Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

Quote from: ben on Mar 16, 2006, 04:17 AM
More like Kid A? that wouldn't be too bad.

its not going to sound anything like kid a. he meant they are totally changing there sound again, like they did for kid a

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ben

Yea I heard it's going to be a lot more rocking like Pablo and the Bends.

manic_bastard

it's going to sound like an album of theirs that doesn't exist.

Fireal1222

Quote from: manic_bastard on Mar 16, 2006, 09:37 PM

exactly

but all of there albums still have a radiohead type sound. i dont think this ones gonna have that. thats why its either gonna be amazing or really bad

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

i just listened to kid a for the first time in a very long time. it was very scary to be honest. i remember being creeped out by idioteque. the end of that song feels like they are taking your brain over

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

zee deveel 17

play two copies of kid a 17 seconds apart and the album will blend together seamlessly

ive tried it

Chrisbo

Quote from: manic_bastard on Mar 16, 2006, 09:37 PM

The truth!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Fireal1222

Quote from: zee deveel 17 on Mar 17, 2006, 06:02 AM
play two copies of kid a 17 seconds apart and the album will blend together seamlessly

ive tried it

no way.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

sleeptraveler

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 15, 2006, 07:02 AM
here are the working titles of the songs for the new radiohead album

- Nude

Oh man, been waiting for this song to see a release for YEARS.  Now if only 'lift' could find it's way out of the shadows....

black coffee

Quote from: ben on Mar 16, 2006, 03:44 PM
Yea I heard it's going to be a lot more rocking like Pablo and the Bends.

people already said this after Amnesiac, and then Hail to the Thief came out... they will for sure surprise us with the next effort.. I need money for the tour, I hope they'll tour europe this year.

Chrisbo

Quote from: black coffee on Mar 20, 2006, 05:54 PMI hope they'll tour europe this year.

Yeah that would indeed be awesome and make my year!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

law

V fest sold out in like 2 hours cos they are headling it :|

Fireal1222

thom yorke has a solo album coming out!!

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Chrisbo

Shit, I just got this email from gigsinscotland

QuoteGigs in Scotland is delighted to announce that one of the most critically acclaimed British bands of all time, Radiohead will perform their first Scottish show since 2003, this time at Edinburgh's Meadowbank Stadium on 22nd August, during the Edinburgh International Festival Fringe. A further treat in store is a performance from special guest Beck, who like Radiohead is widely regarded as one of the most original artists to have emerged in the last few decades.

Tickets, which are expected to sell out quickly, go on sale this Saturday 25th March at 9am by clicking HERE, or calling 0870 169 0100. In person they are available from Tickets Scotland in Glasgow and Edinburgh as well as all Ticketmaster ticket centres.

I've checked it out, the tickets are £32.50. Dammit, I dont have that money just now!!! Fuck fuck fuck!

Paint Your Lips

Radiohead have helped make music for a movie based on the cult story "A Scanner Darkly", which will be in theatres july 7th. The movie will also contain a song of Thom York's solo album.

But, this has only been announced by Warner, not by the band.

Chrisbo

Yeah so apparently a few tickets have appeared on eBay already, from some fans who have ordered on the pre sale. A pair of tickets went for close to £500 for the Hammersmith shows. And here's me thinking, oh I'll just stroll down the shop and buy two tickets, no problems, sweet as! Like fuck that's gonna happen!

Muempire

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 21, 2006, 03:44 AM
thom yorke has a solo album coming out!!
So i read on UG, cant wait to hear it!
aka. TeamTones

coco.city

i never actually heard radiohead properly till i moved to sydney. they weren't big in tasmania. i played them a while ago but mazzy broke the cd.

i don't know what cd of theirs to get next.

Fireal1222

get there albums in order, without getting pablo honey

the bends
ok computer
kid a
amnesiac
hail to the thief

youll be amazed by how much their sound changes from album to album

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Muempire

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
get there albums in order, without getting pablo honey

the bends
ok computer
kid a
amnesiac
hail to the thief

youll be amazed by how much their sound changes from album to album
Why does know one like Pablo Honey, first album i started off on. Like there are a few weak songs i can understand but theres still some gems like Prove Yourself, I Cant, Blow Out, You, Anyone Can Play Guitar...

But i guess its just some peoples opinion.
aka. TeamTones