Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Does God exist?

Started by untz untz untz, Dec 04, 2007, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

wow.  Someone who types with an Iyaric accent.

Fireal1222

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 05, 2007, 09:23 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Dec 05, 2007, 09:42 AM
u guys are nuts

but of course god exists.

oh yeah, you saw him in the toilet once...right?

LMAO.. i went back and read the first page of this thread and saw something i never noticed b4

theis you sarcastic prick.. i cant believe u remember that mushroom story. i love you

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Variable

you two make such a cute couple

downtownpony

Variable

So today at work someone spread a nasty rumor that we were getting either tomorrow or Monday due to work.  So I had all these guys BUGGIN the shit out of me to find out if we were getting a day off or not.  So all of the sudden everyone gave a shit about Jesus and needed an extra day off to celebrate his resurrection. 
So me in my classic tact, went on to explain to them that the reason we don't get a day off for the resurrection of Jesus is because if we did, we would also have to take a day off for the death of super man, The anniversary of Batman and Robin hooking up, and the anniversary of the first episode of Charlie Brown.  I then went on to explain that from 1630 on friday to 0730 on monday morning they are allowed to worship any make believe people they choose.  But their asses would be in work on both days. 
lol, oh man, if looks could kill.  That really pissed off some of the genuine Christians I worked with.  I'm sleeping with one in the chamber tonight.

one weak

sounds like you put the fear of God in 'em.

Variable

As far as I'm concerned, I am their god.

devlin

Quote from: Variable on Apr 10, 2009, 05:16 AM
So today at work someone spread a nasty rumor that we were getting either tomorrow or Monday due to work.  So I had all these guys BUGGIN the shit out of me to find out if we were getting a day off or not.  So all of the sudden everyone gave a shit about Jesus and needed an extra day off to celebrate his resurrection. 
So me in my classic tact, went on to explain to them that the reason we don't get a day off for the resurrection of Jesus is because if we did, we would also have to take a day off for the death of super man, The anniversary of Batman and Robin hooking up, and the anniversary of the first episode of Charlie Brown.  I then went on to explain that from 1630 on friday to 0730 on monday morning they are allowed to worship any make believe people they choose.  But their asses would be in work on both days. 
lol, oh man, if looks could kill.  That really pissed off some of the genuine Christians I worked with.  I'm sleeping with one in the chamber tonight.

LOL. thats great man. reminds me of about a year ago when my son was about to start going to school. my girl suggested catholic school. i told her i might as well send him to hogwarts. she wasn't as amused as i was. but thats usually the case, i'm often the only one laughing at my jokes.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

If life on Earth is FAR TOO COMPLEX to have spawned from evolution and we were created by a being INFINITELY MORE COMPLEX than us...by that logic our creator had to be created by something more complex than he and so on and so forth.

Bam, evolution wins.

Seems likely.

Variable

ehhhhhhhh.  I mean, I get what you are trying to say there.  But that might be a bit of a stretch.  There are plenty of reasons to think the major religions of the world are allegory and that evolution is way more than likely truth, without having to stretch into silly philosophical pissing contest. 

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I can piss further than you.

Variable

Oh yeah?  Well my dick is bigger than yours.

Law

Quote from: Variable on Apr 15, 2009, 05:34 AM
ehhhhhhhh.  I mean, I get what you are trying to say there.  But that might be a bit of a stretch.  There are plenty of reasons to think the major religions of the world are allegory and that evolution is way more than likely truth, without having to stretch into silly philosophical pissing contest. 

Well it's the best we have to offer, and probably the truth. Being a scientist though, I find the religious argument highly infuriating; normally to prove something you provide the evidence in the publication and so forth... but for proving God because the idea is so damn complicated for us we apparently have no way of doing that, so you then can't argue if they're right or wrong. I would love it that if I could send Physical Review Letters a paper with that sort of backing. I mean with the evidence we have nowadays to prove certain things which of course you couldn't have described say 2000 years ago (take solar flares for example), I find it hard to believe why there is so much bullshit like organized religion still floating around. If there was a man with a big white beard watching down, surely the last thing he would want would be an organized hypocritical movement which has stolen most of the worlds assets via rape pillage and burning. Surely if we were going on right and wrong, this guy in the clouds would just want every being good for themselves and the rest of world, I mean he did create Adam and Eve right? Fuck me what a load of bullshit... I think the logic behind it all is bloody hilarious.

Variable

are you like a 15 year old that took a biology class and now you think you're a scientist?

Law

Quote from: Variable on Apr 20, 2009, 02:35 AM
are you like a 15 year old that took a biology class and now you think you're a scientist?

I'm a PhD student in theoretical physics, specifying in Soft Matter, so no.

http://www.physics.hull.ac.uk/theory.php

Sorry to dissapoint.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Variable

Quote from: Jambi on Apr 20, 2009, 04:09 PM

Sorry to dissapoint.
Its really no disappointment.  I just have a hard time believing that someone who is supposedly a scientist ( or almost one ) would say that a silly philosophical pissing contest was " The best we have to offer " instead of presenting scientific fact based on the scientific method.  I don't claim to be an expert of evolution or creation or even science at all.  But I know there is a lot better arguments out there.  Especially when you went on some lame ass rant that sounded like you did a really bad job ripping off a George Carlin joke.

Are you sure you're not like a freshman in college that told their guidance councilor that you really, really, REALLY wanted to get a PHD in theoretical physics someday?   Or do you really just suck that bad?  If you are actually one of those PHD students from that site, tell your professors to step it up.

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

devlin

Quote from: Variable on Apr 21, 2009, 03:37 AM
Quote from: Jambi on Apr 20, 2009, 04:09 PM

Sorry to dissapoint.
Its really no disappointment.  I just have a hard time believing that someone who is supposedly a scientist ( or almost one ) would say that a silly philosophical pissing contest was " The best we have to offer " instead of presenting scientific fact based on the scientific method.  I don't claim to be an expert of evolution or creation or even science at all.  But I know there is a lot better arguments out there.  Especially when you went on some lame ass rant that sounded like you did a really bad job ripping off a George Carlin joke.

Are you sure you're not like a freshman in college that told their guidance councilor that you really, really, REALLY wanted to get a PHD in theoretical physics someday?   Or do you really just suck that bad?  If you are actually one of those PHD students from that site, tell your professors to step it up.

wow that was rather harsh.