Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

To pick a better album is hard, let alone picking best song.

Malpractice

Worship And Tribute is their best album no question about it but best songs is more debatable

defskull

For me, W&T is sometimes the better of the two. But then sometimes it is EYEWTKAS

marty

Quote from: Malpractice on Apr 12, 2007, 05:12 AM
Worship And Tribute is their best album no question about it but best songs is more debatable
Tough call. I like Worship for the musicmanship and the restrained aggression.

I Love EYWTKAS because it is the ultimate break-up album. Everytime I get pissed at my G/F, I put it on and think "hey, I ain't got it that bad"

I wonder how the chick who the album is about feels (Katey Tiger I think her name is)

StreetCarp1

i just seen glassjaw in decemeber at the recher theatre in towson, MD. They were pretty good.

ChickdelaLynch

Sound-wise, Worship and Tribute is better. Lyrically, Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence is better.

marty

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Apr 12, 2007, 07:05 AM
Sound-wise, Worship and Tribute is better. Lyrically, Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence is better.
Thats a perfect sum-up.

Malpractice

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Apr 12, 2007, 07:05 AM

i still disagree i find a lot of the lyrics on EYEWTKAS childish and straightfoward and heavily rooted in misogynistic overtones and not that far from the "adidas metal" they were rallying against at the time of the album's release. W&T only the other hand is a far more well rounded effort all around and i feel this is where Daryl really came into his own as a lyricist (even though he did steal a lot from frank zappa and george reynolds in the process lol). I found daryl playing around more with metaphors and creating imagery with words and sounds on W&T as well. I am not saying EYEWTKAS is a bad album because it isn't i just feel W&T is the better album overall. the only thing EYEWTKAS has on W&T is just pure aggression.

ChickdelaLynch

If anything I find the lyrics on Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence to be honest and raw, which is why I like it so much. In my book, it's ok to be a little childish when you have your heart broken. Worship and Tribute is more evolved, but the lyrics aren't as passionate as the lyrics on Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence.

Malpractice

passion is overrated

The Captain

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Apr 12, 2007, 10:51 PM
If anything I find the lyrics on Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence to be honest and raw, which is why I like it so much. In my book, it's ok to be a little childish when you have your heart broken. Worship and Tribute is more evolved, but the lyrics aren't as passionate as the lyrics on Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence.
This is how I feel too. Worship and Tribute is definitely the better album, but I connect with the raw emotion of EYEWTKAS more.

Fireal1222

bad taste in my mouth

you would think im a whore

bad taste in my mouth.
you would think i'm
you would think i'm you

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

fireflyry

I miss this band.

Oh and personally I much prefer the production on EYEWTKAS especially the guitars.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Paint Your Lips

I almost came !

Daryl interview:

Question
QuoteThere are rumors floating around about a new Head Automatica EP coming out before your other band Glassjaw gets back together. Any details?

Answer
QuoteThey both may be happening at the same time, and it's not an EP anymore; it's a full album, and it'll be released around the same time as the new Glassjaw album, sometime pretty soon. There's also going to be something out by House of Blow (Daryl's hip-hop/electronic project with Hatebreed guitarist Sean Martin).

I like the sound of, "Pretty soon" !

defskull

Not cum worthy.

Pretty soon is so vague.  That's like Chino saying that the new album would come out in Spring of 06. 

Paint Your Lips

eah, i'm prob. just being naive, but goddamnit, I want to be a positive idiot, cuz i'm getting tired of waiting on a GJ album !

The Captain

GlassJAw - Chinese Democracy (200?)

marty

Zevaka