Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Dark Knight

Started by ben, Mar 20, 2007, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireflyry

Tbh on repeated views it's pretty boring for me personally.

The ending sucks, I always enjoy Heaths scenes, but that's about it and again...the ending sucks.

It's an epically cool film yet I wonder how it will stand the test of time.Take out the exceptional acting and impact of the Joker and it's pretty thin fare.

First watch I was blown away...second I was underwhelmed....now I'd rather watch 70's horror or Aliens for the millionth time.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Nov 26, 2008, 10:38 AM
Meh, im over the Dark Knight ..i watched it once with my gf, then once on my own..and honestly it IS a phenomenal movie, but i just cant watch it all the time like i watch "The Big Lebowski" or "Mallrats" or something. its too intense for every day viewing..maybe ill get high and watch it again one day though.

there once was a time in college where my roommate and I would watch Mallrats literally once per week.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

fireflyry

That's either sad or totally awesome.

*confuzzled*

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

Quote from: fireflyry on Nov 26, 2008, 02:04 PM
Tbh on repeated views it's pretty boring for me personally.

The ending sucks, I always enjoy Heaths scenes, but that's about it and again...the ending sucks.

It's an epically cool film yet I wonder how it will stand the test of time.Take out the exceptional acting and impact of the Joker and it's pretty thin fare.
First watch I was blown away...second I was underwhelmed....now I'd rather watch 70's horror or Aliens for the millionth time.

LOL. you could say that about any movie really (not the joker part  :)). without good acting and H.R. Giger's kick ass designs Aliens would have sucked.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 26, 2008, 03:04 PM
both

yeah its a bit of both...my copy of Mallrats re-starts itself when its finished, so you dont need to press play again to start it..

also in college, i literally had that same movie in the dvd player, playing over and over again for a week..eventually i needed a personality readjustment coz i was becoming like a combination of Brodie , and Jay mixed together..totally disgusting, and a pothead.
<

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Nov 27, 2008, 08:20 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 26, 2008, 03:04 PM
both

yeah its a bit of both...my copy of Mallrats re-starts itself when its finished, so you dont need to press play again to start it..

also in college, i literally had that same movie in the dvd player, playing over and over again for a week..eventually i needed a personality readjustment coz i was becoming like a combination of Brodie , and Jay mixed together..totally disgusting, and a pothead.

amazing. i don't know why, it was just a perfect college movie
DERP

alvarezbassist17

mallrats was filmed in the mall that i go to most often.  preeeetty exciiiiting.

fireflyry

theis

Pre-ordered the 2-Disc yesterday. Can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

fireflyry

Special Features could be well awesome.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 05, 2008, 04:26 AM
mallrats was filmed in the mall that i go to most often.  preeeetty exciiiiting.

For real? damn, thats pretty cool!
<

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

I pre ordered my Blu ray with the bat-pod last week and I cant wait for it.
There was no way I was going to get it on best buy.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

deftonekid

Well I finally got to watch it. I'm not a big Batman fan but I can say this is a great movie. Ledger's performance blew me away, it was so well done. The cinephotography is great, the FX's, the direction, everything. So very nice to watch.

defskull

Watched it again tonight on DVD.  That is definitely a movie best seen in the theatres.  Maybe because I saw it three times in theatres, but it was just sort of odd seeing everything so small.  It made it less epic.

theis

i saw it again last night too, on dvd.

for me, this movie just gets better with each viewing. such a fantastic flick.

4th Eye

Quote from: fireflyry on Nov 26, 2008, 02:04 PM
...Aliens for the millionth time.

:)
There's never too much of Aliens.
Which reminds me I haven't seen that movie this year and the year is almost over. I need my at least annual fix.

Though The Dark Knight became one of my favorite movies instantly, it left me a bit disappointed at times. Hopefully it'll get even better with a little more inspection.

bright lights, big city

will anybody pay to see it again in theaters in january?
DERP

defskull

I'm thinking about it.  Maybe in IMAX.  I have yet to see it there.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Dec 06, 2008, 08:24 AM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 05, 2008, 04:26 AM

For real? damn, thats pretty cool!

yeah, i think it was because they were gonna close the mall to renovate it because it was a piece of shit mall.  It's legit now after the renovations, but it doesn't look anything like the movie.  I remember pieces of it from going there awhile ago, but i was like 10 years old when they did the renovations.  i go to college with the sailboat kid, which is pretty funny.