Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeetLikeFins

Quote from: kleptoned on Mar 20, 2010, 01:40 AM
GOOSEBUMPS...Every song....Fantastic...Pure Genius...I dunno if its cause weve waited so long or were just excited its new Deftones but it sounds amazing...We say it for every album but this actually has a feel to it that hits home...Doesnt sound like they were tryin very hard...Has a very natural feel to it...Chinos voice and singing sound effortless...Some of his best to date IMO...Still cant get over how amazing this is..And again not just saying it because its a new Deftones album...

You know what the best part is?  

It's not because we've waited so long.  

It's because it really, really is that album we've been waiting for.   :)

Jesus2Chino

I'm waiting for the CD to drop to listen, but the idea that the album is out there makes me twitch a little, I can't lie. I'm stoked at the welcome it is getting here though.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

kleptoned

Quote from: FeetLikeFins on Mar 20, 2010, 01:51 AM
Quote from: kleptoned on Mar 20, 2010, 01:40 AM
GOOSEBUMPS...Every song....Fantastic...Pure Genius...I dunno if its cause weve waited so long or were just excited its new Deftones but it sounds amazing...We say it for every album but this actually has a feel to it that hits home...Doesnt sound like they were tryin very hard...Has a very natural feel to it...Chinos voice and singing sound effortless...Some of his best to date IMO...Still cant get over how amazing this is..And again not just saying it because its a new Deftones album...

You know what the best part is?  

It's not because we've waited so long.  

It's because it really, really is that album we've been waiting for.   :)

I am gonna agree with you now having listened to it 14 more times...

deftjess

TheQuietDoom46

Man I just made a post but damn, this album gets better by the minute! Risk is awesome!  ;D

Hidalgo

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Mar 20, 2010, 01:56 AM
I'm waiting for the CD to drop to listen, but the idea that the album is out there makes me twitch a little, I can't lie. I'm stoked at the welcome it is getting here though.

Much respect,
-Matt
my only problem with waiting, is nobody is guaranteed to live 2 more months. plus i gotta hear their new stuff the second i can. i'm buying the album for sure, so it's all good deals

Hidalgo

Quote from: TheQuietDoom46 on Mar 20, 2010, 02:02 AM
Man I just made a post but damn, this album gets better by the minute! Risk is awesome!  ;D
risk is excellent, and it was supposed to be the "forgetable" one of the album

TheQuietDoom46

And as far as people highlighting Sextape, rightfully so! Such a surreal feel to it, so beautiful sounding...man I'm so pleased.  :)

TheQuietDoom46

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 20, 2010, 02:06 AM
Man I just made a post but damn, this album gets better by the minute! Risk is awesome!  ;D
I don't see why, such a great song! Love the chorus.."I will say? your life.."

iceache

Quote from: TheQuietDoom46 on Mar 20, 2010, 02:12 AM

I will save your life ;)

TheShade1989

Man I just made a post but damn, this album gets better by the minute! Risk is awesome!  ;D

Damn right. Risk is one of my favorites.

Dienekes

I have not stopped listening since 4pm today. This album blows me away. It is impossible to pick a favorite and they all fit together so well! Anybody else notice there is only like a half second break between songs? Think this is how the real album will be?

As an aside, we gotta' give sergio a little love. Killer bass line on prince, "mindset of a killer". This album made my whole fucking year...

bebo

Frank is a fucking pro on this album

TheQuietDoom46

Quote from: iceache on Mar 20, 2010, 02:35 AM
Quote from: TheQuietDoom46 on Mar 20, 2010, 02:12 AM

I will save your life ;)
I thought so, in fact I was hoping it was save..I just couldnt hear the v in save. Good to know! Love it.

TheQuietDoom46

Quote from: bebo on Mar 20, 2010, 02:59 AM
I agree, I'm hearing a lot of very cool effects on a lot of the tracks. Especially at the part: "I will save your life.." - Risk

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 20, 2010, 02:05 AM
my only problem with waiting, is nobody is guaranteed to live 2 more months. plus i gotta hear their new stuff the second i can. i'm buying the album for sure, so it's all good deals

Oi, this is sound logic, which makes it just that much harder to wait. Day 1 and I'm a little dizzy. I've never listened to leaked Deftones stuff before besides the clips from S/T. I remember a little piece of me wishing that I hadn't listened to the clips once I gave the album a listen. Regret plagues both paths I'm afraid--but I won't regret anything if I'm dead, haha. Not an easy call for me.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

TheShade1989

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Mar 20, 2010, 03:06 AM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 20, 2010, 02:05 AM

Oi, this is sound logic, which makes it just that much harder to wait. Day 1 and I'm a little dizzy. I've never listened to leaked Deftones stuff before besides the clips from S/T. I remember a little piece of me wishing that I hadn't listened to the clips once I gave the album a listen. Regret plagues both paths I'm afraid--but I won't regret anything if I'm dead, haha. Not an easy call for me.

Much respect,
-Matt

Respect to you for having the patience and strength to wait, man.

deftonesloyal

question: what city is on the cover of the cd?

Sushi-X

Thats not the actual album art. And nobody knows what city that is.

Rocket Skates '94

luisch

somebody knows what scream Chino on Prince?

Quote from: TheQuietDoom46 on Mar 20, 2010, 03:00 AM
Quote from: bebo on Mar 20, 2010, 02:59 AM
I agree, I'm hearing a lot of very cool effects on a lot of the tracks. Especially at the part: "I will save your life.." - Risk

Totally agree, a lot of work in all the album
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know