Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kisseveryscar

james needs to stop singin so much..and go back to screamin alot like he did back in the days..but this album will probably be like vanity..we'll see

died20times

vanity was one of the biggest dissapointments. that album just sucked. sounded like a failed attempt to sound like a heavier stone temple pilots. i don't know, seems like 18v gave in to what was popular at the time and tryed to add the little "emo" parts, but it didn't work out in their favor. i don't mind melodic singing but james just can't sing. if it sounds anything like vanity, i will be staying away from it. sounds like any of their material before vanity then i will most likely check it out.

Paint Your Lips

oh happy day!!

I found a great site today. Lots of cheap hardcore bands. They are all more the less unknown bands.

I found two really good artists:
DESTINY - diving into eternity (album)
ZYON - the wishing star (album)

Try and check 'em out, there are mp3's on the site.

http://mailorder.northpost.dk/

died20times

Quote from: "[Tribal"]oh happy day!!

I found a great site today. Lots of cheap hardcore bands. They are all more the less unknown bands.

I found two really good artists:

Try and check 'em out, there are mp3's on the site.

http://mailorder.northpost.dk/

i got that destiny cd. it's really good. reminds me a lot of older posion the well. i'll check that other band out.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"i got that destiny cd. it's really good. reminds me a lot of older posion the well. i'll check that other band out.

I'm so gonna buy that fucker. Do you know any other awesome bands on that site???

I can finally buy some cheap hardcore cd's!! I'm fucking happy!!

died20times

Quote from: "[Tribal"]
Quote from: "died20times"i got that destiny cd. it's really good. reminds me a lot of older posion the well. i'll check that other band out.

I'm so gonna buy that fucker. Do you know any other awesome bands on that site???

I can finally buy some cheap hardcore cd's!! I'm fucking happy!!

buy it man. you won't regret coughing up the 10 bucks they are asking for it.

i haven't heard of a lot of the bands on this site. a lot of music for me to check out. what i noticed about this site is that most of the bands being offered are european and a lot of the bands are already broken up. some of the cds i do know of and like from their selection besides destiny are...

poison the well- "distance makes the heart grow fonder" ptw's debut cd with the 2 original singers. one of them now sings in a jealousy issue (another great hardcore/metalcore band). great cd.
eden maine - "the treachery pact" crazy UK tech metal. kurt ballou produced so you know its worth at least one listen.
undying - "whispered lies of angels" good metalcore
as we fight - "the darkness of apocalypse has fallen before us "
day of contempt - "see through the lies"
dead blue sky - "symptoms of an unwanted emotion"
a shroud cast over - "melodies from my heart to the grave"
and they are also offering a grip of great compilations

thanks for dirrecting me towards this site. i got a lot of bnads to check out now!

BigDave

Eden Maine are playing in my town, in my school in March.  Be jealous

died20times

your school allows crazy bands like eden maine use it as a venue? thats insane, yet very cool.

BigDave

Its a community chool, so the hall can be rented out, then its the responsibility of the people that hired it.  I dont think theyve heard of eden maine lol.  The other week they had some emo band called Days in december play, not quite as mental but at least my towns getting soem signed bands down.  Soon Jonny Truany should be playing, and The Hurt Process.

ragdoll

Quote from: "BigDave"Its a community chool, so the hall can be rented out, then its the responsibility of the people that hired it.  I dont think theyve heard of eden maine lol.  The other week they had some emo band called Days in december play, not quite as mental but at least my towns getting soem signed bands down.  Soon Jonny Truany should be playing, and The Hurt Process.

Est-ce que tu sais http://www.ampwireuk.com/?

(sorry just felt like speaking french  8) )

died20times

johny traunt owns. UK has a lot of good bands coming out lately.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"thanks for dirrecting me towards this site. i got a lot of bnads to check out now!
When you think of all the times you've helped me finding bands, then i'm just glad i could "help" you this time.

subject

untill the ink runs out is much better then vanity. their early ep's are good too.

defskull

have you guys heard of Premonitions of War? they are a pretty good hardcore/metal-core band

died20times

Quote from: "defskull"have you guys heard of Premonitions of War? they are a pretty good hardcore/metal-core band

http://www.deftonesworld.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=475

kisseveryscar

Premonitions of War doesnt even come to close been hardcore

died20times

Quote from: "kisseveryscar"Premonitions of War doesnt even come to close been hardcore

yea. they're not even metalcore. i still think they fuckin shred though.

kisseveryscar

oh yeah .its brutal. fuckin metal man..damn

Paint Your Lips

I'm gonna buy these suckers today. Well order them. Can't wait till i get them.  8)

THE COALFIELD - transmitter (album)
A SHROUD CAST OVER - melodies from my heart (5-song EP)
COMPLETE - adjusting the perpetual emotion machine (album)

And it's gonna cost me about: 40 dollars.