Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Ian Cohen made a 30 top Deftones songs list:

https://uproxx.com/indie/deftones-best-songs-ranked/

Trigger warning: he didn't include Pink Maggit but did include Pink Cellphone.

LG95

To be fair, he does prefice his list with this:

QuoteFor those who prefer a sampler, here's one man's choice of 30 Deftones songs — it's hard to say whether they're the best, but taken together, they're a comprehensive overview of one the 21st century's most rewarding bands.
I could float here forever

Visionz

Who had the final say in the cover of 2003's slf titled record? Maddox? Idk?! Ben a fan since way before and it struck me tonight watching a june 2003 vid (Puuklepop?) and the backdrop hit me that one of my skate decks has been holding that cover of for 16 yrs...who chose the skull n roses?! Anyone?!

Visionz

As much as I'd like to say Chino thinks of his own lyrics, I would just like to say I know for a fact that Robert Smith is more than you know, a huge inspiration on his lyrics and melody's.
Just listen to disintegration, wish, Bloodflowers,... you want waves? WAter?  Feeling? Etc...?

Visionz

Chino's my fav btw... dont slap me

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on Dec 01, 2020, 06:14 PM
Ian Cohen made a 30 top Deftones songs list:

https://uproxx.com/indie/deftones-best-songs-ranked/

Trigger warning: he didn't include Pink Maggit but did include Pink Cellphone.

His top 3 consists in their 3 most played singles.  ;)

976-EVIL

Korea continues to be underrated, loved the description  though lol
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

976-EVIL

That said, I recall the "Lotion Frog Video"  from way back. Anyone remember? I'd love to see that lyric interpretation again.

Inkblades

There's a leaked Trippie Redd song featuring Chino floating around. It's okay.

Penicks

https://youtu.be/yXr7JKn1omo

what was chino doing in the middle of the road

Draken

probably either reflecting on his choices for Black Stallion or checking his inventory.

from_musings

chino trippin' balls during dark days era

976-EVIL

Eight Years went by so Fast

Missing CHI CHING Tonight, Poet

Draken

well, see you all in another three years...

Inkblades

Ha, well, this place will hopefully see some traffic when ††† drops.

Inkblades

Chino said recently (I can't remember where, probably that podcast he did) that they meet up once a month (sans Sergio because east coast and Quicksand) so that could potentially mean they are plotting the next album. Watch this space, I guess.

nicklav

Visionz

A gift from Steph for humanity on xmas! The sound is probably the best I have access to today also.

Draken

Inkblades

Sergio's departure really has me wondering about the future of Deftones. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Chino say once he wanted to end Deftones when he was 50? That's not far from now. My prediction: they release Eros next year, go on a farewell tour and then end the band (keep in mind that my Deftones-related predictions are usually wrong.)