Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Pantera

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Jul 30, 2006, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

The best riffs ever in metal belong to this guy imo.
And now Mastodon is getting in line, but they still can't beat the Dime...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

law

Yeah Mastodon are doing fucking well. I mean they are very highly respected now, especially after the tour with Tool... but fuck me, Pantera owned in all ways!

tarkil

Oh yeah, Pantera owns...

And yeah, I'd gladly fuck you my man... :)

Swords

Pantera always kicked everybodys ass.
FYIHYD

theshadeisatool

It's fucking lamentable that this band is not still around and that dimebag is not with us. Shameful beyond shame.

Breach Unborn

i watch the Pantera: Behind the Music every time it's on

White Wrist

I love them...about racism...here is something i saw some time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iQZEBBg7hE

Sleep

Quote from: tarkil on Dec 08, 2006, 04:37 PM

amen.  what a GREAT metal band...
anyone dig damageplan at all? they were lucky to have dime for a short time.

Black Elvis

people will give him more props then he deserves because hes dead. but they do to everyone so oh well.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

Subliminal

Quote from: tarkil on Dec 08, 2006, 04:37 PM

Thing is Mastodon aren't metal, They're more Progressive Metal (they're amazing though) I really don't see the comparison to Pantera when it comes to them.

The band closest to Pantera is Lamb of God, They have that power groove and speed style to them, Plus they have mind blowing riffs, Just like Dimebag had fuckin crazy shit.

Dimebag was underrated for sure though, He was fuckin' killer at guitar, I never knew how much he was loved untill he was dead though, Which is always the way i spose.

theshadeisatool

Yeah Pantera/Lamb Of God both have more of a thrash strain to them than Mastodon. Mastodon are a an odd one, I love their sound - they've got a hardcore-ish sound as in Blood and Thunder yet can also be quite sludgy like on some of the tracks on Blood Mountain, definitely more prog than Pantera, etc.

BLUMPKIN

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 03, 2007, 12:56 AM
people will give him more props then he deserves because hes dead. but they do to everyone so oh well.

thats not fucking true at all, he has always been considered one of the best guitarists ever, the only difference is many people never heard of how great he was until his death made the headlines

listen to the solo on floods and honestly tell me that shit isnt absolutely unbelievable, his technical abilities were second to none.....not to mention just about every "heavy" guitarist has borrowed a riff from him at some point in time

like pantera or not, no one can deny that he is right up there with clapton, hendrix, SRV, and eddie van halen as the best to ever live

no

they shot the wrong guy in the face. then again, maybe not.

tarkil

Quote from: Subliminal on Jun 03, 2007, 01:16 AM
Thing is Mastodon aren't metal, They're more Progressive Metal (they're amazing though) I really don't see the comparison to Pantera when it comes to them.

The band closest to Pantera is Lamb of God, They have that power groove and speed style to them, Plus they have mind blowing riffs, Just like Dimebag had fuckin crazy shit.

Dimebag was underrated for sure though, He was fuckin' killer at guitar, I never knew how much he was loved untill he was dead though, Which is always the way i spose.

TO me the link between Pantera and Mastodon is that both are just plain, in your face "riff-metal". Even though you say Mastodon is not metal, but "progressive metal" (which I could agree with), I'm not fond of over distinguishing genres, so I'll stick with metal for them.
But I can see where you or theshadeisatool ar going with the prg metal and enven hxc sludgy stuff cause it's quite true...

xDeadstar

And what you guys said about Lamb of God beeing more eqaul too Pantera is also true, at least in my eyes it is.
But there's one slight difference, LoG vocallist has a more deeper and rawer voice than the sanger of Pantera had.

Black Elvis

Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Jun 05, 2007, 11:27 PM
Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 03, 2007, 12:56 AM

thats not fucking true at all, he has always been considered one of the best guitarists ever, the only difference is many people never heard of how great he was until his death made the headlines

listen to the solo on floods and honestly tell me that shit isnt absolutely unbelievable, his technical abilities were second to none.....not to mention just about every "heavy" guitarist has borrowed a riff from him at some point in time

like pantera or not, no one can deny that he is right up there with clapton, hendrix, SRV, and eddie van halen as the best to ever live

shut up.

i know how good he is and pantera and damageplan and oh yeah ever checked out rebel meets rebel? that was gonna be his truest mending of country and metal. Cowboys do more dope.

and he definitley gets more props because hes dead, and fuck srv and eddie van halen, bunch of racists, srv doesnt do shit for me, and saying dimebag is as good as them, sure why not, he made riffs and solos and sold records so why not right?

all you can see is all you can say.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

theis

theis

hahaha, anyone seen this? Madonna playing the intro to A New Level.

Wtf!?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EHy_2qx1suo

whodunit?

this band sucked balls. the only good thing they did was BLACK SABBATH's "Planet Caravan" cover.