Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

We NEED musical revolution

Started by whodunit?, Nov 08, 2008, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodunit?

I've tried everything that's possible from Black Metal, Prog Rock, various types of Electronica music, dub/reagee, hip-hop and so on. In the last few years nothing has caught my attention, except for TMV and just few bands. Is there anything fresh out there? Something revolutionary? Something that I could drown into for more than just 30 minutes?

Atomic

My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

lostpilot

post-rock. ;D
but you would already know that I would recommend you this,
and since you dislike post-rock,
so this post does not exist actually.

try stoner rock. bands like Black Mountain or Crystal Antlers.

whodunit?

Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 08, 2008, 01:10 PM
post-rock. ;D

bored, is that you? did you change your name? I don't know cause I have been here for some time.

Post some stuff dude. I'm open to new sounds. I'm checking some 90's post-punk stuff now.

lostpilot

Quote from: whodunit? on Nov 08, 2008, 01:19 PM
post-rock. ;D

bored, is that you? did you change your name? I don't know cause I have been here for some time.

Post some stuff dude. I'm open to new sounds. I'm checking some 90's post-punk stuff now.

yeah, it's me.. Nuno changed my nickname, and it is very nice.
hm,
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydtsmtfzmyg Crystal Antlers EP. very short :(
you'll absolutely find Black Mountain - In the Future anywhere.

and for the post-rock.. well, it's all instrumental, calm..
try, for the beginning, Godspeed You! Black Emperor.
since you like the heavier music, I think you will absolutely like them.
Three albums for your choice - F#A#, Yanqui UXO and Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven.
I think you should try the Lift Your Skinny Fists..

whodunit?

Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 08, 2008, 01:28 PM
post-rock. ;D

yeah, it's me.. Nuno changed my nickname, and it is very nice.
hm,
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydtsmtfzmyg Crystal Antlers EP. very short :(
you'll absolutely find Black Mountain - In the Future anywhere.

and for the post-rock.. well, it's all instrumental, calm..
try, for the beginning, Godspeed You! Black Emperor.
since you like the heavier music, I think you will absolutely like them.
Three albums for your choice - F#A#, Yanqui UXO and Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven.
I think you should try the Lift Your Skinny Fists..

Oh, I love GODSPEED. I've listened to them few years ago. However, since I'm not in mood for that I'm searching for some funk stuff now. Oh, and I'll check CHRISTAL ANTLERS and tell ya if I like them.
Thanks bro'!

Zevaka

I'm introducing you 90s shoegazing

the main albums are

Ride - Nowhere (1990)
http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=MLZDC5HH
QuoteFrom start to finish, as the guitars - acoustic, electric, riffing and jangling - weave in and out of each other, and those oddly hymnal vocals intimate magic and mystique, there's this unmistakable intensity which sweeps the listener along, every chord being hammered out as if the players' lives depended on it, which at the time they probably did.

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991)
http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=pijwa53f
QuoteLoveless intimates sensuality and sexuality instead of stating them explicitly; Kevin Shields and Bilinda Butcher's vocals meld perfectly with the trippy sonics around them, suggesting druggy sex or sexy drugs.

Slowdive - Souvlaki (1993)
http://rapidshare.com/files/55715974/SSUV.rar
QuoteThey've found a way to be quiet, moving, and aggressive simultaneously, mixing trance-like beauty with the deepest delayed guitar sounds around, a sound at once relaxing, soothing, and exciting, and most of all harshly beautiful

Swervedriver - Mezcal Head (1993)
http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=MWRN8R8D
QuoteLike a film with many well-developed characters that makes one lose both track of time and a sense of self, Mezcal Head delivers. And, just to hammer home that this isn't an album that loses its effect outside of the automobile -- after the tenth play you'll surely learn your lesson to quit running over to the stereo and increasing the volume with each successive song. Just leave it pegged.

those are my fav "classic shoegaze" albums

phil for real

sadly, there hasn't been a musical revolution since the nu metal genre.

Jerry_Curls

post-rock. ;D

90's post-punk? What would that be? Jesus Lizard?

IF you're into TMV and all that psych stuff, check out Entrance. Saw them last night at this party, amazing band. Their bassist is Paz formally of A Perfect Circle/Zwan. Shes so fucking dope.
"Grim Reaper Blues"-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWbLWjHWQo
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: whodunit? on Nov 08, 2008, 11:04 AM
I've tried everything that's possible from Black Metal, Prog Rock, various types of Electronica music, dub/reagee, hip-hop and so on. In the last few years nothing has caught my attention, except for TMV and just few bands. Is there anything fresh out there? Something revolutionary? Something that I could drown into for more than just 30 minutes?

I hear what ur saying. I myself, as a lifelong fan of music in general, have been into metal, classic rock, house, ninja tunes, death metal, thrash metal, pop...

and i also feel like nothing catches my attention after a while, BUT every 5 years or so something big happens in music, something that re-vamps the entire process and style of music.

i dont know what that would be at the moment, but im listening to a lot of Kaada/Patton lately, its satisfying me i guess.
<

Alvar

i'm absolutely ok with the recent music scene.
sure there`s lots of shit out there, but there is also alot of interesting stuff.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Nebontha

wtf is the "recent music scene" anyways?
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Alvar

Quote from: Nebontha on Nov 10, 2008, 09:11 PM
wtf is the "recent music scene" anyways?

the fusion of musical styles and the intention to do something new that nobody has ever done before.
or to try out everything that creates a sound and call it music.... or something like that.

ok thats not a scene, thats just the musical zeitgeist. and it keeps pushing music to the extremes.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Nebontha

interesting...I thought the recent scene was that whole ' 70s music revival thing, or was that last year's scene? lmao I'm so out of tune with what's new and hip, I must be getting old...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Jizzlobber

Getting old should give you more scope into what is "hip"..most youngsters (lets say 12 - 16 yr olds)..think that whatever current musical fad is going is the "be all and end all off modern, fashionable music"

But fact is , most musical trends are a re-hash of previous trends..most of the shit that i see as popular today is the same shit that ws popular a few years ago, or maybe a decade or 2..but point is, we've had 70's revivals..80's revivals..sonn grunge will be the "hot NEW trend" again
<

whodunit?

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Nov 11, 2008, 09:53 AM
Getting old should give you more scope into what is "hip"..most youngsters (lets say 12 - 16 yr olds)..think that whatever current musical fad is going is the "be all and end all off modern, fashionable music"

But fact is , most musical trends are a re-hash of previous trends..most of the shit that i see as popular today is the same shit that ws popular a few years ago, or maybe a decade or 2..but point is, we've had 70's revivals..80's revivals..sonn grunge will be the "hot NEW trend" again

oh, I agree with you.

mr.sinister

I don't think there will be a musical revolution that will catch my attention and make me like it. What shits hot right now? This??!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

Honestly all the stuff that new bands are coming out with sucks and lacks talent and soul. All the bands that came out in 2002 and below are the only ones that I listen too. I listen to whatever they come out with nowadays because its still good.

Zevaka

so, did u like shoegazing, my polish buddy?

theis

Alvar

Quote from: mr.sinister on Nov 11, 2008, 10:13 PM
I don't think there will be a musical revolution that will catch my attention and make me like it. What shits hot right now? This??!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

i just puked all over my keyboard

last.fm/user/z0z0bra