Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShade1989

Quote from: Dienekes on Mar 20, 2010, 05:05 AM
Quote from: juvenile on Mar 20, 2010, 04:45 AM
Quote from: mikau on Mar 20, 2010, 04:13 AM
prince sounds like rxqueen, doesnt it?

Reminiscent, yes

I love that intro! A sly nod to the wp era. Kind of has a street carp vibe as well. The knowledge of their previous work really shines on this album. Before it kind of seemed like each album was made in a bubble. For this one it seems like they took a look at all the stuff they did before and built, improved and expounded upon it.for example cmnd/ctrl = something updated from the adrenaline era. So cool to see them recognize their past and bring shit full circle.

Nice way of putting it. It's true, I mean, it is a new kind of sound, but also like they've improved and grown frm their old music. Hm...well, whatever it is, they did an awesome job.

There Will Be Blood

i'm going to name my kid rocketskates

Saturday Night Whiskey999

BLUMPKIN

3 times through now.  Words cannot describe how badass Prince and Royal are.  This album summarizes every reason why I have jammed this band for over 13 years now.  It's VERY complete.

Corleone

I don;t get the sextape love, beauty school is better.

deftones86

first time listening to it stoned ohhhhhhhhh man

mr.sinister

It leaked? Wow thats awesome I need to cop this shit. But Im still purchasing the physical copy of it. Anyone else with me?

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: mr.sinister on Mar 20, 2010, 05:48 AM
It leaked? Wow thats awesome I need to cop this shit. But Im still purchasing the physical copy of it. Anyone else with me?

hell yeah i'm with you. they need the money!

Saturday Night Whiskey999

This album deserves it. I will buy for sure. One copy to me and one for my brother.

pinkmaggit69

Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Mar 20, 2010, 05:31 AM
Words cannot describe how badass Prince and Royal are.  

My thoughts exactly!  

Drinks won't stain this birth!

Dienekes

Quote from: mr.sinister on Mar 20, 2010, 05:48 AM

I will definately buy the physical copy. I will by it on iTunes too if there is a bonus track.

deftonesloyal

i'm in love with sextape. i cant stop listening to it.

geraavl08

Beauty School is the SHIT!! I dont care what yall think!!

It drives me crazy, Just drives me wild...

m1nusblindfoLd

Beauty School and (especially) Sextape make me sad like Mascara, Teenager, Xerces, Cherry Waves, and Riviere do  :'(

Very powerful songs and it's hard for me to actually listen to them...

iceache

His singing in Risk reminds me of Alien Ant Farm

TheShade1989

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 20, 2010, 07:06 AM
Beauty School and (especially) Sextape make me sad like Mascara, Xerces, Cherry Waves, and Riviere do  :'(

Very powerful songs and it's hard for me to actually listen to them...

Even though it's a negative emotion, you gotta love music that can evoke certain emotions in you. I guess that's the whole goal of it though. Riviere is a beautiful song though.

deftones86

well i listend to it 3 times now stoned it is amazing this just might be my favorite album but ill wait awhile for that. Amazing work. 

Thank you Deftones

Shadow46/2

I must say, this was the first and only Deftones album that I loved already just upon first listen. Even White Pony took me two or three listens to truly start to get into it. But right off the bat, Diamond Eyes just clicked. Phenomenal.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

lahemi

I don't like the album anymore. I've just realised there's no "THE EEEARTH!!1"-track on it. Fucking sucks.

Penicks

Nor a "youuuuuuuuuuuuuu" track. SABOTAGE DEFTONES