Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Quote from: dawg on Mar 17, 2016, 06:42 PM
Interview with Chino from the german magazin Fuze.
Too lazy to translate it but to sum it up:

• their creative process is based on Stef and his differences, otherwise Gore would be his solo record
• back in the day they literally used to fight about songs, now they talk it out and see what's best for the song
• compared to Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan they took their time with Gore
• Chino learns from his side projects

What is the part about SNW, please?
Code: [Select]

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 18, 2016, 03:43 PM
What is the part about SNW, please?

The interviewer asks if Chino was on the verge of leaving the band during the SNW writing process. He said it's been the worst period of their career and there was almost no communication between the band members at the time. Basically he needed a break and focused on Team Sleep for a while.

tldr; nothing we don't already know

sharinglungs

New Kerrang on Wednesday.. hopefully someone grabs it and scans it

N0S3BLEED976

God, I hate these flashy, obnoxious magazines like Kerrang

kurtone

This probably makes me sound like an asshole but I really wish magazines/interviews would stop using the whole Chi accident/passing away angle.

RavinVsFlud

Fucking Bushwick Bill. Nice!

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/03/deftones-sxsw-2016

Deftones Rock SXSW, Bring Out Bushwick Bill as Special Guest: Review

An unexpected guest verse from the rapper and some throwback songs made for a memorable set

By Friday afternoon at SXSW 2016, the wear and tear of a few nights well partied wore on the faces of most attendees. It was humid and hot, but that didn't stop hundreds from lining up for Deftones at SPIN Magazine's annual Austin bash at the famed Stubb's downtown.

Half an hour prior to their set, Vince Staples rocked through his own—he was great, but managed to make an aside of "I feel like I'm at a slave auction," remarking on the audience's unenthusiastic demeanor. That negativity dispersed the moment Chino Moreno and crew hit the stage, launching into a career-spanning set.

The Stubb's gig was the band's first set at SXSW, and came ahead of their upcoming album, Gore, which is their first full-length in four years. It hasn't been too long of a wait, but considering the group's consistency, it's enough to make everyone feel anxious with anticipation. In a live setting, that translated to a packed afternoon set, with fans and unfamiliar folk alike beaming with excitement.

A few songs into their set, Geto Boys rapper Bushwick Bill joined the California alt-metal icons. It began with a simple "When I say 'Def,' you say 'Tones,'" chant, later unraveling into a surprise guest verse. Perhaps most endearing was that all of this took place while Deftones played "Digital Bath" from 2000's White Pony. When they say certain things can only happen at SXSW, they mean it.

The entire set comprised of songs both new and old, each with the same level of response from the crowd. When you've been a band as long as Deftones have, you have a lot of material to parse through...it's interesting to see who screams the loudest for what albums. It appeared the diehard fans most enjoyed the White Pony throwbacks, whereas early 20-somethings were in it for the Saturday Night Wrist references.

"Doomed User," the latest Gore track, too, was met with much applause. The band's energy mirrored this—Moreno climbed into the crowd and jumped high on the stage, as everyone else threw their instruments around like they were one of the many young punk bands playing the festival. For them, and for that performance, it was a welcome respite of rock 'n' roll. In Texas, things are bigger...and at this Deftones performance, they were heavier.

Vesanic

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Mar 18, 2016, 10:21 PM
whereas early 20-somethings were in it for the Saturday Night Wrist references.

They didn't play anything from Saturday Night Wrist. Or maybe she meant they wanted something off SNW?

shoop

"Doomed User," the latest Gore track, too, was met with much applause." - I thought they didn't play that? It's not on that setlist pic at least, and I haven't seen any clips of it online yet.

Far away

'The band that changed rock' wow... you guys agree on that?

Inkblades

Lol...it's pretty hyperbolic. However, they are my favorite band of all time and are also perpetually underrated by pretty much everyone, so I don't mind them getting their asses kissed on the cover of a major publication.

Menos el Oso

Here's the video of Digital Bath with the appearance by Bushwick Bill.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCGsZH2axsY

ANattyRat

Well, they changed nu-metal or helped redefine it. The entirety of rock though? Nah.

LG95

I'd say they're pretty influential for a lot of bands but I wouldn't say their impact has 'changed rock music'.
I could float here forever

Reichward

It's just marketing, don't think too much of it. I bet there are many bands who "changed rock" when it comes to Kerrang's magazine covers.

LG95

Quote from: Reichward on Mar 19, 2016, 12:53 PM
It's just marketing, don't think too much of it. I bet there are many bands who "changed rock" when it comes to Kerrang's magazine covers.
In a couple of years they'll probably be saying 5SOS and twenty one pilots have changed rock music. This sort of thing is just their way of trying to appeal to genuine rock fans rather than the bullshit they promote nowadays.
I could float here forever

sooniletugo

I hate that all these asshole journalists have heard the album and we gotta wait another 3 weeks.

cvthedrv

Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 19, 2016, 06:05 PM
I hate that all these asshole journalists have heard the album and we gotta wait another 3 weeks.

sharinglungs

we dont have to wait 3 weeks, it'll leak before April 8th.. maybe next week or the week after.

kurtone

Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 19, 2016, 08:38 PM
we dont have to wait 3 weeks, it'll leak before April 8th.. maybe next week or the week after.

I'm predicting it leaks by next weekend

sing blue silver

They seem to be doing a good job keeping this one under wraps so far judging by how many advance copies are already out there. I'm gonna say it leaks a week before release or so once physical copies start getting distributed.