Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Slipknot thread

Started by Infected Mushroom, May 29, 2005, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodunit?

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 16, 2008, 09:51 PM
Quote from: whodunit? on Jun 16, 2008, 09:45 PM
THEIS - Question: what makes you think they make horrible music?

You listen to Death Cab. THEY're a bunch of gays making terrible and turgid music.

2. So Death  Cab is gay now? I'm pretty sure they're all happily married with women. And you probably haven't even listened to their music. They make great music. Take a listen to their album "Transatlanticism".

Actually, I gave the band a try 2 or 3 years ago, when everyone was like "they're great". They weren't. So I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. (I believe it was the album you're talking about but I'm not sure, it doesn't matter really).

Gay, in the meaning of a weak radio band, not sticking dicks into asses. They're like Coldplay but worse.

shine down unshy

The whole song is now up somewhere on the internet.

Deftonesaddict

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 16, 2008, 09:30 PM

Back to Slipknot; they don't suck because they're popular, they suck because they make fucking horrible music.

coming from the guy who listen to a bunch of fags called Fallout Boy  that's laughable

mr.sinister

Quote from: Deftonesaddict on Jun 17, 2008, 01:59 AM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 16, 2008, 09:30 PM

Back to Slipknot; they don't suck because they're popular, they suck because they make fucking horrible music.

mr.sinister

"I push my fingers into my asss"

This band has some of the most immature shitty lyrics in the world of immature shitty lyrics.

whodunit?

Quote from: mr.sinester on Jun 17, 2008, 02:05 AM
"I push my fingers into my asss"

This band has some of the most immature shitty lyrics in the world of immature shitty lyrics.

oh, oh, oh.... don't say about lyrics. I think DTones has shitty lyrics too, especially on SNW.

Slipknot - "All hope is gone"
Running time: 4.44
http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=aa14c60

Oldnewtype

hes actually saying eyes.

i think you guys just hate them because theyre cool. I've loved slipknot, ive hated them, and now im pretty impartial.

that new song sounds pretty damn good to me though.

4th Eye

Having 9 members is kinda part of the show. They did put up an entertaining live show and those clowns and long-nosed wankers running around just emphasized the experience. Would be boring if they were just gazing their shoes...

That new song didn't do anything for me and it was rather bland. I liked Slipknot back in the self-titled era but I've lost interest in their newer stuff.

whodunit?

The new song is ok. It's neither great nor awful. The new album will not be a revolution but imho the stuff will be great to listen to.

Jizzlobber

The new song is a bit like the same type of thing they have always done to me.

I was at first quite shocked at their "huge head' press photo's, but apparently they arent performing in them, and the have the same old faces.

<

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 17, 2008, 07:17 AM
hes actually saying eyes.

i think you guys just hate them because theyre cool. I've loved slipknot, ive hated them, and now im pretty impartial.

that new song sounds pretty damn good to me though.

Lol why would they say ass?  Slipknot is a decent band.  They strandle the line between extreme and numetal and haven't really released anything that wasn't good.  People always hate popular bands.

shine down unshy

They think if they hate on popular bands, they'll appear cooler on the internet.

oldgentlovecraft

It's no so much that I hate popular bands but I do feel that in general there are much better bands that deserve the spotlight.  The public's taste is shit for the most part. 

moonlapse vertigo

the public's taste is shit because the public is fed shit. most people don't seek out music the way us on the board do, they just listen to the radio and watch TV. if "better" (for lack of a word) music was played, then the public wouldn't have shit taste.

oldgentlovecraft

I agree.  Nice av btw.

moonlapse vertigo

thanks! one of my favorite records.

oldgentlovecraft

They always impress and an excellent album

phil for real

Overall, the new song is weak imo.  Has a few cool parts, but seems like they're trying to be heavy just for the sake of being heavy.  Lame.

Oldnewtype

what the fuck else would you be heavy for? Anyone who's heavy is doing it intentionally.

whodunit?

Quote from: phil for real on Jun 17, 2008, 09:37 PM
Overall, the new song is weak imo.  Has a few cool parts, but seems like they're trying to be heavy just for the sake of being heavy.  Lame.