Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gee

Come on Quantum of Solace wasnt that bad. Completely uninteresting especially compared to the previous one, but still above the level of the average Brosnan-bond-movie (The World Is Not Enough, Die Another Day, give me a break!). I did like the way Brosnan played the character, but I just think he was taking part in the wrong sequence of the saga -no.more.ideas.

Eager to see Skyfall. Sam Mendes directing, Bardem as the bad guy, wow.  8)
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

N0S3BLEED976

The Shining:

I absolutely loved the technical perfection, the eerie score and Nicholson's performance.

Had some unintenionally funny moments, though. Especially the ending  ;)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Gee on Oct 05, 2012, 01:17 PM
Come on Quantum of Solace wasnt that bad. Completely uninteresting especially compared to the previous one, but still above the level of the average Brosnan-bond-movie (The World Is Not Enough, Die Another Day, give me a break!). I did like the way Brosnan played the character, but I just think he was taking part in the wrong sequence of the saga -no.more.ideas.

Eager to see Skyfall. Sam Mendes directing, Bardem as the bad guy, wow.  8)
QoS was a PoS (like what I did there?), but yeah Die Another Day was atrocious. One of the worst of franchise. But just like the average woman in her 50s, I think Brosnan was the epitome of Bond - and made your panties moist.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Oct 05, 2012, 01:45 PM
The Shining:

I absolutely loved the technical perfection, the eerie score and Nicholson's performance.

Had some unintenionally funny moments, though. Especially the ending  ;)

I watched The Shining many, many years after watching The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes, so a lot of it was funny for me. But also scary. One of my favorite Kubrick films.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Taken 2

8/10

Neeson keeps killing all!He has killed wolves,terrorists and kidnappers!I hope for a sequel to The Gray and Taken 2 :D

dictatesofreason

NicholasHume

Sound of my Voice - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748207/ - sort of interesting, abstract, but not enough meat to the story. 6/10

chick de la lynch

Just got back from seeing Looper. Seeing Joseph Gordon-Levitt look and sound like Bruce Willis was creepy, but I enjoyed the film. It had a lot of layers to it that got me thinking about the past and the future and the whole "Would you go back in time and kill Hitler?" I think the way the film ended was appropriate and if it ended any other way it would have just ruined the film for me. The only thing that irritated me was the narration in the beginning of the film. I get Rian Johnson loves film noir, but I felt it didn't really do much for the plot. I think it would have been a lot powerful if the images just told the story, rather than a voice over.

theis

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Anyone saw Paranormal Activity 4? It has 4.5 out of 10

samson simpson

right on

missed snipes with the new jack rodman flattop though

epistaxis

Blue Velvet, finally.

Well what's there to say: it's Lynch, letting you feel uneasy and confused. Although Mullholland Dr. gave me a stronger 'wtf the fuck did I just see' vibe.

Visitant

Quote from: epistaxis on Oct 19, 2012, 09:51 PM
Blue Velvet, finally.

Well what's there to say: it's Lynch, letting you feel uneasy and confused. Although Mullholland Dr. gave me a stronger 'wtf the fuck did I just saw' vibe.

Blue Velvet is one of my fav. films of all time.  You want a "Wtf did I just see" vibe, go with Eraserhead and if you can get through it, Inland Empire.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

epistaxis

Eraserhead is next on my list. I've seen Inland Empire a year or 2 ago, but couldn't sit through the whole thing.
The shorts he made early in his career are pretty interesting too, I like 'The Alphabet'.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I heard that there is gonna be a remake of the classic movie Carrie? O_o

Visitant

Quote from: epistaxis on Oct 19, 2012, 10:16 PM
Eraserhead is next on my list. I've seen Inland Empire a year or 2 ago, but couldn't sit through the whole thing.
The shorts he made early in his career are pretty interesting too, I like 'The Alphabet'.

Eraserhead is beyond a classic.  And yeah, Inland Empire is hard to get through.  I'm a fan of pretty much everything David Lynch including the shorts.  Rad stuff in there.  'The Grandmother' is probably my fav.

Also, the Twin Peaks TV series is probably the best thing ever put to screen.

Visitant

theis

Quote from: epistaxis on Oct 19, 2012, 10:16 PM

Watch Lost Highway!

Mustang

Just watched "Safety Not Guaranteed". Pretty fun and heartfelt movie.

wheresmysnare