Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

do you guys consider ATDI emo or hardcore.

died20times

Quote from: "c-shells"do you guys consider ATDI emo or hardcore.

it's like post-punk/hardcore

Anghellic

ya know. i'm gonna take some shit for this, but yeah Vanity was not all that great...and this new song is no great accomplishment, but...i have to say...i'm a die hard 18 visions fan...and even though the new stuff may not be so good...just remember the old stuff. i don't know, it really bothers me to hear this song and have it sound so...radio friendly...but nonetheless, i'll pay to see them live with whoever they are, and i will still buy the album and all the new merch and blah blah blah. great guys, i know that much.

<3 ryan

died20times

they're still a good band and have lots of talent but it just seems they are just doing whats popular at the moment to get more exposure and i'm not down with that.

BigDave

Quote from: "[Tribal"]
Quote from: "died20times"i like Thursday damnit!  :x

Me too, i have two of their albums. I just don't want Norma Jean to sound like them. :D

Theyre two totally different bands, so yea, if NJ did that it would be stupid.  But whats sad is, if NJ do bring some melody, there will be so many cries of the S-O word :?

I saw Arameus last night, worth checking out, fans of Poison The Well, Hopesfall, Norma Jean:

//www.arameus.net/ep

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "BigDave"Theyre two totally different bands, so yea, if NJ did that it would be stupid.  But whats sad is, if NJ do bring some melody, there will be so many cries of the S-O word :?
S-O word??

onlythclouds

anyone like as i lay dying?

they are fucking incredible

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "15 Stitches"anyone like as i lay dying?

they are fucking incredible

I think i downloaded one of their albums but deleted it again. Name some songs i should download. :D

died20times

norma jean's lyrics are already "emo" as fuck, just they aren't being sung, but screamed. so i welcome the idea of bringing in some melodic singing as long as it sounds alright and the music stays chunky and heavy.

@15 Stitches
as i lay dying fucking shred dude. their newest album "Frail Words Collapse" is one of my faviorates from last year. it's so fuckin thick and metallic and the breakdowns are some of the heaviest i have ever heard. their other releases are nice too. Beneath The Encasing of Ashes and their split with american tragedy.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"norma jean's lyrics are already "emo" as fuck, just they aren't being sung, but screamed. so i welcome the idea of bringing in some melodic singing as long as it sounds alright and the music stays chunky and heavy.

I agree 100%!!

I'm just downloading "Frail Words Collapse". We'll see if it is as good as you say Mr. 20 Times.

onlythclouds

Quote from: "died20times"norma jean's lyrics are already "emo" as fuck, just they aren't being sung, but screamed. so i welcome the idea of bringing in some melodic singing as long as it sounds alright and the music stays chunky and heavy.

I agree 100%!!

I'm just downloading "Frail Words Collapse". We'll see if it is as good as you say Mr. 20 Times.

its definitely that good......the songs: 94 hours, behind me lies another fallen soldier, song 10 and forever are my favs

BigDave

Quote from: "BigDave"Theyre two totally different bands, so yea, if NJ did that it would be stupid.  But whats sad is, if NJ do bring some melody, there will be so many cries of the S-O word :?
S-O word??

Sell outs :roll:

NOW DOWNLOAD THE ARAMEUS EP!  NOW!!!

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "15 Stitches"its definitely that good......the songs: 94 hours, behind me lies another fallen soldier, song 10 and forever are my favs
Just listened to: 94 Hours.

And it was that album i deleted. It didn't appeal to me at all. Everytime i listened to it, i ended up playing something else cuz it got boring.

