Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight

Started by ben, Mar 20, 2007, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

^ same here.
i try (not too hard) to stay away from all the glitter and glee wrapped around these things. you may just be let down, hard.
i guess it helps since i never really watch tv either, or go practically anywhere on the internet.
i just listen to you guys ;)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Jerry_Curls

Just saw it on IMAX at the Universal Citywalk. My friend was part of the viral marketing and last week they gave him a free ticket plus 1. Went right after work, got off the subway and up that stupid hill on a tram. My friends were waiting there since 12 earlier today so they were second in line. HOLLA.. Waited for a bit, a lot of people dressed up as Joker. You could feel the excitement.

They let us into the theatre like at 8, they couldn't play the movie yet because they were waiting for the movie to come to the screen. So I took a nap while everyone is all crazy. Woke up and then 5 mins later, it starts. THIS SHIT IS AMAZING ON IMAX. The move is so crisp and just feels really...special. Lots of sweeping city views that add drama, lots of great acting this time around. The first one was great, but this one gets the ball rolling in the first minute. The movie is pretty long, but I didn't care. Lots of action, lots of twists and turns. Just what I expected and more.

I have to say, Heath' performance was amazing. I'm not just channeling what the reviews have said, I'm stating my opinion and it was....so good. Like..it blows my mind how good he was. There was always a smile on my face when he was on the screen. Maggie Gyllenhal's acting is SO much better than Katies. I actually felt like I cared for her.

So all in al, I thought it was a great movie that is sure to please.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

theis

you lucky sob! glad to hear it's great ;)

bright lights, big city

awesome dude. great review. i can't wait!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jaw Knee

10 hours and 16 minutes...

devilinside

mrs_swa

There is a midnight showing tonight at our theater, but I have noone to go with me. ...sigh...  :(
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

devilinside

And it's not sold out? Wow....all the theaters within 50 miles of me are sold out till saturday or sunday I think.

oldgentlovecraft

bright lights, big city

3 hours! got tix for a 12:06 showing!!
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

words cannot describe this movie's greatness, it was everything it was hyped to be and so much more.
the insane twists, the creepy sound playing whenever the joker was on, the ACTING of Heath Ledger, the classic good vs. evil story, EVERYTHING about this movie was pure brilliance
I have never left the theater feeling so satisfied....everyone go see this movie. it was near perfection
DERP

theis

my pants are getting moist.

devilinside

Hahahah ewwwww.......

devlin

my son and i are dying to see this. the only problem is he is only 6. anyone seen the movie think that its to much for kids. i heard its pretty violent, how much cursing and nudity is there?

wither-I

good.
but not that good. didnt live up to the sum of its own measure. still good though. this is what happens when "mediating -forces" control proclamation.

dont get me wrong it was really good and entertaining.

but far from "brilliant". or "near perfect".

-brilliant films change lives.
-and blockbuster-smash-hits make dicks hard and kids want to climb up the roof role-playing.

bless Heath.

bright lights, big city

i didnt find any flaws with film, i've been thinking about the ending and ledger's performance ALL day today

by the way it might be little much for a 6 year old, in my opinion. there is some violence, but also just the overall theme and tone are probably better understood by someone closer to 13 or so
DERP

cyppe101

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 18, 2008, 08:16 AM
words cannot describe this movie's greatness, it was everything it was hyped to be and so much more.
the insane twists, the creepy sound playing whenever the joker was on, the ACTING of Heath Ledger, the classic good vs. evil story, EVERYTHING about this movie was pure brilliance
I have never left the theater feeling so satisfied....everyone go see this movie. it was near perfection

Damn..

rainnyx4

You know, people keep talking about this movie and how the violence may scare children and I don't get it.  I was never afraid of violence when I was a kid.  I grew up watching R-rated movies.  In fact, I remember being obsessed with the American Ninja films which had plenty of people dying in them.  There's even the famous incident of a babysitter allowing me, my older brothers, and my younger sister to watch The Exorcist.  My sister did end up having nightmares but we blame that on her being a girl.  The only movie that I can remember really scaring me was Labyrinth.  I really had to work up the nerve to get past the part where David Bowie first appears in the kid's room.

Frankly, I'm more disturbed by violent images now.  I think when I was a kid I really understood that movies weren't real and so someone dying on screen wasn't any different than blowing up an E-frame on ExoSquad.  But now that I've gotten older and had people in my life die and seen tragedy and gore in real life, the things depicted in fantasy have more of an effect.

wither-I

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Jul 18, 2008, 11:49 PM

Frankly, I'm more disturbed by violent images now.  I think when I was a kid I really understood that movies weren't real and so someone dying on screen wasn't any different than blowing up an E-frame on ExoSquad.  But now that I've gotten older and had people in my life die and seen tragedy and gore in real life, the things depicted in fantasy have more of an effect.

agree.

i watched movies like "seven" when i was a little kid, but i know whatcha mean
werd.

wither-I

they shouldve named this movie "The Joker"

it was really good though.