Red Hot Chili Peppers

Started by manic_bastard, Apr 03, 2006, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manic_bastard

Quote from: wifeparty on May 05, 2006, 02:14 AM
Quote from: manic_bastard on May 05, 2006, 01:43 AM
john still does heroin
Highly doubtful. Just weed now...

in a recent interview, he admitted to being not clean and how he has control over his desires and cravings. sounds like he didn't ADMIT to using heroin again but i assume he still does it once in awhile.

same goes for anthony

wifeparty

Wow, I didn't know that (about John)

i did know that about Anthony. Have you read Scar tissue? if you have'nt...get it

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: manic_bastard on May 05, 2006, 02:37 AM

john still does heroin

same goes for anthony

I would be very disspointed if that's true.

I highly doubt it though.

vida_mae

Quote from: manic_bastard on May 05, 2006, 02:37 AM
Quote from: wifeparty on May 05, 2006, 02:14 AM
Quote from: manic_bastard on May 05, 2006, 01:43 AM
john still does heroin
Highly doubtful. Just weed now...

in a recent interview, he admitted to being not clean and how he has control over his desires and cravings. sounds like he didn't ADMIT to using heroin again but i assume he still does it once in awhile.

same goes for anthony

john and anthony are both scorpios, they will always be addicted.

reimdaheim

oh. i'm really disappointed with this album. it soooo boring. they have no new ideas. john's solos sound all the same. it sounds like a greatest hits album. i was a die hard fan of them until californication. okay by the way was something new (the pop music influence). but this? no. i won't buy it.  it's sad ...

vida_mae

they were on snl lastnight, and for their 2nd performance, they played, give it away!!

fireflyry

Really?Shit that's surprising....in a good way!

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Azwethinkweiz

new album hits stores tomorrow! yay!

Chrisbo

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 07, 2006, 05:59 PM
new album hits stores tomorrow! yay!

Shit forgot about that, man, shouldnt have spent that last tenner!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Azwethinkweiz

I bought Stadium Arcadium today, listened to it and I must say; this is by far my favorite Chili Peppers album. I know that's a huge thing to say since they've really made some awesome albums, but there's just something about this one.

The emotions on it is just incredible and the lyrics make my heart feel all warm. I love the solos and the bass work and I love the variety of songs on it. The funky songs are as funky as funky gets and same goes for the straight "rock n roll" songs on it.

This album just makes me smile and all I can say is - buy it!!

Chrisbo

It isnt my favourite album, but it is pretty good despite some of the reviews I've heard of it! There's alot of variation, some tunes have got the good ol' funkness of Blood Sugar, and some could fit on By The Way, but overall I'd say it's alot more satisfying than BTW! I'm especially liking the first half of Jupiter CD.

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Azwethinkweiz

'Storm in a Teacup' is so awesome!

KingCrimson

shit, it doesnt come out here until the 15th. ill be in there first thing!

dusttones

Readymade is my favorite track so far.

Phoenix

after one week of listening to it, I just don't give a fuck about the album. still enjoyable, but nothing extraordinary.
Listen to my music at

Malpractice

Quote from: reimdaheim on May 05, 2006, 11:25 PM
oh. i'm really disappointed with this album. it soooo boring. they have no new ideas. john's solos sound all the same. it sounds like a greatest hits album.

that's what i would say about pretty much every one of their albums. they use the same tired old formula for every release

Chrisbo

Ah well, each to their own!

I'm quite partial to the title track, "Especially In Michigan", "Torture Me" and "Storm In A Teacup"

manic_bastard

Stadium Arcadium is a great album. very good songs on there. though i'm more excited about John's original songs. hopefully that asshole releases a new solo album. he's just too good.

Chrisbo

Not that I particularly care too much about the charts, but I thought this was cool! Mid-week, Stadium Arcadium is selling more than the rest of the top 10 put together haha!

deftonekid

Quote from: manic_bastard on May 11, 2006, 12:22 PM
Stadium Arcadium is a great album. very good songs on there.

yeah im lovin' it a lot!

Hump de Bump is the shit!