Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Started by manic_bastard, Apr 03, 2006, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manic_bastard

alright. i figured i'd start another rhcp thread because their new single Dani California is now available to hear at their myspace.   http://www.myspace.com/redhotchilipeppers 

i'm definitely surprised because this song is way better than i expected. when i heard the little snippet i figured it was going to sound like another By The Way-ish mellow song. but it doesn't sound like it at all really. im digging it.

alright. im expecting an onslaught full of responses

reimdaheim

yeah dani california is okay for a first single. but i hope john doesn't have this kind of solo in every song. anthony's voice is good this way. it has some bssm touch.

Azwethinkweiz

Good thread.

Yeah, Dani California is really good. The chorus in the song is great.
I cant wait for the new album.

deftonekid

ohh i know u uploaded the song but i lost the link, so if u can post it again would be great :)

KingCrimson

huge fan of the chili peppers, i first got into them about 10 years ago.
i have them to thank for every band i get into these days, before i found the chilis i was your average idiot who listens to whats hot on the radio.

Hidalgo

chili peppers never never fail to deliver awesome tunes. i'm buying this album for sure.

Azwethinkweiz

fireflyry

Blood Sugar Sex Magic is in my Top 10 albums of all time.

Not a big fan of their recent stuff as it seems more melodic and radio orientated than funky but I was a huge fan up until Californacation.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Chrisbo

I don't know, I class Californication as one of their better works! It's By The Way that's melodic and radio orientated, and overall pretty average! But nothing beats Blood Sugar Sex Magik! And thankfully the new song sounds closer to that style!

They're great live too, I saw them back in 2003 in Glasgow with Foo Fighters and Queens Of The Stone Age, that was one of the best shows I've ever been to! They also played here in Edinburgh in 2004, that show probably wasnt as great as the other one, but hell they still kicked ass! Haha, John got out his mobile phone and started speaking to someone on stage. Turns out it was some kid who was ill, and John got the whole crowd (30,000 or something) to yell 'We love you Johnny', which was pretty cool! Hell they probably did that at every show on that tour but ah well, just thought I'd mention it.  :)

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

fireflyry

I should have said up to and including as I too like Californication but it seems that was also the beggining of a less aggressive and funky sound.Lot's of mellowness on that album.

It's not a criticism either as I still like their new material but I'm just not sure if I'd buy it.Compare Mothers Milk and their latest work and it's like listening to two different bands and I'm just a fan of their older work....so far...

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Chrisbo

Ah right that's cool! And yeah, I agree with you. I guess you could say there is alot of mellowness on Californication, the singles mostly and songs like Porcelain and that, but it's well balanced with more aggressive stuff, such as Parallel Universe and Around The World.

And yeah, they are a completely different band now compared to their 80s/early 90s. The new stuff (well I count By The Way as new stuff), albeit more experimental, is alot more snooze-inducing, but yeah, there's still some cool songs. Let's hope that the new album, they surprise us with some good ol' funk!  :)

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

dusttones

Below is a better quality verison of the new track.

RHCP - Dani California

Azwethinkweiz

Chrisbo

vida_mae

the zypher song video is on my top three fav videos of all time. im not sure whose concept or direction was done by, but i love that song and the video so much.

indychino

I would recommend any Chilli fan to read Anthony Keidis 'Scar Tissue'

Amazing, amazing read...John is the ultimate fuck up junkie, Flea is the coolest (esp. when he fell asleep riding a bike!!!!)

Anthony comes across as a bit of a dick...but he is really honest in the book

vida_mae

anthony is a scorpio.. they are all dicks.

deftonekid

Phoenix

I only have Californication and By the Way. and it's probably the only RHCP albums I can actually enjoy listening too.

I really love the new single Dani California, a great simple chorus. I don't mind the solo at the end, but I prefer the ones from Parrallel Universe, Purple Stain and Minor Thing (if you can call it solos)
Listen to my music at

indychino

John is up there as one of the greatest guitarists ever.
if you look at how they 'flopped' after One Hot Minute. they pretty much broke up and John injected so much talent back into the band. John and Flea are the best together.

A lot of his shit is so basic, but so imaginative