Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

head automatica would be cool to listen to if i were out somewhere and heard it playing. so that i could actually like the music i hear around me.. but besides that, decadence will stay in a cd case somewhere

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

indychino

Quote from: "why?"i just got the august 28th, 2005 the downtown, new york live show bootleg. anyone else have it? i think it's pretty damn good.

tracklist:

star above my bed
mu empire
ape dos mil
natural born farmer
gilette cavalcade of sports
two tabs of mescaline
siberian kiss
encore: stuck pig

Yeah I have it...props to beck for playing both guitar parts...its hard enough with two guitars

indychino

Glassjaw aren't dead. They are on a huge break...plus I heard they are having issues replacing manny

There is a huge difference in styles of HA and GlassJaw. Daryl just can't scream that much anymore

BUT you still can't mess with EYWTKAS. The ultimate breakup album

fireflyry

Quote from: "ben"But seriously, Ion Dissonance sucks.

So do emo haircuts but still, each to their own aye.

:D

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Malpractice

Quote from: "indychino"Glassjaw aren't dead. They are on a huge break...plus I heard they are having issues replacing manny

they were never thinking of replacing Manny. There wouldn't be anything to replace him for anyway it isn't like they are doing anything

why?

do. make. say. think.

ben

Quote from: "fireflyry"

do i have an emo haircut?

BigDave

Quote from: "ben"

no

fireflyry

Quote from: "ben"

No...did I imply that?I was commenting on your sig.

My point being criticising other peoples musical tastes is a tad lame is'nt it?

Music = Freedom of choice and personally I find the whole "Rubbish *insert band name* are really crap because I don't like them." to be rather close-minded.

This is a Deftones forum ain't it?

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

jv_

BigDave

ALightOn

... an unfortunate, repetitive chorus of BULLshit just to keep our hopes up? what about the other bass player from Worship & Tribute, can't remember his fucking name, I wonder if Daryl and/or Beck can remember... I think that they shit on people, fuck, then again I guess most everybody else does... ask Todd.

indychino

Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"
Quote from: "Fireal1222"certain songs stand out to me more on worship and tribute (gillete calvalcade of sports). but i like every song on EYEWTKAS and i cant say that about W&T.

plus, eyewtkas is about some girl who daryl really seems to have a hate for, so i can certainly relate
Haha, i'm the other way around. I love every single song on W&T, they all sound so good!

Where as there's only like 4-5 songs on eyewtkas that really gets to me. I freaking love Siberian Kiss!

Im the same. I love ETYWTKAS but the playing/songwriting is fucking brilliant on Worship & Tribute.

ETYWTKAS is about one chick that went out with Drayl years ago. Her name is Katey Tiger and she fucked 'round on him when they where together.

Supposedly she was in the audience at a glassjaw gig and Beck saw her and told Daryl. He supposedly ripped the shit outta her and she left crying.

But that is a rumor. This chick knows that the album is about her so why the fuck would she go to a gig!!!!

Malpractice

Quote from: "indychino"

ETYWTKAS is about one chick that went out with Drayl years ago. Her name is Katey Tiger and she fucked 'round on him when they where together.

Supposedly she was in the audience at a glassjaw gig and Beck saw her and told Daryl. He supposedly ripped the shit outta her and she left crying.

But that is a rumor. This chick knows that the album is about her so why the fuck would she go to a gig!!!!

actually the girl daryl is singing about on EYEWTKAS is Teeter (he actually has a shirt with her name on it in the inlay of EYEWTKAS). She actually has a band now and every song is about daryl lol

Katie Tiger is actually the girl daryl sings about on Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Inkblades

Can somebody repost Oxycodone? Thanks in advance.

Oldnewtype

Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"
Quote from: "Fireal1222"certain songs stand out to me more on worship and tribute (gillete calvalcade of sports). but i like every song on EYEWTKAS and i cant say that about W&T.

plus, eyewtkas is about some girl who daryl really seems to have a hate for, so i can certainly relate
Haha, i'm the other way around. I love every single song on W&T, they all sound so good!

Where as there's only like 4-5 songs on eyewtkas that really gets to me. I freaking love Siberian Kiss!

Im the same. I love ETYWTKAS but the playing/songwriting is fucking brilliant on Worship & Tribute.

wouldn't you go to a gig if someone wrote that about you?

Plus shes a girl.

indychino

Quote from: "Malpractice"

actually the girl daryl is singing about on EYEWTKAS is Teeter (he actually has a shirt with her name on it in the inlay of EYEWTKAS). She actually has a band now and every song is about daryl lol

Katie Tiger is actually the girl daryl sings about on Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Nah dude thats wrong. The famous teeter shirt was made by a fan for Daryl.

I've got it on video with Daryl saying that this next song is about his ex (Lovebites and razorlines) and that if anyone knows Katey Tiger to ask her if she still thinks about him (Daryl)

The Captain

http://www.myspace.com/hellisheartless

New Daryl project

Much like Jonah Matranga, I'm under the assumption Daryl doesn't sleep...and probably never uses the restroom...or eats, he must hust work 24/7 until he collapses and has to lay in a hospital bed for a week or 2, but even then I bet he writes.

hydroponic82

hahahahhahhaha.... i belive you.

thanks.

The Captain

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1521412/20060123/head_automatica.jhtml?headlines=true

GJ '07! haha, well at least that gives him time.

I dunno, everybody else is hating him for HA and his other projects, but I still think it's really cool, he seems to have an amazing work ethic.