@ Big D
On my way, mate. :wink:

died20times

Solid State Tour - Norma Jean, Haste The Day, Underoath, Beloved, and Dead Poetic

3/10 Ft. Smith, AR Phoenix Village Mall
3/11 Dallas, TX The Door
3/12 Corpus Christi, TX Equaleyez
3/13 Houston, TX Mary Janes Club Fat Cat
3/14 San Antonio, TX Sin 13
3/17 Phoenix, AZ The Mason Jar
3/18 San Diego, CA Soma
3/19 Anaheim, CA House Of Blues
3/20 San Francisco, CA The Pound
3/21 Roseville, CA The Underground
3/22 Portland, OR Meow Meow
3/23 Seattle, WA Graceland
3/26 Salt Lake City, UT Albee Square
3/27 Denver, CO Cervantes
3/28 Kansas City, MO Spitfire
3/31 Detroit, MI St. Andrews Hall
4/01 Indianapolis, IN Emerson Theater
4/02 Cleveland, OH Pirates Cove
4/03 Allston, MA ICC Church
4/04 Farmington, NY Downtown
4/06 Syracuse, NY The Furnace
4/08 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero

Every Time I Die, As I Lay Dying, The BLack Dahlia Murder, and Scarlet

03/23 Indianapolis, IN
03/24 Detroit, MI ,
03/25 Cleveland, OH
03/26 Buffalo, NY
03/27 Toronto, ON
03/28 Montreal, QC
03/30 Providence, RI
03/31 New York, NY
04/01 Philadelphia, PA
04/02 Balitmore, MD
04/03 Richmond, VA
04/04 Charlotte, NC
04/05 Atlanta, GA ,
04/06 St. Petersburg, FL ,
04/07 Orlando, FL ,
04/09 Houston, TX
04/10 Dallas, TX
04/11 San Antonio, TX
04/13 Phoenix, AZ
04/14 West Hollywood, CA
04/15 San Diego, CA
04/17 Petaluma, CA
04/18 San Francisco, CA
04/20 Denver, CO
04/21 Kansas City, MO
04/23 Chicago, IL
[/b]

died20times

Quote from: "BigDave"
NOW DOWNLOAD THE ARAMEUS EP!  NOW!!!

just downloaded it. the bass kinda sounds "korny" with how thick it sounds but it sounds pretty awesome. loving the dual vocal assault. this is good melodic hardcore/metalcore. thanks for the tip.

Jerry_Curls

Yeah...this thread is too long to look at band names so I shall post the bands I <3 :

The Blood Brothers
The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower
Swing Kids
The Crimson Curse
The Locust
Some Girls
Circle Takes the Square
Poison the Well
Saosin (R.I.P.)
A Thorn for Every Heart
Kill Me Tomorrow
Converge
Curl Up and Die
An Albatross
Saetia (R.I.P.)
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Death Wish Kids
Get Hustle
The Red Light sting
The Chiodos Bros
The Bled
Kissing Tigers
The Rock Goggle Fantasy
Pink Handgrenade
The Faint
Erase Errata
A Fall Farewell
The Agony Scene
Thursday
Alexisonfire
Fear Before the March of Flames
Thrice
Into the Moat
Dillenger Escape Plan
The Mars Volta
Anatomy of a Ghost
The Vanishing
The Stitches]
Le Shok
My Chemical Romance
N*Sync
Every Time I Die
Glassjaw
Hanson
The Kinison
and many more...
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

died20times

a nice list you have there with the exception of a few bands.

Paint Your Lips

Arameus have good potential. They make great music. Though, the vocals didn't really impress me, the growls were too light for my taste, sounded like an angry mickey mouse at times. :D

@ Jerry_Curls
Good list, dude. - Welcome, btw.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: "died20times"a nice list you have there with the exception of a few bands.

What would the exception be, may i ask?  :D
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

died20times

the obvious mention of n*shit and hanson of course, and just some of the emo-core and post hardcore bands you have mentioned (saosin, anatomy of a ghost, a thorn for every heart, the kinison, thrice and a couple others). fear before the march of flames own though, gotta support my local bands. good to see another saetia fan too (real screamo fa sho). the rest of the bands i like. no worries. :D