Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Slipknot thread

Started by Infected Mushroom, May 29, 2005, 04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jizzlobber

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 01, 2008, 11:05 AM
the masks are getting a bit stupid now.

i think thats awlsways gonna get said about them.

I think it ties them together well but looking at those new designs...im baffled by Corey Taylor and Sid the Dj's new look's...?

cannot get my head around that shit.
<

Jacob

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jul 01, 2008, 01:23 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Jul 01, 2008, 11:05 AM
the masks are getting a bit stupid now.

i think thats awlsways gonna get said about them.

I think it ties them together well but looking at those new designs...im baffled by Corey Taylor and Sid the Dj's new look's...?

cannot get my head around that shit.

I thought the first masks were awesome and if they still had those I wouldn't complain. but now that they keep changing and try to make them look even "cooler".... it just feels really silly.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

kalhan

yeah... i mean, the whole mask thing is an awesome concept, partially why i love them so much, the masks, numbers, uniforms etc. the new masks completely destroy the concept

Jacob

still, you have to remember that the masks weren't their idea from the beginning. there are a lot of bands who've done it before, and in Slipknots case I'm pretty sure they got the idea from Mr Bungle.

theis

which one of the new masks is corey?

whodunit?

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 01, 2008, 03:57 PM
still, you have to remember that the masks weren't their idea from the beginning. there are a lot of bands who've done it before, and in Slipknots case I'm pretty sure they got the idea from Mr Bungle.

Kiss wasn't first? I mean, they painted their faces but still...

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jul 01, 2008, 08:34 PM
which one of the new masks is corey?

the worst one...

Jacob

Quote from: whodunit? on Jul 01, 2008, 09:46 PM

yeah, like I said: there are other bands who did it before them. but in Slipknot's case, I'd say they're more inspired by Mr Bungle's early style than what Kiss does.

mr.sinister

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 01, 2008, 10:00 PM
Quote from: whodunit? on Jul 01, 2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah they stole that from Mr. B

yeah, like I said: there are other bands who did it before them. but in Slipknot's case, I'd say they're more inspired by Mr Bungle's early style than what Kiss does.

kalhan

actually, guys, that's corey's oldest mask. he used to have that one with the top covered and the dreads coming out of little holes but since he shaved his head i don't think the old mask with holes would've been alright... so he got this one made, it's fine, i've always liked that one... joey's mask on the other hand... super-emo

how're the new songs, lads?

Jacob

um, no it's not. this is his old mask:

kalhan

alright, this is the old one:

and this is the new one:

the new one's the same as the old mask MINUS the top part. (the old one had holes for his dreads and the new one has a big hole on top because... now he has no dreads)

what's common between his old mask and the new one is the mouth area, one huge hole for the mouth, and he'd paint his mouth black.

furthurmore, the new mask is a hybrid of the oldest jim root mask (which he took from the guitarist he replaced) and the old corey mask. the old jim root part being the top (jim had short yellow hair then, which he'd pull out of the top-of-the-head hole and the old corey part being the mouth and eye parts...

shine down unshy

THE GREAT BIG MOUTH

kalhan

...yeah ... totally

whodunit?

I have to say I dig the new stuff.

Musically, "All Hope Is Gone" is a continuation of what the did on VOL.3. It's good, but still it's not a revolution.

"Psychosocial" reminds me of their second album, "Iowa". When it comes to lyrics I find them pretty interesting. "Rain will kill us all." Rain was always something purifying, a catharsis. For Corey it's something completely different. Nice concept.

kalhan

this is going to be one of their back-to-basics album, like, a comeback after a shitty album... like the chili peppers... or limp bizkit (talking about the unquestionable truth here)

Jacob

I highly doubt it.

seeing as how they only got bigger with Vol. 3 you can't really call that a shitty album in the sense of popularity. and there's no way they'll ever make more of the music found on Mate Feed Kill Repeat or s/t.

Oldnewtype

i loved all hope is gone but i just listened to psychosocial and it sucks. Like Vol. 3 I suspect this album will have 3 or 4 badass songs and the rest crap.

Muzic Junkie

It is big here kind of
All my friends love the band

Personally i hate them all they ever do i scream Into the microphone and do stupid banging on pot things

But then again i'm not a big fan of "scremo"

Jacob

Quote from: Muzic Junkie on Jul 08, 2008, 01:12 PM
It is big here kind of
All my friends love the band

Personally i hate them all they ever do i scream Into the microphone and do stupid banging on pot things

But then again i'm not a big fan of "scremo"

haha. I hope this is a joke post. otherwise.... *shakes head*

ChannelZer0

anyone have another link for Psychosocial?
Sorrow