Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Yeah, that podcast interview was great - the info on him growing up and forming the band with Stephen was especially interesting.

Vesanic

Had the chance to be interviewed about DeftonesLive by Musically Meditated Podcast. Loved the experience, check it out on Spotify and Stitcher!

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/musically-meditated-podcast/e/76553363?autoplay=true
https://open.spotify.com/episode/3NFdd0bWceT2RJUAtgNjGj?si=sryg7ZrIQ5-lo8_z23DbhQ

Hidalgo

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 01, 2020, 05:52 AM
Had the chance to be interviewed about DeftonesLive by Musically Meditated Podcast. Loved the experience, check it out on Spotify and Stitcher!

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/musically-meditated-podcast/e/76553363?autoplay=true
https://open.spotify.com/episode/3NFdd0bWceT2RJUAtgNjGj?si=sryg7ZrIQ5-lo8_z23DbhQ
nice interview. listened to the whole thing. you think there's any way to find out their exact record sales? last list we saw in jan 2007. i don't understand why RIAA doesn't  make a website with exact sales numbers (not just is it gold or platinum). also has Gore ever been remixed? cause i really like the album, but man that mix is rough

Vesanic

I think you can find some numbers out there, not sure you can find the actual, accurate figures anywhere. These are probably important data reserved for professionals? Idk to be honest.

Thanks for listening!

LG95

Be cool if someone could upload the new Revolver Magazine feature on WP. Don't think I can get hold of it in the UK without paying a huge shipping fee.
I could float here forever

LG95

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 05, 2020, 01:46 PM
Be cool if someone could upload the new Revolver Magazine feature on WP. Don't think I can get hold of it in the UK without paying a huge shipping fee.
Anyone got this? Particularly interested in them interviewing Maynard about WP.

LG95

Someone on the Tool subreddit copied up the Maynard references from the Revolver White Pony feature.

Quote"'Great album, one of their best,' says Tool singer Maynard James Keenan, who duets with Moreno on moody standout track "Passenger," and played a brief but impactful role during some of the writing sessions."

"There was a new character in the room with them, as well: Maynard James Keenan. The Tool singer had been hanging out with Moreno, and he came to Mates [Rehearsal Studios] to socialize, while also weighing in on arrangements, riff structures, time signatures. "We had this idea that he was going to executive-produce," Moreno remembers. "It wasn't really clarified, but he was down to help us work on the record."

Cunningham mainly recalls Keenan coming around with bottles of champagne and Tibetan Singing Bowls -- instruments used by Buddhist monks in meditation practice, and as a path toward stress relief and emotional clarity, soothing your weary theta brain waves. The metal bowls are played by tapping or rubbing with a wooden mallet.

"I was told the guys were having a bit of writer's block or some turmoil within the band. Who knows? They certainly weren't going to discuss that with me, an almost total stranger," Keenan says now. He recalls the band as good company and "very strong-willed gents. Dare I say stubborn. ... Up to that point, they seemed to have been able to navigate through their differences in ideas and approaches. Great first efforts. The evidence is all there. I felt like they just needed a bit of new perspective."

"I had them each switch instruments, play on the bowls, take one loop and try some improvisation," Keenan adds. "The look on their faces was priceless. I might as well have been wearing hippie beads and bunny ears. I could just feel Stephen thinking, 'What kind of acid-trip crap is this?"

Moreno remembers Keenan contributing to a few songs-in-progress, particularly "Passenger." As that piece was coming together musically, Keenan was inspired to step behind the mic to improvise a vocal melody. But his incipient executive-producer role didn't stick and the singer got busy with another new act: A Perfect Circle. Keenan also felt his place as instigator/coach/counselor was mostly completed.

"I stuck around long enough for them to start itching to not have me around," he says. "Eventually, it was time for me to let them be. The result of my interruption was for them to unconsciously remember or feel what connected them in the first place. By the time I saw them again, they had opened their own creative floodgates."

One of the final tracks completed was "Passenger," partly because Moreno still heard echoes of Keenan's spontaneous vocal melody from the Mates [Rehearsal Studios] writing sessions. Moreno invited him back, and they both sketched out lyrics to wail amid the song's eerie swirl of sounds. [Terry] Date remembers the Tool singer coming by the studio several times. "I think he and Chino's brains work very much the same. Maynard likes to do his vocals after the music is recorded, and Chino's the same way," says the producer. Keenan recalls being content at the recording session "to assume the role that I've become accustomed to: Most pieces in place, now navigate the puzzle in front of you."

snw9

Code: [Select]

Vesanic

So apparently this radio based in Mexico will host a live interview on facebook with the band at 3pm local time tomorrow

https://www.instagram.com/p/CESP6UPhDtC/?igshid=1w2l6uljvebku

sharinglungs

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Vesanic

sharinglungs

Ah ok, I got the time figured out for when they'll be live my time now! Only 5 more hours

Vesanic

Inkblades

Steph was on the B-Real podcast again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI0geuo4Ekk

GR1X7S

Inkblades

I haven't watched all of it but they do touch on the video.