Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Slipknot thread

Started by Infected Mushroom, May 29, 2005, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

if it werent for my friend liking slipknot when we were younger, i would have written them off as gay and dumb

but i must admit. there shit isnt bad at all

ST was there best. Iowa was pretty good, i enjoyed it. Mate Feed Kill Repeat had some pretty good moments as well. and i heard the newest album VOL 3 i guess, in my friends car. and the drumming in some of the songs is still creative, so joey def. still has it

anyway. slipknots image is pretty gay. but when it boils down to the music, theyre better than most of the shit i hear

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

pissedandpierced

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but a couple of their songs are catchy, but as some people have said before, i'm not impressed with the whole masks thing, Kiss did that and happily put it to rest so Slipknot should get over it.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

no name cola

i think theyre dumb and bad.
and dont tell me theyre skilled musicians. i know what a skilled musician is.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Chino describe them as the mickey mouse club and I agree with him they totally suck balls.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

Fireal1222

the mickey mouse club, hahaha

no name, i figured u of all people would enjoy joey the drummer at least

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

raynor

joeys drumming gets old so damn fast. and their liveshow is pretty lame as well. between every song it's like "well clown couldn't come here tonight, but he really really really wanted to be in sweden right now because we're fucking FAMILY." or "<insert country> is my favourite place on the earth".

but hell, i've heard a couple of semi-good songs.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Jinja Bizkit on Jul 14, 2006, 09:11 AM
Slipknot? Hmmmmmm, I guess I like some of their stuff. But i'm definately not a fan.

dude are you just searching the board for bands you've heard of or what?  it's sad.

Azwethinkweiz

I really hate everything about slipknot.

the lyrics and the masks are probably the worst about them.

their music is fucking shit, it's so boring and repetitive. the guitarist is shit, so is the bassist and what the fuck is up with those knuckleheads sitting on those drums and just hitting away?...percussion? HA!

the only slightly talented is joey, but he always plays the same shit.

this band is a disgrace to metal.

Jacob

oh, I thought you liked the latest album?

I still love their first album. I don't give a fuck about their masks, they don't affect the music. their first album still has some really good songs.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

pissedandpierced

Quote from: raynor on Jul 14, 2006, 05:56 PM
joeys drumming gets old so damn fast.

If your refering to the bass drums that might have something to do with the trigger pedals that he uses. I read once (I think it was in Metal Hammer magazine) a letter from some doctor who said that it doesn't matter how good a drummer joey is, it's not physically possible for him to use drum that fast on bass drums as it would totally fuck up his ankles as your joints make a lubricant which makes them flexible and if joey was drumming that fast, his ankles wouln't be able to create this lubricant that quickly and they would just seize up.

I used to be into the Murderdolls and at every gig, girls would scream 'Joey I love you, I want your babies' which was really fucking embarrising and when I did work experience at Roadrunner Records everyone who worked there used to take the piss out of them.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

hydroponic82

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 15, 2006, 12:26 AM
oh, I thought you liked the latest album?

I still love their first album. I don't give a fuck about their masks, they don't affect the music. their first album still has some really good songs.

yea man....

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jul 14, 2006, 10:33 PM
tthe guitarist is shit

root is up there . hes a very good guitar player.

i dont dig em anymore but my first a/v ever on this board was of their DJ.
Iowa is my fav from them ....but yea their image fucked them up. alot of you would have diffrent opinions if you werent hung up on those mask...oh and their lyrics have gotton cheesy as fuck..they werent the best to begin with.

5 out of 10 on my scale. but there live show is a 9 out of 10.

Jacob

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Jul 15, 2006, 08:34 AM
Quote from: raynor on Jul 14, 2006, 05:56 PM
joeys drumming gets old so damn fast.

If your refering to the bass drums that might have something to do with the trigger pedals that he uses. I read once (I think it was in Metal Hammer magazine) a letter from some doctor who said that it doesn't matter how good a drummer joey is, it's not physically possible for him to use drum that fast on bass drums as it would totally fuck up his ankles as your joints make a lubricant which makes them flexible and if joey was drumming that fast, his ankles wouln't be able to create this lubricant that quickly and they would just seize up.

total fucking bullshit. there are drummers who play waaay faster than Joey and they don't have any problems with their ankles.

yes, he uses triggers. but they have nothing to do with the pedals. they're there to make his playing sound better as it's very hard to play evenly when you play that fast. most metal drummers use triggers, at least on the bass drums.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Subliminal

Noone really understands what they're all about, So they come across gay and dumb to all the ignorant fuckers who watch MTV all day in hope that their favourite metal band just might appear...

I'm a big fan of Slipknot, more so a fan of Corey and his lyrics. Jim root is one of the best guitar players out there and they could play any shit Slayer or Lamb Of God play, I remember watching guitar lessons with Root and Thomson and they are shit hot. But just as their bassist Paul says, They could do shit to impress everyone but they aren't around to please ignorant fuckers who expect everything (like some of you on here)

Joey pretty much sucks live i think, He can't do any of the original drummings from recordings and there's plenty of other drummers who can re do drums exactly how they were recorded live (Machine Head, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage) But he was classed as one of the worlds fastest drummers and is a respected musician so..

I find it funny how Chino describes them as the Mickey Mouse Club, but it kinda figures, Since they're pretty much well known like Mickey Mouse.

All in all they're an awesome band, Not the best live and if you don't really get what they're all about, Then you're probably a yank who's voted Bush to be president.

Favourite album - Vol 3 Subliminal Verses (hence how i got my nickname)

Azwethinkweiz

Subliminal

Azwethinkweiz

Subliminal

Jizzlobber

powerful band. they've sold millions of albums, and captivate their audience.
<

raynor

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 29, 2005, 04:06 PM
Quote from: Paint Your Lips
Quote from: AzwethinkweizFirst two albums was shit..

Subliminal Verses is very good I think..
Hahaha.

Vol. 3 is musically and lyrically 100 times better than the first two...

well, it's a matter of opinion..

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jul 14, 2006, 10:33 PM
I really hate everything about slipknot.

the lyrics and the masks are probably the worst about them.

their music is fucking shit, it's so boring and repetitive. the guitarist is shit, so is the bassist and what the fuck is up with those knuckleheads sitting on those drums and just hitting away?...percussion? HA!

the only slightly talented is joey, but he always plays the same shit.

this band is a disgrace to metal.

MakeFunOfFatPeople