Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Alice In Chains

Started by Mascara Snake, Mar 13, 2006, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

I'm going with my brother to see them in October.

Pensive

I am hitting the Atlanta show Oct 10
If you're telekinetic and you know it raise my hand

tension_the_wire

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Aug 25, 2006, 01:13 AM
I have seen two unfamiliar tracks on some bootlegs: Untitled and barracuda. Are they new songs from AIC?

Untitled is from the Sap ep with Sean 'singing' and Barracuda is a Heart Song!

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Sep 06, 2006, 01:34 AM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Aug 25, 2006, 01:13 AM
I have seen two unfamiliar tracks on some bootlegs: Untitled and barracuda. Are they new songs from AIC?

Untitled is from the Sap ep with Sean 'singing' and Barracuda is a Heart Song!

Thank you! By the way, you were wife party, weren't you?

Chrisbo

In the new Metal Hammer, Alice In Chains are featured in the Metal Detector, where basically the rate that bands releases in an order from best to worst. Here's how they rated them

Must Have: Dirt (of course)
Silver Medal: Jar Of Flies
Recommended: Facelift
Wild Card: Sap
Fans Only: Alice In Chains
Avoid: Unplugged

Sometimes the ones in fans only and avoid are only there because they're not as good as the ones above, although I am surprised they rate AIC so low. So what do you guys think of this then?

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Pensive

Tripod as "fans only?"

Bullshit.

law

Bullshit about the unplugged too, that shit is pretty damn good.

Saw them earlier this year... them, A7X and Deftones were my favs at Download this year.

Pensive

I think they just drew names out of a hat while they were doing shots.

Mascara Snake

I just finised watching unplugged and it makes me sad and realise how much i miss this band and how important they were, great songs, great melodies, great funny personalities!! RIP Layne!!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

Jacob

you speak the truth. whenever I watch unplugged nowadays I get tears in my eyes.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

neurotic

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 13, 2006, 05:05 PM
it's not Alice in Chains without Layne, simple as that.
...never trust the obvious...

oldgentlovecraft

Mascara Snake

I agree but its still nice to have these songs bein played again and for the fans to turn up and show their support and love for the band as well as layne!!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Mascara Snake on Oct 13, 2006, 02:05 PM
I agree but its still nice to have these songs bein played again and for the fans to turn up and show their support and love for the band as well as layne!!

Good point and well said.

Jacob

yeah, I was lucky enough to catch them live in the summer and it was amazing. better than I had expected.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Inkblades

i think if i had to choose only three bands to listen to for the rest of my life it would be Alice, Tones and Radiohead....

RIP Layne

Mascara Snake

I wanted to go see them when they were in ireland but they were opening for korn and metallica and the way overpriced tickets sold out in no time!

mr.sinister

Alice in Chains rocks. Favorite song would have to be Junkhead and Nutshell. Excellent songs.

R.I.P. Layne and Dimebag

ben

I saw them tonight.  Holy shit, it was good.

The acoustic set in between the electric sets was awesome.  I think the new singer guy is pretty damn good.  I felt that layne was there in spirit.

endoeleven

I love AIC. Angry Chair is my fav. song i think.