Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cEvin Key

Quote from: deftonesfan192 on Mar 19, 2010, 10:44 PM
Quote from: mikau on Mar 19, 2010, 10:27 PM
Ok, Sextape = single material

Royal I think.... :) for sure

I agree with ! I honestly think they made bad choices for the singles.well rocket skates was cool as a preview track. but instead of diamond eyes they should have went wtih "beauty school" or "royal" maybe royal as the first single and beauty school as secong...I hope that after dyamond eyes "beauty school" gets released as a single.that track. sextape is also great but I think two mellow single are too much so I would prefer beauty as single instead of sextape.

Corleone

Quote from: juvenile on Mar 19, 2010, 10:49 PM
I think "You've Seen the Butcher" is the song "Nylon and Suspenders", the slow sluggish song deftones have never done according to Chino.

I really like that song, could be a single but prob not.

Hidalgo

i'm REALLY GLAD there's no lucky you or pink cellphone type song. those are ok, but i didn't want another one. let holy ghost do those. and no pro tools is sounding amazing

and towards the end of royal, can that be considered a guitar solo? i think maybe

snw9

i really want to hear eros now
Code: [Select]

snw9

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 07:45 PM
Quote from: juvenile on Mar 19, 2010, 07:43 PM
Who gets a Will haven feel on the second track?Called Royal i think?

Absolutely. I love Will Haven :)

It sounds a lot like one of the Will Haven songs with the previous new singer (Jeff) actually, not Grady (but I read that Grady is back now ever since the Chi benefit!!!)

Correct u r, i cant wait to hear Grady's Rage pouring out of himself over those crunchy will haven riffs

Hidalgo

i can't belive it leaked 2 months early. even WP did leak quite this fast, but close

snw9

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 19, 2010, 11:23 PM
i can't belive it leaked 2 months early. even WP did leak quite this fast, but close

Must have been one of those radio stations..or someone pulled it out of a factory

deftonesfan192

Im noticing lots of time signature changing in this album think theyre (Steph) using messhuggahs time signatures

iceache

Anyone know where I can get the avant garde font for free?

Subliminal

Quote from: Frankz0r on Mar 19, 2010, 10:11 PM
Quote from: pixElsblUr on Mar 19, 2010, 10:07 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 19, 2010, 09:50 PM
i still find myself listening to rocket skates and not skipping it like i normally would for a single. last song to do that for me was hexagram. epic shit.

Ha, I do that too, I normally skip the singles, I get annoyed by them, singles to me are kind of like something everyone heard but the rest of the tracks are for me and true fans, i don't know, weird :)

I think the same way.

By the way, I think Frank's work is shit in this album, I mean, it's pretty simple... not big deal. I thought the opossite on SNW, that was a Frank's album, this is Stef's.

Yeah this album screams Steph, because of all the Meshuggah-esque riffage. I think Chi and Frank shone on SNW, I mean the bass for Cherry Waves is fuckin' killer. The verse riff, man!!

Quote from: Hidalgo on Mar 19, 2010, 11:09 PM
i'm REALLY GLAD there's no lucky you or pink cellphone type song. those are ok, but i didn't want another one. let holy ghost do those. and no pro tools is sounding amazing

and towards the end of royal, can that be considered a guitar solo? i think maybe

I agree, I had this nagging feeling that Sex Tape was gonna be one of those songs!

Quote from: juvenile on Mar 19, 2010, 11:10 PM
i really want to hear eros now

Me too, Chino did say they'll release it at somepoint!

FeetLikeFins

OH. MY. GOD.

They fucking did it.  

They fucking knocked it out of the park.  

Met every expectation.

This is the album I've been waiting for since WP.

GREAT.  Not good.  GREAT album.

My god.

I'm speechless.

I'm in love.    :'(

Subliminal

Quote from: FeetLikeFins on Mar 19, 2010, 11:59 PM
OH. MY. GOD.

They fucking did it. 

Met every expectation.

GREAT.  Not good.  GREAT album.

My god.

I'm speechless.

I'm in love.    :'(

1+

And look how long it took them to write it. Not even years!!

iceache

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 20, 2010, 12:07 AM
OH. MY. GOD.

They fucking did it. 

Met every expectation.

My god.

I'm speechless.

1+

months :d

DakkoN

Been listening to it all day long.. multiple times on the computer and then multiple times on my iPod in the car and right now on headphones... Cannot believe how good this albums is, it's pretty much amazing.

deftoolsys07

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THIS IS THE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

There Will Be Blood

sextape might be the most special thing on the album

deftoner664

HOLY...SHIT... WHERE THE FUCK HAVE i BEEN I HAD NO IDEA THE ALBUM WAS GOING TO LEAK THIS QUICK! hah! everyones responses to the album got me psyched! Downloading it now... and dont worry I'm going to buy the album... Deftones we trust!
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Saturday Night Whiskey999

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 20, 2010, 12:07 AM
OH. MY. GOD.

They fucking did it. 

Met every expectation.

My god.

I'm speechless.

1+

+ 2

5 fucking stars.

Deft_16_Ones

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Mar 19, 2010, 05:39 PM
Quote from: deftomontt on Mar 19, 2010, 05:38 PM
i felt very Disappointed whit this album... Definitively i didnt like it ... :'(

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Why not? I mean, different opinions and all, but damn.

What he cant a have a different opinion as you?

Well after listening to the whole album with good headphones I must say that this album is a mixed of ATF,Self titled and WP.
At first I didnt like it, maybe because of shitty headphones @ work but holy shit I cant wait to buy it.
Great album my favorite songs by far are:

Royal (Holy shit that final scream)
Prince (I do agree with some of your saying is kinda like RxQueen)
Rocketskates (Of course since it was the first taste of the album)
Diamond Eyes (I didnt like the chorus but musically is great)
Sextape (Teamsleep sound and sounds great)

It is a great album and it has a NINish vibe which makes it much fucking better. Great day New Deftones and My Order of God of War 3 Ultimate is on route  ;D :D

TheShade1989

Quote from: Deft_16_Ones on Mar 20, 2010, 12:45 AM
Quote from: TheShade1989 on Mar 19, 2010, 05:39 PM
Quote from: deftomontt on Mar 19, 2010, 05:38 PM
i felt very Disappointed whit this album... Definitively i didnt like it ... :'(

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Why not? I mean, different opinions and all, but damn.

What he cant a have a different opinion as you?

Course he can, that's why I didnt say that he's wrong for it.

But yeah, so even the songs that I liked but didnt love are now growing on me, so this is...9 new songs that I'ma be listening to for...oh, 12 hrs or something. This should be fun. I'm blown away by this album though.