Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on May 16, 2011, 06:55 AM
watched eden lake last night. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ENDING??? made me so fucking angry.
I totally agree. I normally say I don't want some lame Hollywood happy ending, but goddamn that ending pissed me off. I just wanted SOMETHING to go right in the end.
At least we got to see Michael F. Assbender. That dude is awesome.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i love fassbender! can't wait to see him in jane eyre. his character was so lame in the film. i was screaming for him to slap brett in the face with his dick. i found it highly unplausible that the other characters were so easily bullied into doing the horrible things they did by brett, who was brilliantly played by o'connell. and the parents! argghhhh. i wanted to slap all of them. there was no break from the horrible things that kept happening.

i also loved that most of the young people that were doing the terrorising were all in shane meadows' films. super.

blixa

just watched letters to father jaakob. cried my eyes out. i loved how reserved the character of leila is and how breathtaking father jaakob was. it wasn't long enough.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

dude, father jaakob was an old blind priest. you stop talking like that about him!

Penicks

lukas989

Tell him/her well done - and if ever filiming in Scotland to give me a tinkle if he/she needs actors.  I have no experience to speak of - but I believe Im good.  Maybe thats just arrogance...either way worth a bash.

Penicks

okay i'll tell him that lukas989 from the internet said he did a good job

lukas989

Also tell him theres a lot to be said for high school movies from the eighties.  He could do a lot worse than checking out the likes of Lucas or The Breakfast Club for inspirational movie-making.

Penicks

blixa

jehovah's witness is such an insular religion. they are borderline cultish but it was incredible seeing the extent of some people's faith. this was a very good movie. trans-religion romances fascinate me. there was one scene that totally pissed me off. it was the part where three older male elders questioned the main character, who was a 17 year old female, about how far she'd gone with her non-believer boyfriend. NO, IT IS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS ASKING IF HE TOUCHED HER BREASTS AND VAJ. and the whole concept of shunning and expelling people is mind boggling. there is not one instance in the bible where jesus shunned anyone. if anything, he embraced the people who were shunned by the religious authorities in his day. you'd think a church claiming to be the true church would be more consistent with jesus' example (he did, after all, save an adulterous woman from being stoned to death!).

this whole film just made me think in a way i liked.

blixa

theis

blixa

Quote from: theis on May 25, 2011, 05:43 PM
Quote from: blixa on May 25, 2011, 02:19 PM
oh, denmark. you constantly impress me.

What did you watch?

world's apart. every time i watch something from denmark i'm rarely disappointed.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Battle Los Angeles (2011)

Sooooooooooo bad

4 out of 10

blixa

watched the broken, which surprisingly i didn't like. it was kind of scary but i was disappointed with the ending. i was disappointed that there wasn't a premise because it was one of those movies where i wanted there to be a reason for the central theme of the film.

i'm a sucker for lena headey though.

bright lights, big city

DERP

blixa

bright lights, big city

yes that's true, even though i did laugh when her character got cracked in the face in Game of Thrones. Her character is just so despicable!
DERP