Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Tattoos.

Started by sharinglungs, Feb 27, 2006, 03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

nooo...I was quoting what the girl said when they were in the well. haha nevermind....

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: devilinside on Jul 14, 2008, 12:29 AM
nooo...I was quoting what the girl said when they were in the well. haha nevermind....
\\

haha gotcha! I'm a bit slow today... obviously... just moved to orlando and the heat is meting my brain!
YOU! Cake or DEATH??? - Eddie Izzard

devilinside

Its understandable...I'm not a heat person. Welcome to the board....the color on your tattoo is really good.

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: devilinside on Jul 14, 2008, 12:38 AM
Its understandable...I'm not a heat person. Welcome to the board....the color on your tattoo is really good.

ha yeah, especially in combination with 99% humidity!!!

and thank you, but I am not new-new, just forgot my password AND email I used back then. my last screenname was almost teh same Goonies Never say Die.

(I suck at remembering stuff like that when I don't go to forums and websites on a regular basis...)

devilinside

I feel ya on the humidity...I'm in tennessee and it's usually horrid here. Welcome back then. :)

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: devilinside on Jul 14, 2008, 12:45 AM
I feel ya on the humidity...I'm in tennessee and it's usually horrid here. Welcome back then. :)

thank you!  I feel lurved! ;)

lithium

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 13, 2008, 11:30 PM
ideas all mine. designed and tattooed by KEVIN STARAI at A+ Studio in Chicago

http://www.kevinstarai.com

wuv my arm! :)
you got a better shot of that teddy bear?

looks awesome dude
💩

devilinside

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: devilinside on Jul 14, 2008, 01:42 AM
I think this "dude" is a chik......

haha indeed. dude is fine though. most gus forget im a girl anyways... comes with the territory I work in. tis all good!

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: lithium on Jul 14, 2008, 01:35 AM

looks awesome dude

thank goodness for macbooks and their cams! lol

sorry, not the best quality and bad lighting...

Battle-Axe

^ That.... is fucking sweet! :D How long did that take? :]

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jul 14, 2008, 03:00 AM
^ That.... is fucking sweet! :D How long did that take? :]

fanks. and around 26h total. :)

Battle-Axe

Ah cool, 25-ish hours seems to be the average for sleeves, huh :] The top half of mine is almost finished and it's taken 14 hours so far, and it's getting a bit annoying having people go "oh I know people who got a full sleeve done in 10, you're well getting ripped off!" ¬__¬

Although, these people more than likely go to the scratchers nearby :P

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jul 14, 2008, 03:04 AM
Ah cool, 25-ish hours seems to be the average for sleeves, huh :] The top half of mine is almost finished and it's taken 14 hours so far, and it's getting a bit annoying having people go "oh I know people who got a full sleeve done in 10, you're well getting ripped off!" ¬__¬

hahah yeah! i have seen sooo many crappy tattoos and sleeves. it makes me wanna cry! like I paid way more than I had  lanned, but for "god's" ake, why on earth would you make comprimises in the quality of a tattoo you will have for the rest of your live???

kevin takes $150/h, so I paid it. you want a goo dartist, you gotta pay for it!

you get what you pay for!!!

devilinside

Did that hurt going under your arm? It looks terribly painful! I would LOVE to get sleeves,but am scared i'd get banished from my small ass church town. hahah

Battle-Axe

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 14, 2008, 03:12 AM
Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jul 14, 2008, 03:04 AM

hahah yeah! i have seen sooo many crappy tattoos and sleeves. it makes me wanna cry! like I paid way more than I had  lanned, but for "god's" ake, why on earth would you make comprimises in the quality of a tattoo you will have for the rest of your live???

kevin takes $150/h, so I paid it. you want a goo dartist, you gotta pay for it!

you get what you pay for!!!

Totally! Like there's this studio about 2 miles away that willingly tattoos underage and they hardly charge anything, and they have like this little gang of kids that are always in there :/ I've seen been in there once and the guy doesn't even put clingfilm down or anything - he tattoos straight off his counter and as a piercer myself it was pretty worrying watching that happen :[ ...though I wasn't a piercer at the time but I still knew it was a shitty place.

I pay £50 an hour [pretty much $100] which I think is reasonable but so many people look shocked when I tell them that - I tend to say the phrase "good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good" :P

Edit...

Quote from: devilinside on Jul 14, 2008, 03:14 AM
Did that hurt going under your arm? It looks terribly painful! I would LOVE to get sleeves,but am scared i'd get banished from my small ass church town. hahah

I personally didn't find under my arm too painful at all :] Although the closest work near my armpit is about 2 or 3 inches away and even then it was just a bit of shading and some cherry blossom outlines. The worst for me so far was round the back of my arm, but I had a cold and achy skin on the day :P

GooniesNeverSayDie

erm... YES! I had to get the last 5 and a half hours done at once, cuz I was leaving town (pretty much for good) and 3.5hours of those 5.5 hours were dedicated to the underside of my arm... it was NOT fun! everything else was fine and i never even flinched once and whenever it pinched a bit, kev just sang to me and made me laugh or something, but that day I actually told him to please NOT try to make me laugh, cuz I was trying to breath through the pain. most people only do like 1-1.5 hours on that spot, but I had no choice, since i was leaving town... it was either suck it up, or leave town with an unfinished sleeve!

it was alright during the outlining, but after 1.5 hours it started feeling a bit dizzy and at 3 hours, I told myself I would NEVER get that part on my left arm done! lol

foreclosure

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 14, 2008, 02:05 AM
Quote from: lithium on Jul 14, 2008, 01:35 AM

looks awesome dude

thank goodness for macbooks and their cams! lol

sorry, not the best quality and bad lighting...

This Really Awesome And looks very Cool

indychinoluv

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Jul 14, 2008, 04:24 AM

erm... YES! I had to get the last 5 and a half hours done at once, cuz I was leaving town (pretty much for good) and 3.5hours of those 5.5 hours were dedicated to the underside of my arm... it was NOT fun! everything else was fine and i never even flinched once and whenever it pinched a bit, kev just sang to me and made me laugh or something, but that day I actually told him to please NOT try to make me laugh, cuz I was trying to breath through the pain. most people only do like 1-1.5 hours on that spot, but I had no choice, since i was leaving town... it was either suck it up, or leave town with an unfinished sleeve!

it was alright during the outlining, but after 1.5 hours it started feeling a bit dizzy and at 3 hours, I told myself I would NEVER get that part on my left arm done! lol
How did you find the elbow? I was almost in tears

Jerry_Curls

So far I only have three. Just started this year. Can't wait for more!

DEFTONES

EL DIABLO

MEDUSA

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.