Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight

Started by ben, Mar 20, 2007, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

The prologue of 6 minutes is fucking great. I cant wait for this movie !!!!!
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

13hourstoparadise

Hell yeah, this movie is going to rock!

theis

Another new amazing poster.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

shine down unshy

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Well guys is time for a second trailer http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-dark-knight/bootleg-trailer-2

Plus 3 news pics in yahoo http://movies.yahoo.com/slideshows/generic/thedarkknight.html

This movie is gonna be fucking awesome, the trailer 2 will be available on line next sunday in the meantime enjoy and discuss
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

without a doubt, my most anticipated movie ever.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

theis

AMAZING!

I love that you get a glimpse of Two-Face.

theis

Concept artwork for Two-Face... it's legit.

So fucking awesome. Looks like Nolan is pushing the PG-13 rating to the limit!

rainnyx4

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 05, 2008, 09:36 PM
Concept artwork for Two-Face... it's legit.

So fucking awesome. Looks like Nolan is pushing the PG-13 rating to the limit!

It's really starting to get on my nerves that all of the superhero movies have to be PG-13.  While Dark Knight will still probably be awesome, I still feel that to properly tell the story of certain characters an R rating would be needed.  Batman, Wolverine, Punisher, Daredevil, etc. all need R rated films.

defskull

Why would have to be rated R?

Batman movies don't rely on foul language, so that wouldn't push the limit.  Batman doesn't kill people, so it's not like he'd be extremely violent. If the villains were to kill people, why would it have to be violent to the point where it makes it an R rating. 

There are some movies that definitely should be rated R, but I don't feel like Batman is one of them.  It wouldn't feel like Batman anymore if it was gory or bloody.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on May 06, 2008, 05:11 AM

Batman movies don't rely on foul language, so that wouldn't push the limit.  Batman doesn't kill people, so it's not like he'd be extremely violent. If the villains were to kill people, why would it have to be violent to the point where it makes it an R rating. 

There are some movies that definitely should be rated R, but I don't feel like Batman is one of them.  It wouldn't feel like Batman anymore if it was gory or bloody.

it is a dark series i guess.
but then again tim burton manages to make dark movies that are PG or PG-13
DERP

shine down unshy

Just saw the second trailer and oh my fucking god is this movie going to kick ass.

theis

just watched Batman Begins again.

still amazing.

and The Dark Knight will be even better i'm sure...

bright lights, big city

anyone else get chills from hearing the joker's laugh? prolly heath ledger's greatest role
DERP

fireflyry

Quote from: defskull on May 06, 2008, 05:11 AM

I disagree.

The comics have tons of gore and Batman has been one of the more violent and adult themed comics since the mid to late 80's.I agree other comic-themed films such as Spiderman, F4, Superman, etc, should keep it relatively clean for the kids but Batman is an exception imo.

I think a lot of people are still caught up on the earlier TV and movie interpretations which were more to the G rating standard when the relevant modern day interpretation of Batman, specifically started by "Frank Miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" series (which was one of the first mainstream comic book series from a major publisher to acknowledge the average age of comic book fans and purchasers of comics is actually 25 ) , has changed vastly and is far more mature in both nature and content.

Being true and, more importantly, relevant to both what the "hardcore" fans are actually reading now and giving the actual majority of Batman fans, e.g 25 year olds, want they want on screen makes sense to both the fans and the bank balance of the producers hence why Batman Returns did so well both at the bank and critically.

The movie is a direct reflection of the comic book scene and content that is popular today, not in the 70's.Comics don't even have a direct rating system, apart from the Comics Code Authority (CCA) which nobody uses, so you would actually be surprised to know that there is A LOT of adult content in comics so it makes sense to reflect that in the movie versions.

If anything it's actually the previous films that were untrue to the theme, philosophy and maturity of the Batman character and his fans and it's only now that the movie makers are starting to catch up to both the fact that the majority of comic and comic themed/inspired movie fans are not ten year old kids and that Batman is indeed a pretty pissed of guy that enjoys his blood baths.

The days of Batman running around in a quasi-musical G-Rated snore fest  with Arnie one-liners are over and I for one am thankful.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

wither-I

it would be great if they did the movie in "The Crow" style and fashion, especially city of angels... IGGY! IGGY!

"coming into the nearness of distance"