Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceache

Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 19, 2010, 09:50 PM
i still find myself listening to rocket skates and not skipping it like i normally would for a single. last song to do that for me was hexagram. epic shit.

I find that the album has a story.. I want to skip Rocket Skates.. but its cool to listen to Prince>RS>SexTape

dictatesofreason

D Eyes is still my fave..sextape thats magic stuff

sing blue silver

it definitely has a cohesive vibe to it. for all the ups and downs it comes together as a full record. covers a spectrum and feels complete which is nice. happens pretty rarely i find.

iceache

Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 19, 2010, 09:54 PM
it definitely has a cohesive vibe to it. for all the ups and downs it comes together as a full record. covers a spectrum and feels complete which is nice. happens pretty rarely i find.

I dont think theres any songs that I would skip on the album.. other than Rocket Skates on the occasion

dictatesofreason

yeh same with me but thats cuz ive heard it a million times..still megaawesome tho

im listenin to xtape...for the 5th time

Subliminal

I'm in love with Prince right now!!

Sushi-X

'The Track Formerly Known As Prince' _rimshot_

haha, anyone? (crickets)

Rocket Skates '94

sing blue silver

Beauty School, Risk, Prince and Royal are my current top listens.

pixElsblUr

i still find myself listening to rocket skates and not skipping it like i normally would for a single. last song to do that for me was hexagram. epic shit.

Ha, I do that too, I normally skip the singles, I get annoyed by them, singles to me are kind of like something everyone heard but the rest of the tracks are for me and true fans, i don't know, weird :)

dictatesofreason

i get you sayin like fer me birthmark and lifter are the shit , i go so ticked that all people talked about was engine and swords from adrenaline, damone and mascara...

Frankz0r

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Mar 19, 2010, 10:07 PM

Ha, I do that too, I normally skip the singles, I get annoyed by them, singles to me are kind of like something everyone heard but the rest of the tracks are for me and true fans, i don't know, weird :)

I think the same way.

By the way, I think Frank's work is shit in this album, I mean, it's pretty simple... not big deal. I thought the opossite on SNW, that was a Frank's album, this is Stef's.

Frankz0r

Deftones will issue a 7″ for their track "Rocket Skates" with an M83 remix of the title track serving as the b-side. The outing will be released through Warner and will be limited to 3000 copies."

http://www.theprp.com/2010/03/19/news/deftones-avenged-sevenfold-mastodon-them-crooked-vultures-and-more-to-take-part-in-record-store-day/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

DOPE SHIT!!!!!!!!!

deftonesfan192

IM HEARING ON ROYAL....

"remove your veil... Im on your team"

mikau

for what Ive heard from the album (about half of it) I feel it very 90s... Jawbox/Pixies maybe even Garbage style.

Anyone feels the same?

Sushi-X

Is that being released here in the States?

Rocket Skates '94

mikau

Ok, Sextape = single material

deftonesfan192

Quote from: mikau on Mar 19, 2010, 10:27 PM
Ok, Sextape = single material

Royal I think.... :) for sure

Cherry Waves

I was up til 5am this morning, played the album 3 about 8 times......i can't stop drooling, Sextape is probably the most Beautiful Deftones song ever!
EAD!

snw9

I think "You've Seen the Butcher" is the song "Nylon and Suspenders", the slow sluggish song deftones have never done according to Chino.
Code: [Select]

Hidalgo

man, that's a great album