Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight

Started by ben, Mar 20, 2007, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

hmmmm nananana batman

devilinside

LOL @ Flamboyantly bisexual sidekicks in tights!!

Corleone

yeah i thought that was funny... and confusing  :-\ >:(

cyppe101

Going to see it tomorrow..

lostpilot

watched it tonight, I actually liked it.
liked the Joker very very much
and though I'm not a fan of Batman, I loved how the movie was made, in general, atmosphere etc

still I do not understand why is it #1 in imdb. it's decent, close to good, but not THAT good..
cheers

nonesuch

wow, your right,  number one on the all time list,   i thought it was definitely great, transcendent even,  but best movie of all time...
i drink your milkshake

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

nonesuch

well since you put it that way,    i guess yes,   it is the greatest film ever made in the history of cinema
i drink your milkshake

wither-I

Quote from: bored on Jul 27, 2008, 12:03 AM
still I do not understand why is it #1 in imdb. it's decent, close to good, but not THAT good..
cheers
good to see we're not all caught up in the hoopla.
i liked it, it was good, but best movie ever, or even one of the best is just a stretch too far fuckers.

i mean i can point out some obvious reasons why its FAR from a perfect score.
for instance (batman's little onry scowl he does whenever he's trying to confuse his true identity) im sorry but its just plain dumb; bad direction, acting, and writing all in that horrid little sequence, trite at its most truest fashion and it UNDERMINES the rest of the movie because its like a scratch on a cd. its there forever and will never play perfect all the way through.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

shine down unshy

The movie is awesome.  I'm going to see it again in Chicago.

samson simpson

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 30, 2008, 04:57 PM
for instance (batman's little onry scowl he does whenever he's trying to confuse his true identity)

exactly
and also the catching a fucking PLANE IN FULL MOTION  with some kind of bommerang ( timing it exactly )while holding someone or having that person strapped onto him and not to mention the Joker getting fucked up by the batman in that interrogation room , but not bleeding one bit afterwards.

this shit was the most overrated peice of media along with the new grand theft auto video game.

yea its "cool" but the way some of you people have hopped on this bandwagon is just insane.

I did like brokebacks portrayl

it was great.

end

theis

because it's #1 on IMDB doesn't mean it's the best movie ever. lolz.

there's been a lot of hype around this. everybody are talking about it, thousands of people around the world are gonna see it. it's been a while since a movie have been this hyped and it's hyped for a good reason. it's a great fucking movie.
lots of people are voting on imdb, lots of people are giving it 8/10, 9/10, 10/10... hence the #1 spot.

it has nothing to do with "jumping on the band wagon". you either like a movie or you don't. the majority loves the dark knight.

just look at it as it is...a highly, HIGHLY anticipated movie that managed to deliver the goods. no wonder people are giving it a high score.

and yes, it's a definite 10/10 from me as well.

wither-I

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jul 31, 2008, 01:29 AM
because it's #1 on IMDB doesn't mean it's the best movie ever. lolz.

there's been a lot of hype around this. everybody are talking about it, thousands of people around the world are gonna see it. it's been a while since a movie have been this hyped and it's hyped for a good reason. it's a great fucking movie.
lots of people are voting on imdb, lots of people are giving it 8/10, 9/10, 10/10... hence the #1 spot.

it has nothing to do with "jumping on the band wagon". you either like a movie or you don't. the majority loves the dark knight.

just look at it as it is...a highly, HIGHLY anticipated movie that managed to deliver the goods. no wonder people are giving it a high score.

and yes, it's a definite 10/10 from me as well.
agree. mostly.

wither-I

Quote from: samson simpson on Jul 30, 2008, 09:36 PM
for instance (batman's little onry scowl he does whenever he's trying to confuse his true identity)

exactly
and also the catching a fucking PLANE IN FULL MOTION  with some kind of bommerang ( timing it exactly )while holding someone or having that person strapped onto him and not to mention the Joker getting fucked up by the batman in that interrogation room , but not bleeding one bit afterwards.

this shit was the most overrated peice of media along with the new grand theft auto video game.

yea its "cool" but the way some of you people have hopped on this bandwagon is just insane.

it was great.

end
agree. fully.

this post had me see something.
very well. very well indeed.

"inhabit your world"

wither-I

Quote from: samson simpson on Jul 30, 2008, 09:36 PM

exactly

it was great.

end
by the way 2 sampson... who did that beatiful painting in your sig?

4th Eye

So I saw The Dark Knight yesterday and I liked it. Liked it very much. I can't really point out bad things about it but to earn full 10 points it should've gotten my pants wet  when walking out the theatre. I don't know why it didn't, maybe the ending lacked something, just didn't leave that amazement like for example Se7en's ending did.

But it was entertaining and had no dull moments for the entire 152 minutes. Heath portrayed Joker very well and he was kinda menacing. Not that anyone else did bad work though. Also, the dark atmosphere and the mood with the music were fitting for the movie's overall tone. Definitely the movie of the year so far.

9½ out of 10

Battle-Axe

I watched The Dark Knight last night after work and I thought it was a pretty cool film. I did get a little confused in some parts but maybe that was because I was extremely tired from drinking about 6 gallons of vodka and Red Bull the night before haha.

Heath Ledger's performance was pretty awesome.

samson simpson

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 31, 2008, 05:19 AM
by the way 2 sampson... who did that beatiful painting in your sig?

DebrA Hurd

beautiful visions always

theis

wither-I

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 04, 2008, 12:34 AM
idiot #1
wha? where did that come from

anyways i saw this movie a second time with this girl im dating because her boss rented out the movie theatre and everyone brought beer and toked, so i was pumped to see it again!-but i must admit it was worse on the second viewing. the only thing that went better than the first viewing was the jokr's roll. the rest was ok. the beginning (after the bank robbery) was retarded and batman (christian bale) sucked so hard everybody (even to my suprise) in the theatre was laughing at most of the film. quite sad actually.