Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Alice In Chains

Started by Mascara Snake, Mar 13, 2006, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mascara Snake

Like the first single but its not AIC and the Elton John colab has me a little worried tbh.

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

indychinoluv

Yeah, layne really put the 'dark' feel into their music.

I await with batted breath....

I do like the second single. It does seem to have Jerry's solo vibe, but I think that was a given.

I wonder if Mike Inez is regretting turning down Metallica yet

theis

The second single? Could you hook us up?

ben

Jacob

well, that's a pretty good song. I'm glad they're trying hard to keep the true AiC sound. I'm still a bit scared they just wanna ride on the mainstream rock wave going on right now. and I have a really hard time taking lyrics with "California" in the chorus seriously...

in both these songs I hear a lot more Jerry than William though. do they just sound so similar or is William barely singing on these songs?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ben

The song is about Jerry living out in California and adapting to it after all the depressing shit in Seattle/Layne's death.

Jerry sings a lot on the new album.

shine down unshy

Aaaahhh....tears have filled my bones

devilinside

I won backstage passes to meet the band off the radio station last night...it's cool,but weird at the same time.

Jacob

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 05, 2009, 05:42 PM
I won backstage passes to meet the band off the radio station last night...it's cool,but weird at the same time.

omg. you suck!

seriously though, that's fucking awesome. make sure to take some pics. oh, and say hi from me!

devilinside

I'm totally excited about it,I've been a fan since I was in 8th grade (1992 I think?),it's just soo much different to me without Layne. They're headlining this thing called Buzz Fest here in Nashville Friday ( along with Mudvayne,Chevelle,Cage the Elephant,Cavo and Framing Hanley).

LOL!!!

theis

Artwork and tracklist.

1. All Secrets Known
2. Check My Brain
3. Last of My Kind
4. Your Decision
5. A Looking in View
6. When the Sun Rose Again
7. Acid Bubble
8. Lessons Learned
9. Take Her Out
10. Private Hell
11. Black Gives Way to Blue

Another new song can be heard on http://www.myspace.com/aliceinchains

Rockin'.

Jacob

cool.

I'm actually getting more excited about this now. A Looking in View is an awesome song and really gives me some good ol' AIC vibes. dunno about Check My Brain yet, it sounds more like a pop-ish AIC rip-off. but it's not bad.

shine down unshy

I'm not going to lie.  First time I heard Check My Brain I thought it was Layne singing, like an old song off some album I hadn't heard since I never listened to all their albums.  Shit..I was surprised when I found it out it was their new single.

Vesanic

I'll upload the proshot of AIC at Epicenter as soon as possible.

I'm not a fan, but I think some of you guys would enjoy it. :)

shine down unshy

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 14, 2009, 02:30 AM
I'll upload the proshot of AIC at Epicenter as soon as possible.

I'm not a fan, but I think some of you guys would enjoy it. :)

You said you had some pro shot of Them Crooked Vultures, what happened to you posting it?

ben

check my brain video

http://www.mtvu.com/video/?vid=434471

well, they definitely kept the AIC color palette

theis

Sweet video. Reminded me of QOtSA's "Go With the Flow" video.

mr.sinister

Cant fuckin wait till this shit hits stores! AiC is one of my faves. But I just hope that Layne's absence doesn't jeopardize the music too much. I like what ive heard so far, so we'll wait n see.

ben

theis