Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

new deftones blog news!

Started by There Will Be Blood, Jan 09, 2008, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

ha ha ha...

Anyway, I'm pretty much hooked, and can't wait to hear something from this fucker...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

13hourstoparadise

No kidding, something, I'm not asking for penitration, just a little hummer you know...

Corleone

so whats the news? i must have missed it

There Will Be Blood

the news is that they are still working good together! chino seems very happy. maybe the more happy he is the better the record is going to be? and maybe we wont see a break up after this record?

Hidalgo

i wish Chino, or Stephen would elaborate on what's got Chino so excited about Stephen's playing this time around. what is Stephen doing different that has Chino so satisfied that he's put his guitar down? man, why aren't interviewers smart enough to ask this question?

cyppe101

White Wrist

Where is rumors? He should be here more times.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Hidalgo on Jan 10, 2008, 08:08 AM
i wish Chino, or Stephen would elaborate on what's got Chino so excited about Stephen's playing this time around. what is Stephen doing different that has Chino so satisfied that he's put his guitar down? man, why aren't interviewers smart enough to ask this question?

Speaking with Chino he realized that the best time recording, and his favorite albums was during Adrenaline and ATF era. These both were written and played together, as a whole band; a group collective. The whole band esp. Chino wants to get back to his roots... Where they all play together rather than recording in different areas of the world and sending the tracks to be mastered...

EL_PULKASZONE

Kerrang! included a piece on us in their "What To Look Forward To In 2008" Issue. We thought it would be nice to share it all with you.

Kerrang!: It normally seems to take you years to release a new album. Why has this one happened so fast?

Chino: "We've certainly taken our time on the last few records but this one has happened very quickly. We got off tour and took a month off. Then we went into the studio and wrote a lot of music very quickly."

Kerrang!: It sounds like a very fertile period.

Chino: "It was. The most important thing we had to do was to break our habits and change the way we've done things for the last few years. One of the reasons the last few records took so long was because everyone was working separately.We would record our parts and then email them out without actually seeing each other. That has its positives but we really missed out on the creative process of all of us sitting in a room and writing together. This time, we were all together and that really helped. In fact, I'd say that our working relationship is better than it's ever been before. As a result, everything has improved
-our friendships and our lives. We're all really happy now.

Kerrang!: The last album had a very difficult birth. You weren't sure you wanted to be in the band and there were lots of inter-band tensions. Has that changed?

Chino: "There were lots of problems on the last album, definitely. The way we were working meant that communication in the band wasn't very strong. That's changed now that we've shifted our approach. Making that last record was seriously unhealthy experience. It just dragged on without much direction. Even the idea of the record was just to make something vague, and that's pretty much what we did. I liked it, but when we focus and work together, it's a lot better."

Kerrang!: How has the relationship between the band members improved?

Chino: "Over the last few years, a lot of the band members have had a few problems- divorces, money problems, life- and it has just been an unhappy time. We've all come out of that now. I hate to talk like its all rainbows and sunshine over here, but it is!"

Kerrang!: So you feel positive now?

Chino: "The reason we're in a band is because it's fun. It just wasn't fun back when we were making Saturday Night Wrist. I really didn't want to do it anymore, which is why I left the band to go and do the Team Sleep thing. I really wasn't sure if I was going to return to the band either. We had to take a break because we'd been going for 10 years straight and it was a relentless cycle of studio, touring, studio, touring. It just wasn't fun. But, having rediscovered our friendships, everything became worthwhile again. Every day just gets better and better now."

Kerrang!: What does the new material sound like?

Chino: "The songs are definitely weird, which is a breath of fresh air to me. I haven't been playing guitar on these new songs so Steph (Carpenter, guitar) has taken up the helm and that's worked out really well. He's been very creative has been writing very weird, melodic stuff. That's great because I want the album to be as weird as we can possibly make it without completely alienating people. If I had to compare it to any of our records, then I think it probably reminds me of White Pony the most. There's a lot of atmosphere and a lot of soundscaping. I couldn't' feel better about it at the moment."

-deftones

:yahoo:

TheWatcher

White Pwny

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 10, 2008, 02:01 AM
No kidding, something, I'm not asking for penitration, just a little hummer you know...

Ill take the penetration please!
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

weakcure

I'm down with sunshine and rainbows.

mr.sinister

yeah fuck yeah! the deftones are back. damn i have a feeling this album is going to live up to around the fur and white pony. it will probably be a fan favorite. yes!!

damn good for chino too! it looks like he is getting back into shape! fuck yeah!

snw777

I think the deftones will never release a album like white pony or around the fur anymore...

chinos voice isnt good like on ATF and they will never do an album so great like that again.

hope im wrong.

White Wrist

Quote from: snw777 on Jan 13, 2008, 01:31 AM
I think the deftones will never release a album like white pony or around the fur anymore...

chinos voice isnt good like on ATF and they will never do an album so great like that again.

hope im wrong.

Rafael my friend, let´s keep hope!

esperança!

mikau

chino's voice isn't that good anymore but now they're a better band musically. They can do better stuff than atf, they proved that already.

Timmy666

Quote from: mikau on Jan 13, 2008, 04:08 AM
chino's voice isn't that good anymore but now they're a better band musically. They can do better stuff than atf, they proved that already.
::) I'm so tired of hearing that...

Nailec

fuck your subjectivism.

i do want a new record.

i have to admit i could listen more often to their old ones before.

White Pwny

I just want to hear some new Deftones.... BADLY.  :-\
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Timmy666