Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Came from my parents' dinner and saw Sinister and I thought it was pretty fucking good
Gonna look if the details on the movie are true or kinda true

Sinister 8/10

bright lights, big city

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Nov 23, 2012, 07:29 AM
Came from my parents' dinner and saw Sinister and I thought it was pretty fucking good
Gonna look if the details on the movie are true or kinda true

Sinister 8/10
I saw it  too, and was pleasantly surprised. It was more about his investigation than I though going in to the movie, but I thought that was good. Ending kind of came up fast though. And for the love of god, was the power out every night at his house? It was literally so damn dark the whole time.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

theis

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning - 7/10

I liked Regeneration a little more, but this was a solid installment.

The fights were just BRUTAL (especially the final one) and it had a pretty disturbing atmosphere.

Scott Adkins is a beast.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I saw again End Of Watch and since I was kinda drunk last night,I got kinda lost in some parts but I saw it tonight with my GF and holy fuck this movie is really what is going on in L.A these times.Also Peña got oscar nominated for supporting role.

9/10

black coffee

nice I got the bluray rip, gonna watch it in the coming days

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Looks like new Pitt's movie is a stinker.Glad I saved my money.

Inkblades

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Dec 03, 2012, 02:21 AM

I really, really enjoyed it. It's not a movie for everyone. It's a bleak, violent and borderline nihilistic indictment of American ideals, but it is exceptionally well made and acted. It has also received generally good reviews (78% on RT), so calling it a "stinker" is off-base. It's not a commercial success, but I wouldn't expect a grungy, R-rated gangster film to be huge at the box office regardless.

EDIT: Actually, the budget of the film is fifteen million dollars, and it already made seven million at the box office. Another week in theaters and it will certainly recoup all of the money it cost to make it.

bright lights, big city

By that logic, you must have loved Twilight.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

CandyAndy

Just watched "We Need to Talk about Kevin."
Fucked up man. Movie about a definitely bad seed. That kid had some problems. Great flick though.

from_musings

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 03, 2012, 04:52 AM

Mmm no because I dont even consider that a movie.I made that comment because most of the people here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1764234/ are saying it.Now if you think I was too strong with my words,take out the first 3 words out of your gif image and there is my answer. Weird,I've never had a chat like this with you.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Dec 04, 2012, 01:07 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 03, 2012, 04:52 AM
Mmm no because I dont even consider that a movie.I made that comment because most of the people here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1764234/ are saying it.Now if you think I was too strong with my words,take out the first 3 words out of your gif image and there is my answer. Weird,I've never had a chat like this with you.
Good one. I'm just sayin' don't listen to idiots like me on the internet (especially imdb or youtube) or take what they say to heart or as truth.
DERP

theis

Watched these tonight:

Lawless - 9/10 (Great movie. Guy Pearce should get a nomination for his performance. Man... what a nasty, slimy and repulsing character.)

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - 8/10 (Sweet, sincere, heartfelt and original. Great little flick.)

Gee

Quote from: theis on Dec 04, 2012, 09:13 PM
Watched these tonight:

Lawless - 9/10 (Great movie. Guy Pearce should get a nomination for his performance. Man... what a nasty, slimy and repulsing character.)

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - 8/10 (Sweet, sincere, heartfelt and original. Great little flick.)

Lawless is the perfect example of a movie extremely well made -acting, directing, etc- but that fails to make me feel empathy for its characters. Mostly because they're all either idiots either scumbags. 7/10

The other movie you mentionned is a nice little harmless movie. Has its moments. Carell pisses me off by using the same freakin expression in every single shot of every single one of his movies. 6,5/10

I'm looking forward to see Killing Them Softly. It'll be released tomorrow in France.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

bright lights, big city

Lawless is on my list to watch soon. Didn't Nick Cave write it or something?
DERP

Gee

"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

CandyAndy

Finally watching "Hesher". Oman... XD I love this so far.

theis

Quote from: Gee on Dec 04, 2012, 10:28 PM
Quote from: theis on Dec 04, 2012, 09:13 PM
Watched these tonight:

but that fails to make me feel empathy for its characters. Mostly because they're all either idiots either scumbags. 7/10

Disagreed.

I actually cared for the brothers.

theis

Safety Not Guaranteed - 7/10

Good little flick. Surprising ending.