Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Started by manic_bastard, Apr 03, 2006, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wifeparty

Fuck, if you think this CD is nothing special, just check out Omar Rodriguez solo(s) on Especially in Michigan.
Fleas bass is at new levels. he has such control over his lines. he'll play a straight bar then mess it up.

Even Chad surprised me a lot on this album.

And John...well what can you cay about this genius that hasn't already

manic_bastard

i'm just waiting for john frusciante's new solo songs he recently wrote..

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: manic_bastard on Jun 19, 2006, 05:17 AM
i'm just waiting for john frusciante's new solo songs he recently wrote..

He wrote some new ones? Nice.

KingCrimson

Quote from: wifeparty on Jun 19, 2006, 02:27 AM
Fuck, if you think this CD is nothing special, just check out Omar Rodriguez solo(s) on Especially in Michigan.
Fleas bass is at new levels. he has such control over his lines. he'll play a straight bar then mess it up.

Even Chad surprised me a lot on this album.

And John...well what can you cay about this genius that hasn't already

well put man.
for me nothing will beat blood sugar...
but this album is a good one.

ToneDef

I've never, ever liked this band and I've always failed to see what the big deal is. Great musicians, bland fucking music, shitty boring vocals.

Azwethinkweiz

seeing them december 9th.

it'll be great.

Mazzy

- CHILI PEPPER HURT BY CAVE'S OPINION

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist FLEA was devastated to read a bad review of the band's latest album STADIUM ARCADIUM - because he discovered his idol NICK CAVE dislikes the group's music. The guitarist, real name MICHAEL BALZARY, was reading British newspaper The Guardian's review of the disc, which included the anecdote, "Two years ago, when asked about current music, Nick Cave focused his ire on one band in particular. 'I'm forever near a stereo saying, "What the f**k is this garbage?"' he fumed. 'And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.'" Writing on the band's official website, Flea says: "There was one review by an English newspaper where the guy really hated us and it was full of insults and descriptions about how terrible and worthless we are and how inane our music is. "The guy mentioned that Nick Cave really thought we were a s**tty band and printed a quote that Nick Cave had said in that regard. For a second that hurt my feelings because I love Nick Cave. I have all of his records. "I don't care if Nick Cave hates my band because his music means everything to me because he is one of my favourite songwriters and singers and musicians of all time and I love all the incarnations of the BAD SEEDS. "But it only hurt my feelings for a second because my love is bigger than all that s**t and if he thinks my band is lame that's OK."

hahahaha awwww.

Jizzlobber

im not sure about them any more. i bought 'Stadium Arcadium' and listened to it once, but havent gone back to it at all! i just dont feel the love for it that i felt and still feel for 'Blood sugar..' and 'Californication'
<

theis

listening to BSSM for the  first time in a long, long time.

it's a great album. it really is. i love the weird guitar lines and the funkalicious bass. anthony kiedis has never been a great vocalist and he's definitely the weakest link of the Chili Peppers, but he fits just perfect on this album.

their last truly great album.

NiChe

I've never really got on this boat. I mean, i appreciate funky music a lot, but a lot of their stuff kinda sounds the same to me.... anyone know what i mean ?

theshadeisatool

Indeed, especially post-Californication they have lost much of their 'edge'. Though you could say they abandoned their underground status for the mainstream with Blood Sugar... (which is a great, twisted album) - Stadium Arcadium was very bland. I would still pick them over a lot of over stuff though...

snw777

Chili peppers are great, but I must admit I like them most with John Frusciante.
Every album with John is great.

mr.sinister

I love RHCP. Remember that little bitch fight they got with Mr. Bungle back in the day? I think Red Hot Chili Peppers has a more accessible sound but Mr. Bungle has the real talent.  IMO Trevor Dunn > Flea.

RHCP, even though I love them, have gotten famous by writing the same song over and over again I totally agree with you NiChe

bright lights, big city

yeah don't get me wrong i consider myself a fan of RHCP, but how many songs in the last 3 albums find words that rhyme with states. at times i just find it annoying.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Hidalgo

RHCP are a GREAT GREAT band!

theshadeisatool

Indeed, they just lost a lot of their edginess and grit I guess. No doubt though they have had a huge influence on music since the late 80s I'd say...

Jacob

I liked them at the time they released Californication, which I loved until it exploded on the charts and every fucking one at my school became a RHCP fan. got sick of them really quick and since then they've just become another bland rock band writing songs for the mainstream while kissing MTV's ass.

I'm not saying a band has to be underground for me to love them. usually I'm just happy when a band I like releases a successful album. but the whole RHCP thing was just ridiculous.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theshadeisatool

Yeah definately. I enjoyed the period in early 99 before Californication mushroomed, just when they were promoting Scar Tissue, I seem to remember? By The Way was actually quite an enjoyable album - some of the album tracks were a bit more indie-esque than what they'd done before. But on the whole you're right they've blanded-out and not done much different or challenging....