movie but it could have been about 20 minutes shorter.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Sep 04, 2010, 10:21 PM
Machete

Haha what about Tom Savini's character, the hitman who has a television commercial.  I enjoyed the movie but it could have been about 20 minutes shorter.
Yeah you are right about that. While a really fun movie, it basically was a film comprised of like a dozen ridiculous, hilarious, or gory scenes. But the pacing overall was good enough that whenever I felt like I was getting bored, we would see someone's head chopped off, hear a good one-liner, or see some Alba butt.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sinatra

svjchtr

I was really disappointed with Machete. It felt really clumsy and unfocused (and not in a "lol it's cool because this movie is supposed to be bad" way... just really fucking painful to watch). I spent the entire movie waiting what I assumed was a very awkward buildup to finish so that I could watch all sorts of ridiculous action, but then the movie ended without even serving up an awesome act 3 massacre. There were very few funny moments that I hadn't already seen in the red band trailer

my advice: watch the trailer again and see all the awesome parts, and save yourself the cost of the movie ticket - you won't be missing anything. stick to Piranha 3D for your schlocky gore needs

defskull

Yeah I thought the last action sequence was too much with absolutely no focus, which is disappointing because Robert Rodriguez has had some pretty fun 3rd act action sequences before like the one in Desperado.

blixa

i watched i, psychopath last night. wow. i'm pretty sure ian walker suffered post-traumatic stress hahaha. imagine what happened off-camera.

blixa

theis

Quote from: blixa on Sep 09, 2010, 03:34 PM

i'm watching it this thursday. really excited!

I actually really wanna see this too.

Judging from the new pics of Joaquin, from the film premiere, he's all clean shaven and cut his hair and reportedly behaving normal, it's obviously a mockumentary.

blixa

Quote from: theis on Sep 09, 2010, 03:53 PM

I actually really wanna see this too.

Judging from the new pics of Joaquin, from the film premiere, he's all clean shaven and cut his hair and reportedly behaving normal, it's obviously a mockumentary.

supposedly there is a scene where he's sleeping and someone defecates on him. irregardless of whether it's a hoax or not, it's still captivating.

do you have the pictures? i heard he didn't walk the red carpet at the venice film festival and that he was a no-show.

blixa

don't worry. i found them.

i prefered him with the beard haha.

theis

He looks fucking cool in that pic though.

Suave motherfucker.

Sinatra

Great actor, really wanting to see this.

blixa

Quote from: theis on Sep 09, 2010, 04:25 PM
He looks fucking cool in that pic though.

Suave motherfucker.

he's a phoenix. i expect nothing less.

occipudding

machete!  meow

blixa

chick de la lynch

I haven't watched too many films this summer simply because I just haven't been in the mood. That, and not having money has something to do with it, too (I'm one of the few losers in the world who STILL hasn't seen Inception). I discussed this with my brother earlier this evening, and realized that I haven't seen a good film in a while. It's a "dry spell" which I hope to get over really soon.

I watched Kissed last week. Necrophilia is a sensitive subject just because it's so taboo. I think the writer and director wanted to make controversy, but copped out. At times, this film was ridiculous, and with a subject like necrophilia it's really easy to make it into a cheap joke, which at times happened. We got a slight background into the character, and we knew she was fascinated with death. However, the audience never finds out how she became fascinated with death, which would lead to necrophilia. The movie should have at least spent some time on that part of the character, which I think is more interesting than her having sex with dead corpses. Overall, this film was mediocre at best. I think if you're going to deal with a controversial subject, you shouldn't be afraid to tackle it down and show something interesting. It seems as if the director was afraid to go there, and the proof is in the final product.