Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

i've read a few books recently, some good (bell jar), some bad (the pact).

atm i'm reading pet sematary.

MakeFunOfFatPeople

Room Full Of Mirrors by Charles R. Cross, dudes a mac, plus he wrote Heavier Then Heaven about Kurdt Cobain which a whole nother perfect biography in its own right that everyone should check out if they wanna read about a cool ass person, room full of mirrors i may like more though, its just as well written and Jimi Hendrix may be more entertaining, havent even hit his Fame yet, so we'll see.

vida_mae

Graphic novels are greeeat! I read summer 2006 ish of VENUS, and aug ish of PYSCHOLOGY TODAY. Im currently half way through july/aug  ADBUSTERS...

sukkafish

I <3 Chuck Palahniuk's stuff, and Daniel Silva.

Not currently reading anything. Going to read Jeffrey Eugenides 'The Virgin Suicides' next.

vida_mae

^ my boyfriend let me borrow palahniuks "choke" because its about art.. and blah blah blah... as an artist he said id love it!  i havent gotten to reading it yet! i brought it on two flights. and a long ass road trip to bonnarro.. and still havent gotten to reading it!!!

sukkafish

Oh you must! It's brilliant!  :D

vida_mae

HONEY! I LOVE YOU! AND I KNOW!

sukkafish

Can I have your shirt? striiiipeyyy  :D <3

no name cola

ive mostly only read bukowski since last october....but lots of it.

devilinside

Amchitka and the Bomb: Nuclear Testing in Alaska by Dean W. Kohlhoff .

B.

I'm reading the 6th Harry Potter book  ;D

This place is a prison , these people aren't your friends...

BigDave

i have an advance copy of the new irvine welsh novel.  who wants to touch me?

sukkafish

I'm reading 'Myst' now. ^^ The book of Atrus.

vida_mae

you guys whats the big deal with irvine... ?? tell me what im missing.

Mazzy

i'm reading No Logo by Naomi Klein. i feel like i've read this before before because it's so familiar.

i'm going to re-read The Kite Runner. i shouldn't because last time i cried all the way through it. i'm also reading a book on Degas. reliving my high school days some might say.

4th Eye

Quote from: vida_mae on Jul 26, 2006, 04:45 AM
you guys whats the big deal with irvine... ?? tell me what im missing.

The scots. Weird, crazy bastards. Just imagine a book of Chrisbo, haha! ;)

vida_mae

^  oOOoo as long as lotsa pictures in that book of chrisbo, ill sleep with it under my pillow!

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Mazzy on Jul 26, 2006, 05:47 AM
i'm reading No Logo by Naomi Klein. i feel like i've read this before before because it's so familiar.

My brother loves that book. He even wrote "No Logo" on his shoe.

I was only able to get about twenty pages into it. Damn school!

Gaz

Finally started reading Yes Man by Danny Wallace, it's really good.

tarkil

Finished "The City" from Clifford D. Simak... Very good book ! Makes you think. I enjoyed it a lot!

And I began Bret Easton Ellis' "American Psycho". I'm at page 100, and it seems really good for the moment !! I looooove the writing style... So cynical, cold etc. Awesome !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.