The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samson simpson

i just finished NEXUS now im on SEXUS
and the 1988 issue of Alfred P. Newmans "MAD"

dont you miss the soul craft?

Jizzlobber

Just finished reading "Jugheads double digest". its fucking brilliant, so powerful and well written.

highly recomend it.
<

Mazzy

i'm taking on leaf storm and love in the time of cholera by gabriel garcia marquez and extremely loud and incredibly close by jonathan safran foer.

i'm going to try to read both the garcia marquez books first. i'm looking forward to reading his stuff, i've always heard great things about him and jonathan is jonathan. nothing short of exceptional. and funny, oh so funny.

rxqueen

My friend Aljona gave me two books from Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt (a french men though it sounds german) for my birthday. The first one was brilliant, so touching. I don't know the name, but 1 to 1 it would be something like: Oskar and the lady in pink. It's about a boy that has cancer and nobody has the courage to tell him he's gonna die but the lady in pink. He tells him to live every day like it's 10 years. So he really gets through puberty, midlife crisis and stuff like that in his last days. It's really worth reading.

4th Eye

I bought Bill Bryson's "A Short History Of Nearly Everything" and Paulo Coelho's "The Alchemist" and also Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker"-trilogy. Already started Bryson's book and so far it seems interesting. I think I'm getting my love for books back.

oldgentlovecraft

Reading the Catcher in the Rye again.  I love that book and forgot how much I enjoy reading it all over again. 

theis

Currently reading:

Great stuff. A real eye-opener.

You should give it a try, Mazzy ;)

Jerry_Curls

I pretty much love Haruki Murakami. More than halfway trhough Kafka By The Shore and I love it. I love his style of writing and the way he ends chapters.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

rxqueen

I'm reading the book with shortstories by Murakami now. With the 100% girl. He has a very interesting way of writing, with such a strange aftertaste.

Black Elvis

baudelaire, alexie, neitszche, napolean hill.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 16, 2007, 01:57 AM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

why?

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on May 25, 2007, 01:56 AM
I pretty much love Haruki Murakami. More than halfway trhough Kafka By The Shore and I love it. I love his style of writing and the way he ends chapters.

dude, that's so funny you said that. i was just gonna post my recommendation of hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world.

i have just about every one of his books, and just finished reading a wild sheep chase.

my favorites by him are hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world, norwegian wood, kafka on the shore and the wind up bird chronicles. i just started reading his new one called after dark. it's sick to know someone else loves him as much as i do. he's been my fav for a few years now.
do. make. say. think.

Black Elvis

No One Here Gets Out Alive

biography of Jim Morrison.

In 9th grade in my english class i did absolutley nothing, i got high on shrooms in that class, it was the last period of the day, and my teacher was eccentric and amazing, she told me 2 pick a book, any book and i chose this one, i was blown away, ive always been into the doors since birth and the movie and everything. My counsler that same year who now delivers pizzas offered me this book. nice one. I've read it 15 times at least, last night i read the whole thing again. Its a fun read. She gave me an A for the entire semester for reading and then writing about this book.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 16, 2007, 01:57 AM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I started reading Choke today. I hadn't read any Palanhiuk apart from Fight Club. Chuck is a badass. I love this shit.

Glenn

Just started reading The Picture Of Dorian Gray and I'm not really feeling it.

19th-century english and long dialogues gets kinda boring.

no

19th century is da' bomb.

why?

i'm currently reading "the castle" by franz kafka. it's a tough read but i like it so far. next up is "after dark", haruki murakami's new book.
do. make. say. think.

why?

this is a dying thread. :-[
do. make. say. think.

neurotic

well, i'm studying for entering exams so i don't have much time to read...
..but if i pass, i'll have the whole summer to read(i work in a library..:D)
...never trust the obvious...

tarkil

It was never that lively either...

I'm still on "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin, last book out (A Feast for Crows), and trying not to read it to much cause then, I will have to wait until I don't know when for reading the sequel...
That's terrible, I really hate when this kind of things happen...   :-\

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I'm on a Palahniuk spree here...

I just started reading Survivor after I finished Choke.